JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cannot install USB IO Controller - Win7 64 bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Cannot install USB IO Controller - Win7 64 bit Reply with quote

I have the OFA 9910 rc with the USB cable connector. I've not had any problems at all with Windows XP.

Windows 7 64 bit sees the device when connected but fails to properly install. When I Update Driver... the message is Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device... Delcom Proxy - the system cannot find the file specified.

Since I saw several Hardward IDs requested I am posting.
USB\VID_0FC5&PID_1222&REV_000?
USB\VID_0FC5&PID_1222

Windows 7 64bit SP1
In advance thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the drivers from the jp1 website?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=153

I believe the drivers on the delcom site were buggy for 64bit systems. My USB jp1 cable installed with the drivers I found here

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Did you get the drivers from the jp1 website?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=153

I believe the drivers on the delcom site were buggy for 64bit systems. My USB jp1 cable installed with the drivers I found here

Yes, I previously had them and re-downloaded them again; still getting the error. Thanks for the reply.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VID/PID numbers are correct for a Delcom chip.
Make sure that you are trying to install from Wdp64bit.zip and not Wdp32bit.zip. Are you following the instructions, especially steps 7, 8, and 9?
Can you post at which step the error message appears?
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Can you post at which step the error message appears?
I'm definitely installing from wdp64bit.zip. The error occurs at both places: 1. Search for driver software in this location; the path points to where wdp64bit was extracted (error occurs when I click Next) and 2. at Let me pick from list of drivers.... I click Have Disk/ click on JP1Del.inf. Delcom Proxy is listed at Model; click Next = Error the system cannot find the file specified.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming you are moving from XP to 7, and may be new to some of the restrictions Windows 7 puts on you. The first thing to keep in mind, is that there are certain places that you can't put stuff. You can not extract to the root folder, nor Program Folders and there are probably some restrictions to the Windows system folder as well. So make sure you are extracting to an area that you have rights to. After you unzip the file, open an instance of Windows Explorer and navigate to extraction point. When you see the extracted files click on the Folder in the breadcrumb navigation bar to reveal the path for copy and paste. Copy the path, and then when you try to install the driver, paste the path into the navigation bar.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I am assuming you are moving from XP to 7, and may be new to some of the restrictions Windows 7 puts on you. The first thing to keep in mind, is that there are certain places that you can't put stuff. You can not extract to the root folder, nor Program Folders and there are probably some restrictions to the Windows system folder as well. So make sure you are extracting to an area that you have rights to. After you unzip the file, open an instance of Windows Explorer and navigate to extraction point. When you see the extracted files click on the Folder in the breadcrumb navigation bar to reveal the path for copy and paste. Copy the path, and then when you try to install the driver, paste the path into the navigation bar.
Vicky, first, thank you for the XP to 7 migration tips; I applied the copy/paste upgrading the driver. The driver successfully installed.

What I think the culprit was is that I've been using WinRAR to open/extract zip files. I must have omitted an extraction setting but Winrar did not create the amd64 folder when files were extracted; ZipCentral does after which the driver installed... weh!

Again, thank you all for your time and support.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is another xp to 7 migration tip. Windows does zip files natively in the file Explorer. You can create them with "send to compressed" and extract them by dragging and dropping. I'd strongly recommend the Windows 7 video tutorials in the link below. They really helped me make the change from XP to 7.

http://www.top-windows-tutorials.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: