JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange Behaviour on Extended 8911

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DGG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Strange Behaviour on Extended 8911 Reply with quote

This little problem has been hanging around for a couple of weeks, but I've been unable to isolate it. I have developed a workaround, but the problem seems to have something to do with the extender (or the remote itself?). So I thought I should make you aware of it.

Basically, what I've done is put the following macro on the HT key:

DEV_CBL; HOME_THEATER

and a keymove on CBL - HOME_THEATER containing a ToadTog, both branches of which require the temporary device to be CBL. Since CBL is already the active device when the ToadTog is executed, albeit perhaps temporarily, there should be no need to put another DEV_CBL at the beginning of either branch of the ToadTog.

When the HT key is pressed and the Toadtog bit is set, the expected seems to happen. But, if the bit is not set when the HT key is pressed while the active device is CBL, the LED flashes and the IR icon on the LCD is illuminated few times - but it is something other than the macro on the "not-set" side of the ToadTog that is being executed. However, a second press of the HT results in the "not-set" macro being executed.

I've been unable to discover what is being executed on the first press. But, whatever it is, I suspect it changes the active device to something other than CBL, because, if the active device is other than CBL when the HT button is pressed, the expected result always occurs (see 2 below).

I can make the problem go away in either of three ways:
1. put DEV-CBL as the first step of the not-set macro (even though it shouldn't be required), or
2. make the active device something other that CBL before pressing the key, or
3. use another key for the keymove.

Similar symptoms result if I put the keymove on VCR - HOME_THEATER and put the remote in the VCR mode before pressing HT. So, the problem seems to be related to a keymove being called by a macro on the same key when the active device is the also the bound device of the keymove. Certainly there's nothing in special protocol 181 that would seem to contribute to the problem.

Any thoughts?
Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: