JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbs_

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I tested again build10 to build14 and build16 and the only working one for me is build10 actually. Build11-13 also do not work.

When using build10 I also do not have the error at the end of rmaster.err, it just ends cleanly:
Code:
File system.xcf has reported length 111, actual length 111
  Start = 91, end = ff
File devices.xcf has reported length 6152, actual length 6152
  Start = 100, end = 1907
File activities.xcf has reported length 4497, actual length 4497
  Start = 1908, end = 2a98
File profiles.xcf is absent
File favorites.xcf has reported length 498, actual length 498
  Start = 2a99, end = 2c8a
File macros.xcf has reported length 1296, actual length 1296
  Start = 2c8b, end = 319a
File snstest.xcf is absent
File usericons.pkg has reported length 13368, actual length 13368
  Start = 319b, end = 65d2
File SysIcons.pkg has reported length 72863, actual length 72863
  Start = 65d3, end = 18271
Number of bytes read  = $80000
Ending raw download
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we're getting somewhere! The rmaster.err file is the clue. You are right that the remote data is being downloaded but not displayed. The reason it is not displaying is indeed something I changed between builds 10 and 11, entirely unrelated to the download process. I haven't got to the bottom of what is going on, as I've no more time at the moment, but I should be able to fix it tomorrow. Watch for further news Smile .
vbs_

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hurry, big thanks in advance! Looking forward to test your fix.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is development build 17 of RMIR v2.04 which should fix the bug. On any upload or download of an XSight Touch/Color or similar remote, this build also tests whether Enhanced Power Management is disabled for that device. If it is not, it gives a message and the attempt terminates. The message draws attention to the link on the RMIR Help menu that takes you to this download of patches and info for disabling Enhanced Power Management. This is a new item on the Help menu, added in this build.
vbs_

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay it works! Raw download data appears as expected! Thanks a bunch!
bartman99

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Roku with icons Reply with quote

Hi. Newbie here. Just started with a Xsight touch 18 and using the most recent RMIR. I have downloaded and installed all of my devices included the Roku. I would like to use the Roku with the "stations" (Netflix, Amazon, etc) and their icons on the soft buttons, but cannot figure out how to do this. Is it possible?

BM99
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of defined function codes for Roku that tune directly to some of the channels. Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, Amazon, and some others are in there.

The Roku upgrades in the files area usually have these already included as functions but they're not tied to buttons. All you have to do is include one of those upgrades, and bind those functions to one of the soft buttons.

I have a tendency to use the colored buttons (green for Amazon, Blue for Pandora, Red for netflix) since I really only have 4, but you could certainly do more as soft buttons
bartman99

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
There are a number of defined function codes for Roku that tune directly to some of the channels. Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, Amazon, and some others are in there.

The Roku upgrades in the files area usually have these already included as functions but they're not tied to buttons. All you have to do is include one of those upgrades, and bind those functions to one of the soft buttons.

I have a tendency to use the colored buttons (green for Amazon, Blue for Pandora, Red for netflix) since I really only have 4, but you could certainly do more as soft buttons

How do I get the icons for Netflix, etc to show up on the soft buttons? I can't figure out how to import icons via RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartman99 wrote:
I can't figure out how to import icons via RMIR.

There is a check-box column that shows whether or not there is an icon associated with a function (or other feature). Double-click the check box to open the icon editor, which allows you to import new icons.
bartman99

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
bartman99 wrote:
I can't figure out how to import icons via RMIR.

There is a check-box column that shows whether or not there is an icon associated with a function (or other feature). Double-click the check box to open the icon editor, which allows you to import new icons.

Got it! Great! Worked

Now another newbie question. I would like to put in discrete on and off codes for my Sharp TV. I have uploaded the RMDU files for Sharp TV's and they are not in there, but I have found them on remotecentral.com in Pronto format. How do I import the Pronto format into RMIR to be used on the Xsight?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post the codes or a link to them here, and we will tell you what to add to your RDMU file.

Alternatively, go to the Learned tab, click New, pick Pronto format, paste the code. That will tell you the OBC to add to your Sharp device file for each new command. Then delete the new commands from the Learned tab (we were only using it to discover the OBCs).

EDIT: I looked at a few other Sharp upgrades, and it may not be quite as simple as above due to the use of combo protocols. The upgrade below may give you all the discretes you need:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13659
vbs_

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, I have again the problem that when loading a saved config from file and uploading it to the remote then RF keys do not work anymore.

I am using r17 right now. Back then I used a patched protocols.ini from there which fixed the issue:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=128159#128159

Is it possible that this patched protocols.ini did not find its way into the regular RMIR? Would be great if it could be included. Thanks!
jriker1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Acoustic Research remote programming Reply with quote

I currently have an Acoustic Research 18 remote that I took out of a box only to find xsight is dead and can't update it. Thought was remotemaster would work but finding it challenging to get started. For example, the DVR devices on the remote doesn't list Magnavox. I have a Magnavox MDR865H remote. Any idea how I would add this device to the remote or update it so the Magnavox is a selectable device on the remote?

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orignal remote model doesn't mean much to us. Device model does. In any case, any Magnavox from our database roughly the same vintage as yours will work fine. So go through the wiki and give RM another try, or tell us where you're getting hung up.
DrScottie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! With the EZ-RC website down permanently, I've switched over to Remote Master and had considerable success with my ARRX18G Xsight remote.

I do have one issue that's come up. I have both a Cable Box and Windows Media Center devices installed and working perfectly fine. What I wanted to do was to take my favorite channels that I selected for the Cable Box and create another profile that incorporates them using the Media Center device too. I've made two profiles, but the problem is the channel change device uses the same remote codes for both of them regardless of the values set in the Device/Power Macro settings. So, my WMC profile still uses the Cable Box codes to change the channel when I press the button, but it correctly retains the other settings like Power, Channel +/-, etc. It won't keep the settings for different channel change devices for the two profiles. Is there a way around this? Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 41 of 45

Jump to: