JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Support for OneForAll URC-7962 Smart Control Motion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deerewright wrote:
I have searched all over and have tried getting remote master to work with the urc-7962, but I keep getting "No Remotes Found".

Is there a way to get this to work? I am tying to install on Vista 64bit.

The URC-7962 is supported by RMIR v2.02a, the current official release, but it needs v0.20 Beta of jp12serial.dll and the RMIR package only contains v0.19. It is as yet the only known remote that needs v0.20 Beta.

The link I've given above includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of jp12serial.dll v0.20 Beta. If you've followed the link to RMIR v2.02 Beta 1.5v in the post just above yours, that does include jp12serial v0.20 Beta but only the 32-bit version. You will need the 64-bit version so you must take it from my link in this post.

You may still have a problem with your DIYgadget cable, though. If so, my recommendation would be the ready-made FTDI-based cable that is the first of the recommendations from 3FG.
deerewright

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving on old thread here in hopes that something new is happening. I am able to get things to work in Windows 10 with my URC-7962 by using the jp12serial v0.20 Beta driver. I would much prefer to use linux for most of my jp1 work. Is anyone working on a driver for linux (amd64)?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deerewright, the post above yours that refers to jp12serial.dll v0.20 Beta is out of date. Please see this post announcing the official release of RMIR v2.03. That release includes jp12serial v0.20 (release version, not beta) compiled for each of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, each in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You should find that RMIR v2.03 supports your URC-7962 in Linux without needing any additional files.
deerewright

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Deerewright, the post above yours that refers to jp12serial.dll v0.20 Beta is out of date. Please see this post announcing the official release of RMIR v2.03. That release includes jp12serial v0.20 (release version, not beta) compiled for each of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, each in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You should find that RMIR v2.03 supports your URC-7962 in Linux without needing any additional files.

That's what I thought. I am using v2.03 build 14, but my laptop does not recognize the remote in linux (Ubuntu 16.04), but does fine in windows. In ubuntu I just keep getting "no remote found".
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you follow this step in the installation instructions:

Quote:
If your OS is Linux then run Setup.sh from Terminal as a shell script. If the current directory in Terminal is the RemoteMaster installation directory then the command "sh Setup.sh" will run the script. ... Setup.sh will also add you to the dialout group of users, if you are not already in it. If you need to be added, then it will ask you for your sudo password as this step needs to be run with root privileges. This step is needed to enable RMIR to access USB serial ports without RMIR itself being run as root.

If you have any other JP1 remotes, can you access them in Linux?
deerewright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Did you follow this step in the installation instructions:

Yes, I swear I had tried installing again, earlier. But now it suddenly works? I think I'm losing my mind...

Sorry to have wasted your time Confused

Thanks anyway for the help!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deerewright wrote:
Sorry to have wasted your time

No problem. Glad it now all works Smile .
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deerewright wrote:

Yes, I swear I had tried installing again, earlier. But now it suddenly works? I think I'm losing my mind...

One possibility is that you (or scripts you invoked) changed "your" (i.e. your Linux userid's) groups. You tried it, it did not work. After that, you logged out and logged in again, and then it worked.

So this may be a logical explanation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: