JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
I think I was concerned about codes/functions the original remote do not offer. Especially those discrete codes that let you turn off your TV for example (instead of toggling on/off). Often the original remotes do not offer them. I sometimes had luck finding them in the device config on EZ-RC. But yes, you are right, there will be a way to still get them.

I think I am a rarity in the JP1 world in that I don't use discrete on/off codes in my setups, but there is a Discrete Codes section in these forums that has pointers to sites for many discrete codes. I think that posting a question in the forums will also get you the discrete codes for most equipment that supports such codes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
I think I was concerned about codes/functions the original remote do not offer. Especially those discrete codes that let you turn off your TV for example (instead of toggling on/off). Often the original remotes do not offer them. I sometimes had luck finding them in the device config on EZ-RC. But yes, you are right, there will be a way to still get them.
Most advanced users around here don't post upgrades that only include original remote commands. We do our best to track down all discretes from other sources and include them. My AVR, for example, has 40 commands on the original remote, yet my posted upgrades have every possible command, about 300 in all. This is the case with most of the upgrades I post. Other users do the same when possible.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

I think I am a rarity in the JP1 world in that I don't use discrete on/off codes in my setups, ...

Just a quick comment: No, that is not a rarity at all. Toggle commands (opposite of "discrete") are very practical on a human-operated remote; reducing the number of needed buttons. A human immediate recognizes if the device is in the desired state, and presses the button only if it is not in that state. Just as much as they are a PITA for automation systems...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but if you have macros in that human-operated remote, discrete codes become essential. Graham, I am curious why you haven't used discrete codes, do you just not use macros much?
vbs_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I am afraid I need your help again:

On the Xsight I a created a RF-device (to control wall sockets). I used "Home Automation" -> "One For All" -> "Q2200".
I think it should be possible to control 16 different wall sockets with one Xsight-Device. But the problem is that I can only configure 9 buttons in RemoteMaster.

First I configured all 16 buttons in EZ-RC (to rip the codes in RemoteMaster):

Then I loaded that config into RemoteMaster. But there only 9 buttons show up in the function list:

But in the Buttons-tab I can see all 16 buttons:

I have uploaded a raw download of the remote here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14470

Is there any way I can use buttons 10 to 16 in RemoteMaster please? Thanks again!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that they needed to add multiple setup codes to cover all the Nodes. I tried looking at your RMIR file but it wasn't a valid file.
vbs_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one strange fact:
In the same session I also added another device but using "Q2201" (I wanted to rip them all).
Strangely for this device all the buttons work fine in RM:

So, its only a problem for the first device.

Sorry, I re-downloaded from the remote. Please try this:

Raw download:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14472

Config:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14473

Is it ok to keep them as Dropbox links or would you prefer them uploaded to your file section for preservation?

Thanks!

EDIT:
Reuploaded to File Section.

Last edited by vbs_ on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you promise to keep the files on Dropbox for ever, it's all good. We ask people to use our file section because we know the files aren't going anywhere. When people use Dropbox, Google docs, etc, the files tend to disappear after a little while.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I suspected, they added 2 device upgrades, OEM/2200 and OEM/2201, the NODE buttons are in the 2nd upgrade.
vbs_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh, forever is quite some time so decided to reupload to the files section Cool

I tested more and this problem only appears when adding multiple Q22xx devices in one session:
1. Add multiple Q22xx devices on the remote itself
2. Use EZRC to assign buttons Node10 - 16 to all new devices
3. Load the config in RM -> only for the last added device the buttons Node10 - 16 are available. For the previously added devices there is only button 1-9

So it took me some time but I could rip all 12 Q22xx devices with all 16 buttons by doing it one by one: adding one on the remote, configuring the buttons in EZRC, then downloading the config in RM. Then adding another one and so on...

I will upload the configs in case anyone else is interested...

It's still a strange effect that is happening when adding multiple devices at once Question
vbs_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
As I suspected, they added 2 device upgrades, OEM/2200 and OEM/2201, the NODE buttons are in the 2nd upgrade.

Yes I added those two devices in one session. And I added all the node buttons to both devices in EZRC. But then in RM only for the latter device the node buttons appear in the function tab. Although in the buttons tab the Node-button assignments are visible.
fatboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: How to clear memory in xsight 15? Reply with quote

How do you clear the memory in xsight 15? I Deleted all the device and did a factory reset.But there is still alot of memory used.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
As long as you promise to keep the files on Dropbox for ever, it's all good. We ask people to use our file section because we know the files aren't going anywhere. When people use Dropbox, Google docs, etc, the files tend to disappear after a little while.

Hey VBS, all of your images appear to have disappeared.
fatboy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Button:home,Button:Favorite etc? Reply with quote

How do i use these? Can i assign Activities to my green button
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are "these"?

No, you can only assign activities to the onscreen buttons. But you can assign a macro to any button. A macro is like an activity without the key group assignments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 38 of 45

Jump to: