JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Quick way to search a bunch of codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utmba95

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Quick way to search a bunch of codes? Reply with quote

When I am searching for discrete codes I usually program 10 or 20 sequential codes into the numeric keypad of a remote, try them, and repeat. Is there a quicker way to do this? I have an IR Widget if that thing is capable of transmitting.

Thanks,
Mike
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick way to search a bunch of codes? Reply with quote

utmba95 wrote:
When I am searching for discrete codes I usually program 10 or 20 sequential codes into the numeric keypad of a remote, try them, and repeat. Is there a quicker way to do this? I have an IR Widget if that thing is capable of transmitting.

Thanks,
Mike

Not sure what remote you have, but if you look in the files section under 'Special Protocols' there is a protocol designed exactly for this. Not sure if it has been ported to the newer remotes or not...

xnappo
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IR Widget cannot transmit. Given appropriate hardware, IRMaster can do this. See picture below. See also this thread

andyross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a code with a stock 0-255 EFC range, you can try the old 'send EFC' trick. I use a basic, un-extended remote and do the old SETUP-xyz thing over and over. I will try to print known codes so I can skip what I can.
carsonlittle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
The IR Widget cannot transmit. Given appropriate hardware,

Barf, is the GlobalCache the hardware you mention?

How much extra work would it be to have IRMaster send commands to a USB connected Microcontroler (that in turn controls an IR LED) to make it behave like an IR Blaster?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carsonlittle wrote:
Barf, is the GlobalCache the hardware you mention?

IrMaster supports GlobalCache, IrTrans, a pair of anti-parallel IR-LEDS on the auto output, and indirectly through LIRC, anything LIRC supports (and that is a lot). Note however that you need a patched version of LIRC. Which unfortunately rules out Windows (WinLirc would in principle do, if someone can can persuade the maintainer to include my patch.)

Quote:
How much extra work would it be to have IRMaster send commands to a USB connected Microcontroler (that in turn controls an IR LED) to make it behave like an IR Blaster?
Not extremely easy, but probably not extremely hard either. Are you thinking of something like Arduino? (There are some threads on Arduino already.) All sources for IrMaster and dependent libraries are available at my website Wink If you are interesting on taking up this path, I would be happy to assist you. Razz
carsonlittle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:

IrMaster supports GlobalCache, IrTrans, a pair of anti-parallel IR-LEDS on the auto output, and indirectly through LIRC, anything LIRC supports (and that is a lot). Note however that you need a patched version of LIRC. Which unfortunately rules out Windows (WinLirc would in principle do, if someone can can persuade the maintainer to include my patch.)

If your software can support a pair of anti-parallel IR-LEDS, that means it can instruct a USB microcontroller what the carrier freq. should be and how to modulate that carrier freq.

We just need to work out the comms protocol between your software and this USB microcontroller (that I already have implemented)
Barf wrote:

Not extremely easy, but probably not extremely hard either. Are you thinking of something like Arduino? (There are some threads on Arduino already.) All sources for IrMaster and dependent libraries are available at my website Wink If you are interesting on taking up this path, I would be happy to assist you. Razz

Please see above - if this is not a good idea, let me know why and suggest a better one, and let's start ticking. PM me your email and we take it from there.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! The clean way would be to add a new class to the HarcHardware package, API docu here, implementing the interfaces IHarcHardware and IRawIrSender. But it is not necessarily the only way to start experimenting.

My email address is found in the email button underneath my postings.

Quote:
If your software can support a pair of anti-parallel IR-LEDS, that means it can instruct a USB microcontroller what the carrier freq. should be and how to modulate that carrier freq.

Actually, that is not how it works, See the code in IrpMaster.Wave, or its documentation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: