JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-62440 Bell Fibe ipTV Remote
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: URC-62440 Bell Fibe ipTV Remote Reply with quote

And RDF files or Maps for this remote. Is it JP1.3 or ? Any info at all?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have a 6 pin or 5 hole connector? Anything written by the connectors?
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a 6-pin connector so I am assuming it is 1.3 as it is a new technology. There is nothing written next to the connector and taking it apart looks problematic! How are RDF and MAP files created for myself and others assuming I can use RM on the remote. My new USB cable should arrive shortly as my old serial cable doesn't seem to like my new Win 7 64-bit system.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by doing a Raw Download from the remote, save the file, and post it in the Diagnosis Area of the File Section. From that we can probably decide if it is a JP1.3 or one of the newer JP1.4/2 remotes, and then go forward.
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: RUC-62440 Reply with quote

Here is a link to the raw download from the remote in the data section:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11854

It says that the signature starts with 3364. Any help would be appreciated on how to go from here.

I would like to know how an RDF is created. Specifically how to get the signature correct as the remote is similar to another remote in number and placement of buttons. What is the process to create an RDF?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a JP1.4 remote. Now we need to discover the button numbers. One way to do this is to assign macros to buttons, keeping track of the buttons used in each macro. Do this for all the buttons (you'll probably need several macros) and then do another Raw download. The button numbers will be seen in the IR file, and we can correspond those to the buttons you used in each macro. We also need a fairly high resolution color picture of the remote-- say 800 by 300 pixels.
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Format of raw download Reply with quote

Thanks for the info 3FG. I am a software developer and would be interested in trying to pry out a little more information from the raw download programmatically. Is there a format definition of the raw download? What exactly is being downloaded? I will develop some macros as you suggest, but what then do I look for in the raw download? I don't want you guys having all of the fun! Smile
ckeays

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: URC-62440BA0 Reply with quote

I just tried to read a URC-62440BA0, getting the message "No RDF matches signature starting 3364".

This remote has a 6 pin connector under the battery cover.

I can do a raw dump.
Has anyone been successful in programming this remote?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: URC-62440BA0 Reply with quote

I am no expert but yes do a raw download and upload it to the Diagnosis Area
and post a link to it in this thread. That way the experts can find it to look at it
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if any progress was made for this remote. I have one of these I am playing around with.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks here is the raw download:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25688
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like ve3Inc dropped the ball on this, so no progress. If you would like to pick up where he left off, read 3FG's post above and follow his instructions.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
This is a JP1.4 remote. Now we need to discover the button numbers. One way to do this is to assign macros to buttons, keeping track of the buttons used in each macro. Do this for all the buttons (you'll probably need several macros) and then do another Raw download. The button numbers will be seen in the IR file, and we can correspond those to the buttons you used in each macro. We also need a fairly high resolution color picture of the remote-- say 800 by 300 pixels.

I have done some of the keys. I just want to be sure I am doing this right. I will do the rest as soon as anyone confirms that I am not doing it wrong.

the files are here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25689

i dumped the original image (called orig.ir)
then programmed a macro
i.e. the "1" key also does vol -
checked that the macro is working on my tv

dumped the image
removed the macro

programmed another macro
dumped the image
removed the macro

etc.etc.etc....
I hope I am doing it right (I have zero instructions for this remote)
all i am going by is whether the macro works with the new key.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started an RDF for you, but it's a long way short of being complete.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25690

The way you use macros to capture the button codes is like this. Program a series of 15 buttons to another button, and make a note of what the 15 buttons are, and which button the macro was programmed to. Then program another 15 button macro, and keep going until you have all the buttons either in a macro or holding a macro. Then save the raw download file and list here what all the buttons are, then I will fix the RDF.

What are the device buttons on this remote called, and what setup codes do you have programmed to them?

Also, I have never seen this remote so I'd like to see a photo of it. If you can find a good pic online, please post a link to it, or otherwise, try and take a picture of it.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The way you use macros to capture the button codes is like this. Program a series of 15 buttons to another button, and make a note of what the 15 buttons are, and which button the macro was programmed to. Then program another 15 button macro, and keep going until you have all the buttons either in a macro or holding a macro. Then save the raw download file and list here what all the buttons are, then I will fix the RDF.

I read somewhere that a maximum of 5 buttons can be in a macro. If this is the case with this remote, I will just do 5 macros per button.
So i don't have to save the file after every single macro? That would be a lot easier!
The Robman wrote:

What are the device buttons on this remote called, and what setup codes do you have programmed to them?

All I know is the TV code is 2746 (RCA TV) I could start over and program specific codes in each one if it would be easier, just let me know. You can see the codes in the manual I uploaded with the pics (below).
The Robman wrote:

Also, I have never seen this remote so I'd like to see a photo of it. If you can find a good pic online, please post a link to it, or otherwise, try and take a picture of it.
Thanks Rob as always.
I posted some images and the manual has detailed info regarding each key.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25691

I really wish I could offer some more help. I am pretty good at writing code in assembly. I would like to know if there are some step by step instructions on how to build an rdf file. I know I could catch on very easily. As always any info would be greatly appreciated! I really enjoy using the remotemaster software. Without it the remote is basically useless. (rarely finding a code that works, especially for some of the devices I own!)

The remote with the yellow OK button is the one I have. It's for a motorola device. The Bell Fibe remotes (I think) are the exact same remote, same part number anyways. They are being sold here in Canada usually on ebay.

I will work on it first thing in the morning and upload it.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: