JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2116 EXT2 LKP on device key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark02k

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: 2116 EXT2 LKP on device key Reply with quote

I would like to have my devices key perform 1 of several functions. For a non-shift short key press I would like simple device selection. For non-shift long key press I would like it to turn on all needed devices to view source. I May also want shifted device key to turn on the receiver as well. The problem I have is that under IR if I set up a Macro (non-device specific) I can’t setup long key press. If I use Key moves to set up the long key press it is device specific, which I don’t want.
There is probably an easy answer but I have not found it.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark
DGG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you suspect, it is simple.

Set up the LPK in a keymove, with the bound device being, say, TV, and then call the keymove with a two-step macro, e.g., DEV_TV, keymove button.

Don
mark02k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that sounded easy but I am still having a problem. I have posted my file at
device_key_macro.txt

Key moves are
CBL Shift-0
Dev_SAT Phantom1 Dev_TV Set_VOL_KEY = $6b $2d $68 $7a

CBL Shift-1
DEV_SAT Menu DEV_TV Shift_CH+ Shift_DOWN DEV_SAT Phantom1 DEV_TV SET_VOL_KEYS = $6b $14 $68 $86 $b2 $6b $2d $68 $7a
(TV Shift_ch+ is descrete on and Shift_down is Video 2)

CBL Shift-3
SKP Shift-0 LKP shift-1 = $41 $9f $95

To test this I put a macro on the CD key which is
Dev_cbl;Shift-3

Let me know if you see anything wrong.

Thanks,
Mark
DGG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing jumps out at me in the keymoves and macros you highlighted.

I note however, that you have assigned the TV discrete On and Off functions to both Discrete ON/OFF and Shift-Ch +/-. That probably isn't contributing to your problem, but it is unusual.

What is it you expect to and what is happening (or not?).

Don

(edit) On closer inspection, I note that, for the three keymoves on CBL Shift 0, 1 and 2, you have used device MISC 1106, i.e., D/LPK. These should be DSM's, i.e., MISC 1103.

Don
mark02k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will give that a try tonight. I knew it had to be something simple.

The reason the TV has discrete on/off on the CH+/- was because I has having some problems with other macros and wanted to be able to test the on/off function, I guess I never removed them.

Thanks,
Mark
DGG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, since the last four steps of both the CBL Shift-0 and Shift 1 macros are identical, you could simplify things by including those four steps in the calling macro and incorporating the balance of CBL Shift 1 in the D/LPK keymove as follows (based on your IR dump, not your post 3 above):

Macro CD = DEV_CBL; SHIFT-3; DEV_SAT; MENU; DEV_TV; SHIFT-CH+

CBL SHIFT-3 = $40; $6B; $14; $68; $86; $B2

and dispense with CBL-SHIFT 0 and 1 entirely. (Following execution of the D/LPK on CBL Shift-3, control will return to the CD macro.) As well, for purposes of clarity during testing, the last five bytes of the modified CBL-SHIFT-3 keymove could also be placed in a macro, say xSHIFT-CD, and your D/LPK keymove would simply become $40; $CA - which is a little less efficient, but clearer.

Similarly, the code in CBL Shift-2 does not seem device-specific. Unless you plan to include D/LPK logic later, the whole contents of CBL Shift-3 could become a macro replacing your SHIFT-CD macro.

Until you get things working the way you want them, its probably a good idea to put as much into macros as possible, thus minimizing the need to convert to/from hex.

Good Luck,
Don
mark02k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the input DGG, looks like I have a lot to learn.

I have some more questions about hwo this whole thing works now.

Is the LKP a "parameter" that is passed to all the keys in a macro? Basicly if you had a macro that called multiple keys with LKP key moves on them would it execute the LKP portion of each key? I can't think of any reason for this right now but I am just trying to understand.

Also is there a limit to the depth of a macro? I know you can only have so many keys in a single macro but if that macro calls other macros is there a limit?

Thanks,
Mark
DGG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, the answer to your macro question is contained in the ReadMe for the extender.

Regarding your other queries, as a way of contributing to the group, I am working with one of the experts to prepare a "what" and "why" manual for JP-1 to complement the "how to" manual entitled "JP-1 for Beginners" available on the Yahoo! Groups Help section. A preliminary draft of the manual is posted in the Yahoo Diagnosis area under the heading "The WHAT and WHY of JP-1". I haven't yet received his comments, and it does contain some errors. But, since I wrote it to answer the type of questions you're asking, perhaps you'll find it helpful anyway. If you do take the time to read it, I'd appreciate any comments you may have about its usefulness - bearing in mind it is a first draft.

Don
mark02k

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGG,
your link does not seem to be working.
DGG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was yesterday, so I don't know why not today.

Files in the Diagnostic Area are listed alphabetically, so I suggest you go to Yahoo and get it directly.

Incidentally, I'm just in the process of making a major update illustrating the various keymove formats - which may help you better understand ToadTogs. I'll update the file in the Diagnostic Area when I'm done. So, if you check back in an hour or so, you'll be able to get the improved version.

Don
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not smart enough to answer all of your LKP questions, but I do know that the link DDG left was not created in accordance with the guidelines provided for links to YahooGroups files, hence it only worked for a few hours, until Yahoo changed the address again. I also believe that the file needs to be renamed such that it has no spaces so that the link function in this forum will work. However, just cut and paste the following into your browser address bar to access the file in question:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/The WHAT and WHY of JP-1.pdf

(As you can see, the "link" ends at the first "space" in the name of the file)
DGG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Capn Trips. You're right! I didn't follow the rules (even though I intended to).

Regarding the manual, please see my post of a few moments ago in the General section.
Don
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have spaces in the name of the file, but when you create the URL you must replace each space with %20, like this:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/The%20WHAT%20and%20WHY%20of%20JP-1.pdf
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: