JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem getting JP1 to read the remote.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marnicknz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Problem getting JP1 to read the remote. Reply with quote

Hi. I am a newby here so sorry in advance if I have overlooked something. I have a OFA URC-7960 remote. I purchased a 1.x USB cable and have installed IR on my Win 7 64 bit PC.
When I first plugged in the USB plug it said it was loading drivers and did not give any errors, so I assume that is all OK. There are no issues in the Device Manager screen on the PC.
So when I click on 'Download from Remote' and then confirm the message, it pauses for around 10 secs and then displays 'Failed to open JP1.x interface'. At the same time the blue leds on the remote flash twice, the same signal as if the magic button is pressed. The LEDs also flash if i disconnect/reconnect the USB connector from the PC. The supplied cable can connect to the remote either way around which is a bit scary. When it is the other way around I do not get the leds flashing so I assume this is the correct way. Also, while the cable is connected the buttons on the remote do not respond.

Can anyone shed some light for a newby please??

Thanks from down under!
Mark.
Killer2600

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert but from what I've gathered the URC-7960 is a unique remote and a recent addition to the remotes we play with here.

From what I've read thus far, you should try the newest release of RMIR instead of IR with this remote. And while the cable can go in two ways, only one is the proper way and the way that has flashes is probably the correct way. In any case, the pin 1 of both connectors should line up.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14195&sid=b5382f61ae04f69812867d1ae4966a62 is a similar situation to yours. If you search the forum you'll find many threads regarding customizing your remote with the tools we have available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: