JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NextGen Extender Kit - replacement for URC-9910 Command Ctr

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: NextGen Extender Kit - replacement for URC-9910 Command Ctr Reply with quote

My urc-9910 no longer communicates with its' IR/RF command center. Would the NextGen IR to RF to IR Remote Control Range Extender Kit, 433 MHz work as a replacement? In advance thanks......
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic was covered pretty well a couple of years ago.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10779
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9194
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9115
radunn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Thank you for the references except I don't know whether the 433 or 418Mhz kit is appropriate for my setup. I do have a Scientific Atlanta cable box (4250 HDC) that worked fine with the urc-9910 RF center.

Also I assume??? the RF puck in the 9910 talks to the RF ctr and is non-essential for the NextGen kit?

At an earlier post The Robman looked at a pic of my 9910; he couldn't see any damage to the RF puck. I assume it was damaged when re-gluing the modem ring (don't recall any mishaps) or when the modem ring became unglued. Any leads Vicky? Again thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RF frequency doesn't matter. The Next Gen has a device that is shaped like a AAA battery that you use to replace one of the AAA batteries in your remote (and this can be ANY remote, not just a JP1 remote). The battery-like device picks up the IR signal that the remote is sending and converts it into an RF signal, which is picked up by the Next Gen command center (not your 9910 command center) which turns it back into an IR signal to work your devices.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C1Z0HA/
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Thank you for the references except I don't know whether the 433 or 418Mhz kit is appropriate for my setup. I do have a Scientific Atlanta cable box (4250 HDC) that worked fine with the urc-9910 RF center.

Don't quote me on this. As far as I know you, choose the 433 or the 418 unit so they don't interfere with each other, or other household electronics. If you live in a single family dwelling and you don't have a lot of rf gear working in your home, it would be either one.

Quote:

Also I assume??? the RF puck in the 9910 talks to the RF ctr and is non-essential for the NextGen kit?

Yes that is my understanding.

Quote:

At an earlier post The Robman looked at a pic of my 9910; he couldn't see any damage to the RF puck. I assume it was damaged when re-gluing the modem ring (don't recall any mishaps) or when the modem ring became unglued. Any leads Vicky? Again thanks

I am not a techie. My standard answer to all hardware problems is try new batteries. Beyond that I'm lost.
radunn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Don't quote me on this. As far as I know you, choose the 433 or the 418 unit so they don't interfere with each other, or other household electronics. If you live in a single family dwelling and you don't have a lot of rf gear working in your home, it would be either one.

Do I have this clear; the bottom line is the NextGen should work because it doesn't utilize the RF puck and is dependent on the transmitter that replaces one of the remote controls' batteies? Thanks much for your support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
Do I have this clear; the bottom line is the NextGen should work because it doesn't utilize the RF puck and is dependent on the transmitter that replaces one of the remote controls' batteries? Thanks much for your support.

Correct, as I said earlier, this product should work in ANY remote.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
radunn wrote:
Do I have this clear; the bottom line is the NextGen should work because it doesn't utilize the RF puck and is dependent on the transmitter that replaces one of the remote controls' batteries? Thanks much for your support.

Correct, as I said earlier, this product should work in ANY remote.

Sorry Rob, I didn't see your earlier post on this until now. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: