JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

vulkano and VU+ Ultimo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manhattan222

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: vulkano and VU+ Ultimo Reply with quote

Hi:

I bought a satellite receptor (VU+ ULTIMO)

Im looking for a file to teach my Vulkano Lava/Blast my remote control. Unfortunately, my vulkano cannot learn the remote control. Im search on internet and I locate this files for my receptor in format BIN and RMDU. The problem is that these files are not in Gondar format (BIN).

I have this files:

V2010_PL.bin you can download from: http://www.mediafire.com/?o5nw3i84dtj9x76

Vu+ Ultimo .rmdu you can download from: http://www.mediafire.com/?2dydk5p3r1v48jd

V2010_RV.bin you can download from: http://www.mediafire.com/?dsi7eoumf1dlhly

Please help me to find / convert this file *.bin in Gondar format...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, manhattan222 was referred here from the following thread:
http://vulkanocommunity.com/forum/vulkano-lava/vu-ultimo-remote-control-file-bin-or-lrn/

There is some info on the Gondar/Volkano here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14126
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can generate a Gondar BIN file by using the RM software and the VU+Ultimo.rmdu file and changing the remote type to BINGondar. After that, you can supply the BIN file to the Vulkano Setup Wizard. There is also a VU+ Duo.rmdu here.

There is no need to learn the codes on the vulkano but if you still want to learn the codes on the Vulkano, upload the LRN file and we can look at it(as we did in the other post).
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11573
manhattan222

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
You can generate a Gondar BIN file by using the RM software and the VU+Ultimo.rmdu file and changing the remote type to BINGondar. After that, you can supply the BIN file to the Vulkano Setup Wizard. There is also a VU+ Duo.rmdu here.

There is no need to learn the codes on the vulkano but if you still want to learn the codes on the Vulkano, upload the LRN file and we can look at it(as we did in the other post).

Thanks but my vulkano need bin file in AXUM format (no GONDAR)

Somebody have the RDF file for AXUM?
manhattan222

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11573

Not work this file...
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure your Vulkano Lava/Blast needs a BIN file in AXUM format? I thought the Axum chip was only used on some HAVA devices and the Vulkano devices used the Gondar chip. THe HAVA devices were able to use the Slingbox RMDU files to generate the BIN files.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always found the Vulkano uses the Axum chip. Just recompiling with the Axum RDF has always worked in the past. Unfortunately the statement 'not work' means nothing and offers no clues, so it could be anything that has gone wrong.
manhattan222

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
I've always found the Vulkano uses the Axum chip. Just recompiling with the Axum RDF has always worked in the past. Unfortunately the statement 'not work' means nothing and offers no clues, so it could be anything that has gone wrong.

All files sent me by Vulkano technical support are AXUM format. The problem I have is as follows:

1. - When I try to teach my codes to Vulkano, simply does not recognize it.

2. - The AXUM format files (BIN) obtains from rmdu files, once installed on my computer and selecting the Vulkano WIZARD, offer no answers. When I press the test button, do nothing.

For this reason, I ask if anyone has the file for this receiver in LRN format or BIN (axum): VU + ULTIMO or VU + UNO.

Rgds.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds as though you have a fault in the Vulkano.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chip inside the Vulkano is Gondar but perhaps they've made the software accept AXUM bin format as well.

You can try verifying the IR LEDs are transmitting properly. Hold up a cell phone camera and you should see bursts of white light when the IR is being transmitted.

The VU+ Ultimo RMDU files say it is MCE based. I'm assuming these codes are learnable by the Gondar chip. If you have a LRN file that you created(even if it doesn't work), please upload it. It may give us a clue on what is happening.
manhattan222

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
The chip inside the Vulkano is Gondar but perhaps they've made the software accept AXUM bin format as well.

You can try verifying the IR LEDs are transmitting properly. Hold up a cell phone camera and you should see bursts of white light when the IR is being transmitted.

The VU+ Ultimo RMDU files say it is MCE based. I'm assuming these codes are learnable by the Gondar chip. If you have a LRN file that you created(even if it doesn't work), please upload it. It may give us a clue on what is happening.

No I have the *. LRN. Do not let me create it. So I can not test to Thursday 13 if IR is being transmitting.

I have a Vulkano in another house. I will test on Thursday if the same thing happens and I'll tell you.

The VULKANO support says this:

"Thank you for contacting Monsoon Support.

Please set the Code to 0001.

You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal RCU according to the Vu+ model that you want to
control. The default system code is Mode 2.
Mode 1 : SOLO / DUO
Mode 2 : UNO / Ultimo (*Note : The keyboard of Ultimo remote cannot be used for SOLO,DUO & UNO.)
Mode 3 & 4 : reserved for future models.
Press <<2 + 7>>, <HELP>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>
1. Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press HELP
3. Press <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

Thank you for choosing Monsoon Multimedia.

I answered that the 0001 code is only for the VU+ SOLO and DUO. If I select 0001, my receiver does not recognize the remote.

Thank you all for your contribution.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what mode is used in the VU+ Ultimo RMDU file. It could be incorrect.

If you have a TV remote control, you can try using that to Learn and save the LRN file. You can upload this file and tell us the TV model. This will verify the Learning method and if the LRN file creation is correct. You can also use this to verify that IR transmission works on the Vulkano as it should control the TV.
manhattan222

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manhattan222 wrote:
binky123 wrote:

No I have the *. LRN. Do not let me create it. So I can not test to Thursday 13 if IR is being transmitting.

I have a Vulkano in another house. I will test on Thursday if the same thing happens and I'll tell you.

The VULKANO support says this:

"Thank you for contacting Monsoon Support.

Please set the Code to 0001.

You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal RCU according to the Vu+ model that you want to
control. The default system code is Mode 2.
Mode 1 : SOLO / DUO
Mode 2 : UNO / Ultimo (*Note : The keyboard of Ultimo remote cannot be used for SOLO,DUO & UNO.)
Mode 3 & 4 : reserved for future models.
Press <<2 + 7>>, <HELP>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>
1. Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press HELP
3. Press <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

Thank you for choosing Monsoon Multimedia.

I answered that the 0001 code is only for the VU+ SOLO and DUO. If I select 0001, my receiver does not recognize the remote.

Thank you all for your contribution.

Tested. I can not teach both Vulkanos. Does not work any BIN file in either.

Any ideas?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you verified IR LEDs are transmitting with a cellphone camera? The Vulkano also has IR transmitter LEDs connected to a long wire that can be plugged into the back. These LEDS can then be placed directly in front of the device. You should be able to see the white flashes in the cellphone camera when IR is being transmitted.

Perhaps you are doing a step incorrectly? Click on Advanced and then the Video button in the Setup wizard. Click on Device/STB Tab. Select any Device Category like Cable. Select Manufacturer. Click on Test to check ChannelUp. Click on IR-Learning Tab. You should be able to Learn, Test, Clear, Load, Save your bin files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: