JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7962 and JP1.x?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ydyoda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: URC-7962 and JP1.x? Reply with quote

Hello,

Today I discovered JP1 after receiving my first universal remote control.
I having been bitten by the curiosity of a 6-pins connector next the battery and Google help me to find you.
I looked in the Remote Chart list for my remote URC-7962 but i didn't find it. But I see the remote URC-7950 use JP1.3 connector,
I think I will try it with 7962... Do you think if this choice is not to bad?

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you issue a signature blink back command from the keypad, we might be able to remove all the guess work.

993 Remote signature blink back instructions

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-7962 is a newer remote that we're currently calling "JP2". Support for programming it with the JP1 tools is available, but still in beta. Please see this announcement about the latest versions that include support for this remote.

If you are brand new to JP1, this may not be the best remote to start with as support for it is still being developed. Most of the experts do not have the remote and can't easily answer questions. You could buy another remote to get your feet wet in JP1, and then make the jump to the 7962 if you prefer it.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand the the 7962 is a beautiful remote, and now that it is fairly easy to get in the US on eBay I suspect it will become popular.

It will be more of an adventure than an older remote though - so sort-of depends if you are looking to have fun hacking at your remote, or are looking for ease-of-use.

xnappo
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case it isn't clear from the above posts, the URC-7962 needs a JP1.3 flash cable, and RMIR will work with it. Perhaps I'm the optimistic sort, but I think it will be just to easy to program as the older remotes.
ydyoda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all,
Ok, so I can start with the cable JP1.3
I do not think I 'm going to get another remote, I didn't buy it for that purpose. However, I see it as a bonus and I'm not hurry by the requirement to use the JP1.
Currently, I would slow down the repeat rate for a couple of button, but there is no hurry.
The 983 works well and I have the following number: 20497
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: