JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05BR will I need 3 Macros to jump between 2 Macros?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Polk DSWMicroPro1000 uses a Nec1 16.219 upgrade. This is good news for you. This means the signals will work as learns. No Pesky toggle bit to fool around with.

Polk Audio DSW Micro Pro 1000 Subwoofer

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebrain wrote:
1.I'm thinking all shifted keys are below the exit and guide buttons?
All keys are shiftable. Just press Setup then the key, that makes it shifted.

Quote:
when you say "Doesn't matter about mode"

is a mode press the shift? so for each mode one button can have multiple functions? example mode audio I program key #3 for power on Sony BD and key #2 for power off, I'm thinking main power will just turn off the AVR.

Then I can change modes and reassign another function to both keys #2 & #3?
so each shifted key actualley has five functions?
I'm using your definition of mode which is press TV for TV mode, DVD for DVD mode, etc. It has nothing to do with shift. Without using a JP1 cable, every key can have 2 functions per mode: primary and shifted.

You said you couldn't learn the polk remote because you've run out of modes. I said mode doesn't matter, just learn the functions to unused buttons in an existing mode, TV for example.

Quote:
2.I'm still confussed about the instruction stating a lighted button cannot be assigned a macro so how is this acomplished? I'm thinking assign the macro to a lower key then do a key move to the lighted key?
It isn't accomplished. That's why I said it cannot be used. It's impossible to put anything on a lighted key without using a JP1 cable.

Quote:
3.in audio mode I was planning on using the +/- toggle (guide) for the subs. volume and #6/#5 for on and off.
OK

Quote:
4.what would suggest I use the on demand key and Fav for I was thinking of a toggle between TV and PC however w/ correctly working macros I could save these keys for something else that's used often. I don't really have favorite stations I'm assumming this is what was intended from RCA not sure what the on demand was intended for remember I'm not using cable.
Assign any function you want. I personally put the Green Button (WMC Start) on the On Demand button. I don't use Fav at all.

Quote:
5.I currently have the yellow,blue & red buttons in mode audio assigned to HDMI 1-3
thinking of changing HDMIs (in audio mode) to #s 1,2,3. I'm trying to keep all what's switched w/ the AVR in audio mode so I can keep track of buttons functions.

Then somehow use the red key for netflix,blue for Hulu, yellow for ESPN the shift modes and reuse for net favorites. I'm thinking this is possiable w/ JP1 keystrokes (made possiable w/ JP1 programming?
Thanks TB
Correct. You can do all of that without a JP1 cable.
thebrain

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: advice on 2 macros Reply with quote

Here’s my watch TV macro
1.press mode AVR
2.power on AVR w/ live button
?.should step 2 be a discrete power on? I'm thinking yes if I've allready been listening to radio or no if the radio has'nt been on.

3.set to AV1 button #4 (which I have a button programed on the RCA for)which is actualley HDMI2
4.mode TV
5.power on TV
?.I'm thinking step 5 should be main power on because I usalley allways start w/ watch TV.
Vicky was very kind to provide these codes I believe the second set are discrete codes.
Samsung
On Necx2 7.7 153. on
Off Necx2 7.7 152 off
these are the discrete codes I will use in my procedure.
On 00001
Off 00253
Samsung TV
TV 0812 the blink test confirms this code allready programmed
On 00001
Off 00253
all unused devices discrete off
6.PC discrete off. What is discrete power for PC?
7.BD discrete off. Sony Blu Ray BPX37 BD
Video /1516
on 00113
off 00109
8.Mag. discrete off. I believe this device will have to be turned off (if not allready off) manuelly.

Here’s my watch PC macro
1.press mode AVR
2.AVR discrete on (since it's allready on)
3.set AVR to HDMI 3 red button (which I have a button programed on the RCA for PC)
3.mode PC
4.power on PC W/ main power ? What is discrete power for PC?Media Center
Video 1972
suspend 00050 ??
On 00075 ??
off 00099On ??
all unused devices discrete off
5.BD discrete off , off 00109
6.Mag. discrete off N/A

procedure for entering discrete codes to RCA

1. press AUD. in devices on the top.

2.press & hold setup untill I observe 2 blinks from AUD.

3.press 994

4.press setup

5.press discrete code

6.press setup then assign a button on the RCA for this function.

1.The macro 1 &2 buttons can have 5 macros assigned to each, so when I delete one marco are there still previous macros still assigned?
Or when I plan on deleteing a macro from the macro button should I do the procedure 5 times?

Thanks TB
thebrain

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vicky are you there, I'm still waiting on you'r expert advice so I can start w/ two main macros.
TB
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure I'm here. I read your post and didn't have any suggestions as to whether you should turn on/off components.

I did make a suggestion the other day, where I gave you a bunch of Discrete codes for your Samsung TV's controls, to see if we could avoid running through the menus to change your PIP settings. The codes below, are PIP functions that work with some Samsung TVs. Using these could simplify your PIP macros.
vicky wrote:

These EFC's just might do some PIP functions
00216 might change the source on the PIP
00217 might swap the big and small picture
00151 might ch+
00155 MIGHT BE CH-

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: