JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Blinking device select button and Shift cloaking again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Blinking device select button and Shift cloaking again Reply with quote

Hi. With extended Insignia 67100 via the 'Install Extender' command in RMIR RemoteMaster 2.02Beta 1.5u, and JP1.3 Combined Extender, Windows 7, the extender activates and de-activates as it should but I noticed that, in the default configuration, the buttons which have macros by default caused a single flash when pressed and held, except the AUX button which differed by continuing to cause blinking on and off while it was held down. Now that I have started to organize the basic setup and have put the Favourites upgrade in dev2 on the FAV button, the FAV button causes blinking when held down, while the AUX button still does the same. May I ask if this should be so, or why? http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12176

First wanted to try getting the device selection buttons set up to change inputs but understand dimly that an unshifted command on a key with macro or keymove in its unshifted position, can still be accessed using shift if there is no shifted macro or shifted keymove in place there (otherwise the unshifted command would be trumped). Is that right? and if so, why not put just put the unshifted command on the shifted position instead of leaving that empty? Expect sooner or later to have to use shift cloaking but can't grasp it, or even what the problem might be that would require it Confused No doubt something just won't work if it is needed, and have read examples and descriptions, but just can't get it. (also read that shift cloaking can't help by using xshift)

PS. (Edited: managed to change the shift key all on my own! problem had been misunderstanding about hex conversion).

Re temporary device selection within a macro, the readme says "Dev_xxx will do this".
(edit: I think I've got it - it's just that e.g. dev_AUX specifies that AUX keys are to be used but, as long as e.g. set_other does not follow it, it is temporary, so that after the macro the device reference reverts to whatever it was before the macro

Regards
Chris

Last edited by tranx on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: AUX power toggle does not work in macros Reply with quote

Power command works whether called from its place on the power button or from e.g. shift-5, but not when either key is included in a macro. I did read that Atlas has a problem like this but no reference yet to Insignia...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: AUX power toggle does not work in macros Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
Power command works whether called from its place on the power button or from e.g. shift-5, but not when either key is included in a macro. I did read that Atlas has a problem like this but no reference yet to Insignia...

Assuming you did everything correctly this would be a symptom of a duration problem. This happens if:
1. The minimum repeat in the protocol is too low
Or
2. There isn't a minimum repeat routine programmed.

Either way you need a custom protocol. The first cause can be handled easily, the second requires a lot more work.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - but that is a big assumption. Anyway I have been trying various things like putting power on shifted number keys and adding a string of 3 Pwr commands, so far to no avail. It works directly from shift-stop but not if shift-stop is put in a macro.

Stop press! - there is something in the readme troubleshooting I'll try that and report
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tests from Readme:-

1.) Put the single function on a pressable key and press and hold that
key. If that doesn't work, something more basic than a duration problem is
wrong. = but that does work

2.) Put a macro or DSM on a pressable key that is just the problem
function followed by an X_Cancel. When you press that key, the function is
not last, so the duration will be minimum. If that introduces the failure
you know it's a duration problem = that does not work
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which device is it that is giving you the problem?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it has been a problem with device Panasonic SC-BTT370 home theatre as AUX. Haven't yet tried Power for other devices in macros, but will get on with that if it is needed before you do more. It's on key 'Audio/DynVol', which is the green 'audyssey' button on my version, second from the left in the lowest row, and just wondered if that was special in some way.

It is intended to set up surround sound via HT's speakers and the macro I have been trying is:-
Dev_AUX;[Lime mains switch];Power;[pause 15secs];[bump HT input to optical]
This has the 'Set_n' instructions left out to render the AUX device temporary so it can return the action to whatever device has called it. The temp thing works but have tried it with all 'Set_[n]'s, when Power was still inneffective, and a pause between [Lime] and Power, doesn't help.

Just watched a BBC4 Tv programme 'Joy of Logic' which had a terrific scene with (6-7 year old) kids being bits and logic gates, wearing different coloured shirts, being 'in a computer' and doing Boolean operations. Quite amazing! If THAT can work, then ANYTHING can, or is that a fallacy?
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Vicky. In case it is relevant, found that the SC-BTT370 power command which does not work in the extender's macros, works ok in four similar macros, in the same BTT370 device, in a setup just replicated to try it in the un-extended Insignia. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12194
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works in slow macros but not in fast macros unless it is the last key in the key in the macro sequence. That means it can be fixed by adding one line of assembly code to the protocol. I can't do it until Thursday morning, can't do it without my equipment.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should fix the duration time. It gives 2 copies of the signal for any push.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12196

Delete the old upgrade, and add the new one. The functions have not been assigned to buttons.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you vicky. The provided Special Comcast Special Upgrade for SC-BTT370 was adjusted to be an Insignia-type & extender-type .rmdu and the buttons configured. Then the old BTT370 upgrade was deleted from the pre-existing extended Insignia image, and the adjusted Special one was added, but perhaps I did something wrong: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12197

Unfortunately, so far the effect of the problem macro is unchanged. In AUX mode the 'power' signal works to start to bring the BluRay BTT370 out of standby, but fails to do so in the macro: Dev_AUX;[Lime mains switch];Power;[pause 15secs];[bump HT input to optical], while the rest of the macro (except power) does still work as expected. I could test that because the Lime switch has a long latent period. Switching Lime and 'power' on manually, then initiating the macro just waits for 15 secs before successfully bumping the HT input.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I took a look at it, and I don't see anything wrong. The macro starts with Dev_Aux so all the keys should be firing.

When you look at the business end of your remote through a digital camera after you press the Audio/DynVol do you see a lot of flickering like it is sending a macro?

tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through a digital camera, pressing Audio/DynVol produces a few moments of pale purple light, then only a very faint red glow for 15 secs, then another purple light, perhaps for not so long as the first

Last edited by tranx on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the business end? Where the invisible to the naked eye IR shoots from?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: