JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Common JP1.3 Extender V3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodenti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
I haven't played with the remote recently, so am brushing up and hope I won't steer you into trouble. I do use my 1056B01 with 3.03 extender.

Your filename has 3033 in it. Likely cosmetic, and unimportant. The 3.03 extended sig is 3x33...

Do your non-macro buttons work?
For instance, press TV, then press some channel numbers.Did the TV respond? Do the same for DVD.

I ask because
1. Your file lists 30+ devices, which is baffling. 13 for TV aren't Sharp. They all look like maybe from a standard, unextended remote? I'm clueless. Did you follow the installation instructions exactly?
2. When i pressed TV then 1,2,3 the remote sent Panasonic(Old) signals. Ditto for DVD.
3. When I press F1 or F2 nothing comes out
I think something is totally messed up with your file. And I don't know where to start Sad

As for your answers:
1. see post above
2. I couldn't get any of the devices to work properly.
3. same

Is it possible that the installation of the extender didn't work, or the base image was messed up from the start?

I restored back extender version 2.13 and everything is working again, so the remote is fine.

Do you have a file for this remote with the 3.03 extender installed that I can use as a base?
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
and many others... I may be addicted to JP1.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, but have to sift through some backups.
If not, I have a small file with pause experiments - I'll delete all the junk and post you mine. Tonight or tomorrow. The file will include a keymove to disable or enable the extender (I can't recall) which 3.03 didn't have, also I think I disable interruptable pause. It's been a long time ...
rodenti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
I do, but have to sift through some backups.
If not, I have a small file with pause experiments - I'll delete all the junk and post you mine. Tonight or tomorrow. The file will include a keymove to disable or enable the extender (I can't recall) which 3.03 didn't have, also I think I disable interruptable pause. It's been a long time ...

It's not urgent - I just want to play with the new extender. Smile

Thanks for your help.
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is as close to a base file I can get at the moment. My other box is busy with the backup drive and will be for a while.

I cleaned up one of my small current files to make this
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13571
I put few notes for you and keep that keymove for extender. You may find it useful.

I left my device macros. Change them. Left them just to give you an idea to use common code in that top phantom. Kill'm if you prefer the old way.
rodenti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
This is as close to a base file I can get at the moment. My other box is busy with the backup drive and will be for a while.

I cleaned up one of my small current files to make this
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13571
I put few notes for you and keep that keymove for extender. You may find it useful.

I left my device macros. Change them. Left them just to give you an idea to use common code in that top phantom. Kill'm if you prefer the old way.

I must be doing something wrong...

I downloaded your file, added the four devices (Sharp TV, Scientific Atlanta DVR, Sony BluRay, WDTV Live), added my macros, added my LKP keys... and still the same as last time.

With the extender disabled the remote works great, but as soon as I enable the extender it defaults all functions to cable and no other device or macro works.

New file modified from your base can be found here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13572
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do 981 and 980 reset before installing v3 extender? I suspect you did not considering all those extra devices. So you may have to start from scratch
I just uploaded this "base" file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13574
Some remotes have everything locked into CBL, yours might be one of them. I don't recall is mine was (TimeWarner) but I did do the resets for installing 3.02 after 2.11 in February or April.

I will now download your new file - just noticed you did try and no go.
rodenti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Did you do 981 and 980 reset before installing v3 extender? I suspect you did not considering all those extra devices. So you may have to start from scratch
I just uploaded this "base" file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13574
Some remotes have everything locked into CBL, yours might be one of them. I don't recall is mine was (TimeWarner) but I did do the resets for installing 3.02 after 2.11 in February or April.

I will now download your new file - just noticed you did try and no go.

I'm doing some debugging now... I used your latest unextended base and it worked fine on my remote. I then installed the 3.03 extender on that base and set up the default codes for my DVR and TV (1877, 0093) keeping the default device macros and it is working well.

Now I'm planning on adding my custom devices one at a time to see if one of those files is causing an issue. After that I'll do my own device macros and LKP setup

I'll update this post as I go along...

UPDATE #1:
Added my Sharp Aquos device with code 1093 and it caused the remote to go crazy... pressing the cable button causes it to blink several times and then the remote backlight turned on. I had to remove the batteries to get RemoteMaster to recognize the remote again. When I delete the TV device from the remote and upload it warns me about the signature not matching the remote... but the only difference is the device.

I tried this twice and the got the same result both times.

Tried again with my Scientific Atlanta DVR device update and got slightly different results. In this case the device buttons don't work at all - basically the same result I was getting in the past. Deleting the device and uploading back to the remote fixes everything again. With the SA DVR device I didn't have to remove the batteries to get RemoteMaster to recognize the remote.

So it sounds like something strange is going on with my device files... I'll upload the TV device .rmdu file shortly.

UPDATE #2:
Uploaded the Sharp Aquos device file - http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13575
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodenti wrote:

UPDATE #1:
Added my Sharp Aquos device with code 1093 and it caused the remote to go crazy... pressing the cable button causes it to blink several times and then the remote backlight turned on. I had to remove the batteries to get RemoteMaster to recognize the remote again. When I delete the TV device from the remote and upload it warns me about the signature not matching the remote... but the only difference is the device.

I tried this twice and the got the same result both times.

Tried again with my Scientific Atlanta DVR device update and got slightly different results. In this case the device buttons don't work at all - basically the same result I was getting in the past. Deleting the device and uploading back to the remote fixes everything again. With the SA DVR device I didn't have to remove the batteries to get RemoteMaster to recognize the remote.

So it sounds like something strange is going on with my device files... I'll upload the TV device .rmdu file shortly.

Whenever the remote does something illegal, the remote resets the upgrade area. That changes the signature and all the setupcodes back to the factory state and wipes out most of the extender.

Quote:

UPDATE #2:
Uploaded the Sharp Aquos device file - http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13575

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to add it to my remote, because I'm not sure I'll know how to recover.
I opened the Sharp .rmdu file in Wordpad because it has no carriage returns so it stinks in notepad.
Anyway, right up top it says Remote signature is 3A333A33, that's for 1056 B03, says RM.

Perhaps, load the the file into RM, (not RMIR), make sure to select correct remote 1056 black ... ext303 - should have X where A is. Save the file and try pushing it into RMIR once more.

Other than that I see nothing weird there. Denon combo 009C should work, uses 2 subdevices 1 and 17. Is 17 really correct?
rodenti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added my TV and DVR using the RAW copy and paste and they both worked fine, but as soon as I add my BluRay player the upload gives me four blinks and a download shows that it was reset back to 30333033 (ie. unextended). (As Vickig2003 said)

When I restore the extender with only the TV and DVR it gives me the wrong signature warning and I get back the extender.

Any idea why adding a device causes an error and a restore of the remote to its default signature?

UPDATE:
I added the WDTV Live device before the BluRay and the extender is still intact on the remote, but when I tried adding the BluRay first I got the errors above.
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where we are. Please answer this:
Have you converted all your device upgrade .rmdu files to use the correct remote, saved them, and loaded the new .rmdu files into RMIR?

I wouldn't bother with any RAW stuff at this point, unless you have an excellent reason to do so. Just do a normal add device procedure.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway, right up top it says Remote signature is 3A333A33, that's for 1056 B03, says RM.
The 1056B03 is a JP2 remote with signature 201009; the extender signature is 2010A9. Of course, the B03 doesn't work with the common extender since it uses a MAXQ microprocessor. 3A333A33 has to be for a 1056B01 or some of the 1055 Atlas remotes.
rodenti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Not sure where we are. Please answer this:
Have you converted all your device upgrade .rmdu files to use the correct remote, saved them, and loaded the new .rmdu files into RMIR?

I wouldn't bother with any RAW stuff at this point, unless you have an excellent reason to do so. Just do a normal add device procedure.

I took your advice and converted all the .rmdu files to use the 3.03 extender. When I added them to the 3.03 extender base they all seem to work.

I have more testing to do to make sure it is set up the way I like it, but at least I now have a working remote with 3.03 extender.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BTW I really like your suggestion to use the phantom buttons for common macro sequences.
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very good news. Thanks for reporting back Smile
Enjoy!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the main point here that he selected the right remote, or that he selected the extended version of the remote? Because it shouldn't make a difference, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: