JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete on/off in macros

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landolfi

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Discrete on/off in macros Reply with quote

I searched the forum and can't find the answer to this but it seems unlikely it hasn't been asked before. But here goes: My receiver (Yamaha RXV630) has discrete on/off codes. All other components use a power toggle. So my question, not related to receiver type really, is in a case where there are discrete on/off codes, do I need a macro to turn on and separate one to turn off? Right now I have a kludgy workaround where I turn everything else on and off with a power toggle, then send power to the receiver, and then a bunch of pauses followed by a discrete off for the receiver. That way if I really want to turn everything off I keep aiming at the receiver, otherwise if I'm turning on I just point the remote away from the receiver. Not foolproof. Anyway, the objective is to create one macro within activities that works for all devices on or all off. This is for the URC7960.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to use an "activity" model. Every activity macro, like watch tv or watch movie will send discrete on's to all devices involved. So no matter how many times the macro is run, the devices will only turn on, never off. Then I have one master power off macro that only has discrete off's. No toggles, no aiming tricks. Discretes make this foolproof.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: