JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

new Beta version for all JP1.3 extenders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnkrer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the "LED staying lit until next button is pressed" works. I like that.

I also use shift-shift-power. That also works fine. LED does not go away until power is pressed. So any number of shifts do not turn off LED. In fact LED never turns off until a button is pressed. For the amount of time I tested (few minutes). So if the LED can not be turned off on a timer, this may be an argument to show a blink (a long blink if possible) instead of keeping it lighted when shift is pressed.

All my special protocols also worked fine. Only pain is .. I could not use my existing rmir file that was built using extender 1.05 as the base file and install this V3.0 extender on top of it. I needed to start a new rmir file with this extender and build all my macros and special protocols again.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnkrer wrote:
Yes, the "LED staying lit until next button is pressed" works. I like that.

I also use shift-shift-power. That also works fine. LED does not go away until power is pressed. So any number of shifts do not turn off LED. In fact LED never turns off until a button is pressed. For the amount of time I tested (few minutes). So if the LED can not be turned off on a timer, this may be an argument to show a blink (a long blink if possible) instead of keeping it lighted when shift is pressed.

yea, I looked at it and doing a timer is pretty much impossible without a major re-architect and rewrite to include the main keypress handling loop, which won't fit into some of the supported remotes. let's see how others react to the led on. (a long blink will just delay your ability to press the next key BTW, the remote has to finish one thing before it starts on the next)

Quote:
All my special protocols also worked fine. Only pain is .. I could not use my existing rmir file that was built using extender 1.05 as the base file and install this V3.0 extender on top of it. I needed to start a new rmir file with this extender and build all my macros and special protocols again.

Yea, I figured that. There are a lot of moving parts in the extender install that I'm not sure gets copied over on an "upgrade" But glad to know it works.

PS. On the RCA remote if you want to patch it to change the "LED ON" to "LED blink" go into the raw data and change the byte at 0696 from AF to 6C, apply and upload to the remote. (note: this will ONLY work on the RCA and does not require a rebuild of the IR file))
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing I could do is have an option in the general tab for the remotes to allow you to change the behavior from "LED On", "LED Blink" or "nothing"
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the original LED behavior, so this option would be nice to have. Thanks.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't figure out how to do this with IR right now, asked a question to the software gurus. The code is in there to do it

For anyone who is using the RCA remote, the values you need to change are in this post:

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14923&highlight=
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making it an option will require an RMIR change

But what I can do is document the patch values for all of the remotes to do the three options. I may do this and leave the default LED behavior be "nothing" and document how to change the raw data to do the other two options.

(and then if the software changes, make it an option later)
Duane27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to chime in and say I really like how the button stays for shift and xshift. I was having difficulty implementing the shift key because I was facing a number of problems on differing fronts. The light made it clear that I was in a shifted state. It was such a relief to have that indicator. It was like having my remote learn a new word to speak to me. I may have to begin naming it if it gets much smarter. It's also a nice feature for nighttime users with remotes that have buttons close together like the RCA remote.

I just started modifying my remote about a month ago, got a usb cable, and now I'm hooked. Each mistake I make, and there have been tons, opens up a new door of opportunity. I like this extender so much that I bought an Atlas remote because this extender supports it. I already have 2 RCRP05Bs.

I'd also like to say thank you to unclemiltie for this extension. This stuff takes so much time to do that I can only presume many of you like to tinker as much as I do. I read up on the history of JP1 and it helped me see how much can be done by people who do things because they enjoy what they do and share because they are awesome people. Maybe one day the world will operate more like those who have been involved in this project.

As an FYI about what I'm doing... I create my own devices for each piece of software that I may need to run on my PC while I'm using a remote, incorporating MCE registry entries to help standardize it as best I can. Figuring out that I had to edit the RDMU file signature to be able to load them into the extended remote was a big help. I'm still learning the advantages and disadvantages of the differing aspects of all of the extender's features and how to use them. I keep hosing the remote and I'm not sure why, but I feel it has to do with the constant changes I keep making. If I find something that seems like a bug I'll post it here, but for now the bugs are in my learning curved head and not the code.

I also use autohotkey to accomplish more complex tasks, like keeping windows in focus should a pop-up get frisky, or restarting a hung up app, or to close one app and open another, or to display information about the key I pressed and what the system is planning to do next. I like things the way I like them and whole JP1 aspect makes that much more doable. THANK YOU!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think I'm going to do on the "release build" is put it back to the behavior of the previous extenders but release info in the readme on how to make the extender behave differently.

I've built the new versions and have all of the data, it's just a function of making sure that I got all of the entry points right.
Duane27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a solution that should make everyone happy. I'm looking forward to it.
Duane27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 3X793X79 (RCA RCRP05B black extender V3.00).rdf shows List=$28 and Phantom1=$28. Is that intentional? I'm also showing 2 phantom3's in the button list in RMIR.

Also, what does the * at the end of a button name such as List* mean in RMIR's Device Upgrade Editor under the Buttons tab? And what does buttonF1* and buttonF2* refer to?

I would just muddle through this on my own but at this point I'm lost with regard to these items. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be an error

There is a list with all of the keys in EXCEL for all of the remotes, I must have transposed one.

Gotta look at the F1 and F2, but I think IIRC those are relics from the tables that are in the remote with lists of keys for each device.

The * means that the key will be done as a keymove (since it is not in the table of keys that are valid for the selected device type)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug on my part on the List/Phantom.

List is indeed $28 so that means:

Phantom 1 should be $3F
Phantom 2 should be $68
Phantom 3 should be $69

you can change the RDF yourself, I'll release a new version later today some time

The changes are:

Code:

1: Change the Phantom 1 line to Phantom1=$3F,
2: delete the next line that defines Phantom 2 as $3F
3: change the line that defines the rest of the phantoms to :

Phantom2=$68:Shift+Xshift,Phantom3,Phantom4,Phantom5,Phantom6,Phantom7,Phantom8,Phantom9,Phantom10

unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and on ButtonF1 and ButtonF2

The list of keys that are valid for the Device type 0 (probably TV, maybe Cable, I don't remember) contains two keys with hex value $F1 and $F2. Since I don't give them any name in the RDF the tools make an assumption and give them those names.

The remotes on special combinations (unextended) can generate those keys to do special things. The extender ignores them and they are the XShift of the $01 and $02 keys.

There was a proposal a while back to have RMIR and RM ignore key values that it found in those lists that weren't defined as keys. But for now you should ignore those key values.

(the RCA remote is not the only one that has these, the Atlas, OCAP and I think the Comcast has them as well)
Duane27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the timely response. I didn't get back to tweaking the remote until now. I just made the changes you suggested. I also received the Atlas 1056B01 which I'll be working on next. Thank you again for all the help.
Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: @unclemiltie Reply with quote

Hate to admit it, but I'm stuck. Have used v1.02 extender for RS15-100 succcessfully for some time, and felt it was time to try v301.

However, i can't get the pause function to work (and I read the readme, and tried various ways to load keymoves, etc.), and the lcd display has an issue:

I can enter text to identify and display each device on the screen, and the text appears in the rmir. After uploading to the remote, several device names are replaced by the setup code (HEATER => 32020). Other device names appear correctly. If I use the built-in 'text edit' function to manually correct the name, the remote exhibits a lot of bad behaviour, mostly lockups. If I leave the numeric device names alone, things work normally. The three involved are for HEATER, PHILIPS, and HUMAX.

Regarding execution of pauses, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, except that the v102 method does not work. I would be grateful for a quick tutorial. The full rmir in the attached zip has pauses replaced by a delay loop kludge that links to non-existent macro phantom10. Works but it's not elegant. The minimal example has HEATER and a long delay for PANASONIC (DVD).

I am not complaining -- this extender has reduced my remote count to ONE each in two locations. It is truly a wonderous and useful tool.
Tom

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12143
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: