JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Directv HR22 Alternate Receiver/remote codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBM911

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Directv HR22 Alternate Receiver/remote codes Reply with quote

Added a 4th DVR. How can I modify any of the RM files for the HR20/22 for a receiver/remote code of 0004? I'm guessing it is a change to the Fixed Data cell on the setup tab but not sure what to enter for a code higher than 3.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already done (6 years ago):

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4687
SBM911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for quick reply. How do I use this RM file with a Radio Shack 15-2117 ? I tried the URC 9910 (old and new) and while at least this remote type took Protocol 0162 when uploaded the key functions were way off from what they should be (right isn't the right key but is the exit button etc.). Is there a better match on the drop down menu for my remote model?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought of trying "RS 15-2117"? How have you used RM with your remote until now?
SBM911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the code I typically use but I don't see it in the drop down menu on remote master when I load your file. I see Producer models and URC models which I believe are who made and are similar to the radio shack models but I don't see a choice for the RS models . Although when I used the one mentioned above which at least used the same Protocol, and made the key assignments (buttons to functions ) the keys / functions on the actual remote did the wrong things. Assuming the file was never built with an RS option , any idea if one if the other models is closer in key functionality than the one I chose?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Have you thought of trying "RS 15-2117"? How have you used RM with your remote until now?

sbm911 wrote:
That is the code I typically use but I don't see it in the drop down menu on remote master when I load your file

Are you new to RDMU files? If you are using RDMU files, without RMIR, then you may be asked to match the file to likely matches for the remote it was created for.

After you match the original remote, from the list, THEN you pic your RS 15-2117 remote.

For those of us that were around from the inception of IR/KM, this gets a little confusing. Way back when it was recommended that you only load the RDF's that applied to you. It wasn't until RM came on the scene that loading all the RDF's was necessary. The fact that RM, often can't recognize which remote to use when opening an RDMU file just adds to the confusion. Its counter intuitive, and takes a bit of getting used to.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't see how this is possible. In any case, just load the latest RDFs, Maps and Images and the 2117 will be there. You cannot use a different one except the 2116 which I assume you don't have either.
SBM911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was it, I didn't have all the files in the right directory.

I' m an old Keymaster guy so still a novice with RM.

Works great now,

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: