JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Need to Modify My Remote AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Do a 983 signature blink back. If the sig is 3039, it should work with IR.exe. If instead it is 2556, you'll have to use RMIR. However, don't try to upload an IR file intended for a 3039 remote into a 2556. The inner workings are quite different.

If I understand your instructions, the code I got was 2222. The double flashes on all numbers were very fast. They were so quick I'm not sure I could have counted them if there were more than two or three.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure there are no Comcast remotes with a 2222 signature. Why not verify the 983 procedure with the remote that IR recognizes? We know that the signature is 3039.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was confusing, but it seemed like I had to redo the Setup 983 before each of the numbers though the instructions don't say you have to do that. If I failed to do that the #2 yielded no flashes. After redoing the Setup 983 it gave one flash.

The numbers were 3111. The three count was slow and rhythmic not super fast like the other remote.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't redo the 983. We expect button #2 to give no flashes, because the second digit of 3039 is, well, zero.

Can you look in the battery compartment of the remote that doesn't download? It may have a number ending in BC4, which would mean that it only will work with RMIR.

Or you could just install RMIR 2.02a, and see if the remote is recognized.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the number on the remote that works right is 3039.

The numbers on the white label are

1167ABC1-0001-R
C124604. (the dot is larger than a normal period)

It's almost hidden but there's a JP2 in the compartment with the connector.

I've never used RMIR and would rather not have to learn yet another utility unless you're sure it's necessary.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blink back number for the remote that doesn't work now gives 2556. I have no idea why it generated 2222 the first time.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR.exe doesn't support JP1.4 or JP2 or JP3 remotes. The only way to interact with the 2556 remote is to use RMIR. You'll also need the RDF, map, and image files.

Please start by only downloading from the remote. We'll work on a RMIR file for you.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the download from the remote that will not work with IR http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11913

Your links were very helpful -- they made the process almost painless. Thanks

One comment. The map & image files have to be put in the directory with the RDF files. If the instructions explained that I missed it and if this phrase meant that I didn't understand that either "Unzip it to the folder of your choice, creating a maps sub-folder containing all the maps and images." I didn't understand a "sub-folder" -- sub to what primary folder?

Oh yes, and the picture of the remote in RMIR looks nothing like my remote

Last edited by i_am_jim on Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's the code for the 3039 remote that's working http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11914
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, you can put any of the RDF, Maps and Images in any folder (or sub-folder) you like. Just point RMIR to the correct folders when prompted. I keep my RDFs in a different folder than the maps and images because I find it easier to maintain. IR uses the same RDFs as RM, so the only thing new in this case is the maps and images.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Jim, you can put any of the RDF, Maps and Images in any folder (or sub-folder) you like. Just point RMIR to the correct folders when prompted.

Perhaps so, but after I had pointed it to the RDF folder, it then asked for the Maps folder, but when I pointed it to the the Maps and Images folder it said the folder did not contain RDFs and gave up. So I dumped the Maps & Images into the RDF folder. Then the program started and worked without complaint.

These comments on issues I ran into getting RMIR going are not complaints, they are given for information in case I've stumbled across something that needs to be improved for others -- I have it installed and working now.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I've never had to merge all the files as you did, so that part didn't make sense. Could you have pointed one of them to the wrong folder by mistake? That's the most logical explanation.

In any case, I'm glad you got it working.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i_am_jim wrote:

Oh yes, and the picture of the remote in RMIR looks nothing like my remote
I don't understand this. The RDF file for the 1067BC4 (2556) specifies the same picture that is used for the 1067BX3 (3039). The two remotes have the same appearance, so it isn't clear why the picture doesn't match. And, as mdavej says, the image and map files can be in a different directory than the RDF files-- I set my computer up that way.

Would you mind downloading from your 3039 remote using RMIR instead of IR? That may help with the conversion.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was so long responding but I had always gotten an email notice of posts added to this Topic and I didn't get one for your latest post.

A dump of the 3039 remote using RMIR is located here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11915 [there's a typo in the title it's supposed to be 3039, not 3939]

When making the download it asks me to choose a remote and presents two options, I choose the Comcast option.

I no longer get images of the remotes or I've forgotten where to look.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, this is what my remote looks like:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6246962/new-remote-P1160045.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: