JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Windows 7 64 bit and old Cinema 7 (URC-7800) help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclinml

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Windows 7 64 bit driver install....... Reply with quote

Hey, guys. My friend is still having trouble installing the correct driver for the JP1.2/3 cable he got from DIYGADGET. Here is a synopsis of what he has tried. Can someone tell us where he is going wrong???

ATTEMPT ONE

When I plug the cable that I got from DIYGADGETS (with the JP1 adapter I also got from them) a driver is automatically installed

The driver file named "PL2303_Prolific_Driverinstaller_V1_7_0" is installed by windows automatically.

When I check in Device Manager I see this.

Ports (Com & LPT)
Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM5)

With a Driver Date of 7/31/2007 and a Driver Version of 3.2.0.0

When I attach the remote and do the Interface Check, I get the following error Message:

OPEN DEVICE FAILED(Last Error=3)

ATTEMPT TWO

I then downloaded and attempted to install the driver suggested by Robman (The link below):

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

The exact driver was this one

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.08.24%20WHQL%20Certified.zip (See attached file CDM 2.08.24 WHQL Certified Zip)

I unzipped that file and attempted to update the current driver by going to Device Manager and clicking on "Update Drivers". I got the following message:

"The best driver software for your device is already installed

Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date

Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port"

This agrees with the Installation Guide Information PDF from the FTDI site quoted below:

"To install CDM drivers for an FTDI device under Windows 7, follow the instructions below:

Connect the device to a spare USB port on your PC.

If there is an available Internet connection, Windows 7 will silently connect to the Windows Update website and install any suitable driver it finds for the device.

If the automatic installation takes place there is no need to continue with the procedure outlined below."

I have attached that Installation Guide PDF (See Section 3 Page 4).

ATTEMPT THREE

I then contacted DIYGADGET support and they suggested I go to their site and download and install the file at this site, attached (Vista_Installer.exe).

http://www.tiaowiki.com/download (This is a link to a series of downloadable drivers)

http://www.tiaowiki.com/download//file.php?id=13 (This is the executable file that gets downloaded)

This turned out to be an exe file that ran an install wizard that I am unable to tell that it did anything after it apparently successfully completed.

Currently the driver that is loaded is the one that Windows installed from the first step above

For some reason I am unable to turn off the automatic install of drivers by Windows 7.

Thanks for any help...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed you had an FTDI JP1.x cable (ie, the kind sold by Tommy) so that's why I referred you to the FTDI drivers page. There is a link to the site where you get drivers for the DIY cables on the DIY page.

DIY lists two drivers for their JP1.x cables, one for Windows Vista (and 7) and one for non-Vista Windows. I see that you found the Vista version.

As there aren't any instructions included with the DIY file, I can't offer any specific advice, but I would suggest that you uninstall the FTDI driver first, as you have no need for that anymore.

I've not personally used the DIY JP1.x cable (mine is an FTDI cable from Tommy) so I can't offer any personal experience either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: