JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PRODUCER 8 URC-8800B00

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dctaz37

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: PRODUCER 8 URC-8800B00 Reply with quote

I have this remote and some of the buttons don't work. My remote has the work producer on it at the bottom with Red logo before and after the name. I looked for a used one and there are several with the same number but there is Blue around the name. Will the blue work with my RF sending unit?
Should I just buy something else? The RF range has never been good.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the blue symbol remotes are IR only. What you need to look for model # like 9800. Time upgrade, if you need cheap RF remotes go with RF10, RF20 or RF30 URC remotes. NOT jp1-ably.
dctaz37

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I almost bought the blue one. Now can you recommend a remote? Also, the manual for my remote says you can use rear window defogger repair kit on keys and it would be good as new, what are your thoughts? I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOMIZER-URC-300-UNIVERSAL-REMOTE-CONTROL-WITH-MRF-100-EXPANDER-/231389155994?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 , is this good?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the defogger kit, it never lasted more than a week for me. I used the urc-300 for over three years, I wouldn't recommend it because of the flaw the urc-100, 200, and 300 had with learning. Their replacements the ones I listed in my first post were a breathe of fresh air compared to them. It would take something like 30 tries to get a single command taught, reason is the RF antenna was in the way of IR pickup. In addition to ones I listed check for mx-350 as well.

You get the IR remote, and go with next generation remote extender, which turns most IR remotes into RF remotes:

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generation-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B000C1Z0HA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417727195&sr=8-1&keywords=next+generation+remote+extender
dctaz37

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with that unit is that it is only good for one room. I have the satellite hooked up to 3 rooms. I ended up ordering One for All 8 Device Learning Remote with IR RF link URC-9910 JP1 NIB. Hopefully it will do the job. I'm going to try the rear window stuff for the heck of it, $14 test. I also have RF remotes for our adjustable beds that don't work well.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the best value in RF JP1 remotes today is the Xsight Touch on ebay, under $40 plus $15 for the base (includes 6 10ft blasters). It's several orders of magnitude better than the 9910 and several years newer (18 devices, rechargeable, touchscreen, full color logos and icons, multiple favorites lists, Mb's of memory versus a few Kb's, motion sensing backlight, native RF control of some DirecTV boxes, unlimited macro steps, tactile and audible feedback, very easy codeless setup).
dctaz37

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I already committed to this remote as I was in a hurry. I check out the Xsight Touch, wish I knew about it sooner. All we use the remote for is switching the satellite channel.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case I would have recommended an RF satellite remote. They're very cheap and work without any bases at all and have better range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: