JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for CMX DVX3180 needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kabu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:57 am    Post subject: Code for CMX DVX3180 needed Reply with quote

1. Device: CMX DVX3180
2. Type of device: DVD
3. Year: ~2008
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-7140 R02
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? no
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? I don't know Pronto.
9. Partially working setup code? yes, DVD 1643
10. Learning remote question? no
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? yes
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? site doesn't respond
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD/1643 uses NEC1 with device code 0, which is quite common for cheap unknown brand devices. I did quite a bit of searching for this device, and the CMX brand in general, and there's not much info out there, so I think your only option for building a complete upgrade for this one is trial and error.

What you need to do is, create several upgrades that all use NEC1 with device 0, then program all the OBCs starting with 0 to all the buttons on the remote. Create as many upgrades as there are device buttons on your remote, then load them all up to the remote. Then go through each device mode, testing each button to see if it does anything. If you get a response, test the button several times to be sure you know what it's doing, and you may need to repeat with the DVD player in different modes (eg, when in a menu, with a disc playing, etc) to be sure you've got them all.

One cool way to do this is to create a spreadsheet with a list of all the button names on the 7140 in it, then create columns with all the OBCs in them and have a blank column next to it, then when you find a button that does something, come back to the spreadsheet and enter what it is. Then when you're done testing, use all the codes that you found to build a new upgrade.

Sometimes it's easier to do something than to explain it, so I just did all that for you here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26673

The zip contains 2 RMIR files, where each of them contain 7 upgrades that cover all of the possible OBCs for NEC1 dev0. The first RMIR file has the first 4 upgrades programmed to the device buttons, and the 2nd one has the next 3 upgrades programmed. The zip also includes a spreadsheet with all of the OBCs listed along with what button they are programmed to.

Good luck.
kabu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Your instructions and files helped a lot. If you know how to do it, it's pretty easy. Cool

Fortunately I own a spare URC-7140. I uploaded your file and programmed every key I found to the "production" remote. Laughing

Most difficult part was - as you mentioned - to find all the functions as a dvd player has so many operating states.

For some functions I found several OBCs (like video out, vol up and down, fast fwd, ...). I couldn't figure any difference. Should I keep them in the functions list?

Short side note: I had to swap functions for the buttons "stop" and "record". I think it's a layout glitch of the URC-7140 R02.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd keep all the dups, just label them like PLAY2, etc, just in case they do something different on other models. And please load your RMDU fike when you're done and post a link to it here.
kabu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just uploaded my upgrade here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kabu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: