JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960 - macro on SmartControl button locks up device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quartermain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: URC-7960 - macro on SmartControl button locks up device Reply with quote

I want to use the SmartControl buttons on a URC-7960 as single-button device keys so I can select a device by feel in the dark. I also want the buttons to switch inputs on my AV receiver. I'm just duplicating how my URC-7555 is set up.

I've set up Shift-1 through Shift-5 on the AV receiver device to select inputs.

The macro on the WatchTV button is: AMP;Shift-1;TV:Menu

I put the Menu key in the macro so I could tell it had successfully changed device. It all works OK, except that the remote now no longer responds to any keypress except the device select keys or the SmartControl keys with macros on. No lights flash. If I press either of the device select keys the TV device light comes on and then it is OK again.

AudoHelp and VideoHelp are OK - the problem is only with the WatchTV, WatchMove and ListenToMusic keys. I get the same symptoms if I program the macro using Magic-995. The exact key sequence is slightly different, in this case it is STB;DVD;AMP;Magic;Magic;1;DVD;STB;TV, ie the button sequence I actually pressed, but the lockup still happens.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else with a URC-7960 has seen this problem.
rosito

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: URC-7960 - macro on SmartControl button locks up device Reply with quote

Hi Quartermain, and sorry for the very late reply, but I've just signed in.

I have the exact same problem with my 7962 Motion (JP3).
But with my 7960 (JP1.4) the macro and activities seem to work together.

You have probably already solved your problem.
Could you tell us how?

On the 7960 I would try not using shift keys (key magic), but a phantom one under Key Moves (buttons 39, 3A, 3B... 40).

On my 7960 I had originally programmed two macros on WatchTV and WatchMovie buttons using Setup+ 995. Both retain their activities functions after the macro have been issued.

They read as followed on RMRI 2.03.

WatchTV: DVD;AMP;button3C;TV;button3A;VideoHelp;STB
WatchMovie: AMP;button3E;TV;button3A;VideoHelp;STB;DVD

Where AMP b3C is Receiver HDMI 1 Input, b3E is HDMI 3, TV b3A is TV Discrete Power ON and VideoHelp is TV HDMI 2 - ARC to Receiver.

My main complain about the old 7960 is no PowerMacro (LKP), something its newer sibling 7962 motion has - although in detriment to the Macro + Activity capability. Its American version (OARI06G) also seems to have the MasterPower feature.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: