JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1.4/JP2 communication protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: JP1.4/JP2 communication protocol Reply with quote

Hi there,

I recently bought a URC-7962. Just to find out that the uC on the remote is relatively new. But anyway, your tools worked, thanks.

Unfortunately, there is no linux version of the jp12library version 0.20 and not source code available. So i'm stuck with windows atm. That is where my hacking journey began.. So long story short i have a few questions Smile

Is there any documentation about the communication protocol between the remote and the PC. Although i find much about IR codes and IR protocols here, i find little information about how i communicate with the remote.

What i know from reading the source and some forum posts:

• UART, 38400 baud
  • pulse RST# for 35ms to enter programming mode
  • the protocol is request/response
  • the first two bytes are the length of the datagram, both for transmitting and receiving
  • the last byte is a checksum (XOR about all bytes of the datagram should be zero)
  • there are at least the commands listed below

commands:

• 0x01 - read block
  • 0x02 - write block
  • 0x03 - erase block
  • 0x50 - read remote information (?)
  • 0x51 - enter program mode
  • 0x52 - exit program mode

So do you know any more commands?

Where does the MAXQ IR protocol assembly come from (the maxq610.code lines in the protocols.bin)?

Btw, after playing with the communication protocol of the remote (with an attatched bus pirate) my remote seems to be stuck in the programming mode. Eg. it is still reachable on the UART interface but after resetting or powercycling the programming mode is entered automatically. That is, no keys are working and no LEDs will blink. If i manually send "0x00 0x02 0x52 0x50" (eg exit programming mode) the remote seems to react at least to key presses. Although manufacturer reset 9-8-1 does not work or at least does not reset the "always in programming mode" behaviour. Does any of the developers had a similar issue? Or maybe some pointers for me?

-michael
mwalle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i guess i bricked my remote. At least the "read remote information" command returns 0xffffffff as the base offset for the signature block Sad
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost track of the code(v0.20 could be in RMIR?) but there is src for jp12serial v0.19 here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11218 . You may have to search the forums for what was changed for v0.20.
mwalle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i noticed that source. 0.20 was distributed only in an rmir beta release, unfortunately without the source code. rmir 2.02a contains the 0.19 release.

in fact i disassembled the windows dlls of version 0.20 and 0.19 and compared them. the only difference i noticed is code that handles 32 bit addresses. and of course some detection mechanisms that enables this behaviour.

but anyway, i've written my own small library (for jp2 only). i'll publish the code on my github account. just in case someone is interested in it.

btw i've found an additional command '0x04', which seems to accept two 32bit values. eg.
00 0a 04 aa aa aa aa bb bb bb bb csum
don't know what it does, but if a=0, the execution time is linear to b. in fact it seems that the execution time is linear to (b-a). one byte is returned. but i don't know its meaning.

Eg.
a=0, b=0x10000. command takes ~400ms to complete
a=0, b=0x100000. command takes ~6400ms to complete
a=0x10000, b=0x20000. command takes ~400ms to complete

anyone have any idea? Smile

[update]: aah that might be some kind of checksum.

-michael
mwalle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok this command 4 is indeed a checksum.. nice this can be used to dump the whole program of the remote.

unfortunately, the disassembly generated by binutils is not that good to read Sad

-michael
mwalle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as promised, here is an initial version of my jp2library. available at
https://github.com/mwalle/jp2library

There is an JNI library which aims to be compatible with jp12serial.{dll,so}. But is almost unusable atm Wink

-michael
MikeT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think you can write an extender for the URC-7962?

Michael
MikeT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a extender for the Atlas 1056 B03 which might be a good start for a URC-7962 extender. Both are JP2 remotes using the MaxQ610/612 mcu.

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: