JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DSM Power key Problem Atlas 1056 B03 Extender v1.00

View previous topic :: View next topic  
huestifer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: DSM Power key Problem Atlas 1056 B03 Extender v1.00 Reply with quote

Hi, Everyone
Any help would be much appreciated

I'm having trouble setting up a Macro on the Power button of my remote. I Just want one macro that can work across all the devices. so that if I press power when on DVD it runs the same macro that it would run if I was on CBL or AUD.

right now I can't get ether the DSM or regular macro to work for the DVD Power button. Other buttons seem to work just fine but Power wont. I have tried removing all the key-moves for the power button and that doesn't make a difference.

I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works.

Thanks for everyone's hard work making this stuff Possible I really Love the JP1 remotes and setting them up.

I am using RemoteMaster v2.02 Beta 1.5u
with this extender Atlas 1056 B03 Extender v1.00

here is my rmir File
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11653
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1056B03 is designed so that the Master Power button may have a DIM (995) macro assigned to it, but the macro is ignored if Power is pressed in modes other than cable.

I've uploaded a beta of v1.01 of the extender, which will allow the macro (either device independent or device specific) to be run in any device mode. If the extender is running, the original behavior of the remote may be obtained by assigning a DSM to the Power button in Cable mode.

On my computer RemoteMaster version 2.02a (the current release version) does not load the RMIR file for either the 1.00 or 1.01Beta extender, throwing an exception related to protocols. (I mostly use the unreleased 2.03Alpha, and both load fine in it.) Since you've been able to load the 1.00 extender using v2.02 Beta 1.5u, I expect that 1.01 will also load for you.
huestifer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks this is great! Reply with quote

I tested the new version of the extender that you made and it looks like it works well. Thank you for your help with that!!

But now I'm noticing a different problem that I'm having a hard time figuring out.

I have a Samsung TV and I'm trying to use discrete power and input commands. These commands use the NECx2 protocol. I have been making a device upgrade and then using key-moves to associate those commands to particular buttons.

The only problem is that when I test my key-moves the remote doesn't send the command. It almost is acting like no function is associated with that button. the other odd thing I noticed was that if I press the key-moved button and then press the corresponding device button it will some times send the command as if the key-move was assigned to the device button.

Trouble shooting steps I tried:

Instead of using key-moves I associated my device upgrade to the VCR button and it displayed the same behavior.

I also tried using NEC2 instead of NECx2 and this slightly improved the issue but I still couldn't get all my discrete commands to work properly. only the power ON command seemed to work.

Its very strange behavior that I haven't experienced before. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is my RMIR file and the device upgrade that I was using and excel sheet with the commands listed with protocol info.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11733
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this must be a record: a RMIR file with 59KBytes! Just as a general comment, having lots of unused upgrades in the RMIR file makes it difficult to read.

Anyway, I loaded up your RMIR image, which has discrete ON and OFF assigned to the 0 and 1 buttons on Cable. It doesn't send those commands, but the Cable LEDs don't flash when buttons 0 and 1 are pressed. That's a pretty strong clue that we shouldn't expect it to work. The problem is using a setup code of 4321. Evidently the 1056B03 is limited to a maximum setup code of 4095. (Most remotes are limited to 2047.) I changed the setup code to 3321 and modified the keymoves so that they use 3321, and the correct commands were sent.

Also, the OBCs you have for HDMI, Videox, etc. are different from normal. Besides our upgrades, this thread at RemoteCentral has an extensive list of OBCs for Samsung TVs. For example, your spreadsheet lists OBC = 139 as HDMI1. HDMI1 is actually 233; 139 is HDMI toggle. BTW, the discrete function HDMI1 will likely set your TV to the first connected HDMI port, rather than the one labeled HDMI1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: