JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EFCs for Roku (STB version)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArellanoD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone located the Hex Code for Apple TV App within the Roku. The Disney Hex code works for the Disney+ App.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArellanoD wrote:
Has anyone located the Hex Code for Apple TV App within the Roku. The Disney Hex code works for the Disney+ App.

Are you a JP1 user? If you are, would you be willing to run some controlled tests to find the code?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's isn't efc for apple tv + as of the last roku update.

Last edited by MaskedMan on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
spinsky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
ArellanoD wrote:

Are you a JP1 user? If you are, would you be willing to run some controlled tests to find the code?

I don't have a JP1 but do have access to a Roku with the Apple TV app, and to remotes that I can load with IR codes in Pronto format. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to try.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinsky wrote:
The Robman wrote:
ArellanoD wrote:

I don't have a JP1 but do have access to a Roku with the Apple TV app, and to remotes that I can load with IR codes in Pronto format. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to try.
This excel file has every possible pronto hex code. You can try all the ones that don't have a description if you want to discover new ones. But I think Edmund has already done this fairly recently.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25290
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched roku efc, I didn't find any new channels, but what I did find searching Roku efc's, not Roku tv efc's, were volume up, down, mute, and discrete power off that did control my TCL ROKU tv?? I would have re-search with tv off to find the discrete ON command. Here's the thing, we have 3 roku TV's in the house, TCL, Insignia, and Hisense, which respond to the same code, but not these tv codes in roku setup code, only controls the TCL. I can only guess its IR commands that initiates hdmi cec in the roku to send it to the tv its attached to. The setup code I'm using is 03061, efc are:

TV discrete off 00147
TV Volume up 00134
Tv Volume Down 00136
Tv Mute 00140

This is the first time I was using my new Roku Ultra 4670, I don't know if its just this model of roku that accepts this tv commands.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplugging the Roku Ultra, the commands no longer control the tv, plugging in Roku Premiere + 3921x, the commands work again. But not with Roku Premiere 3920.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund, could it be controlling via CEC? Is it enabled on both?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its CEC alright but its triggered by IR. it stopped working for awhile, but when I had the tv check for CEC devices plugged in it started working again. I had the Ultra original going through hdmi switcher and worked for a bit, but until plugged the ultra directly into the tv and updated the CEC devices it started working again. That discrete off would only turn it off originally, but after refresh it did both ON & OFF. I don't have idea where this would come in handy, maybe someone else does?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After plugging the Premiere 3920 directly to the tv, refreshing CEC devices its now sending the tv commands to the tv like the Premiere + and Ultra do. Of course without a IR roku plugged in, it wouldn't work at all.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the reason the tv commands were added to the roku code set was the Roku Smart Soundbar. It comes in a Roku branded one with more powreful speakers and voice wifi remote. And then there's the Walmart Onn brand Roku Smart Soundbar that has less powerful speakers and comes with IR roku remote. The IR remote is the same all consiole Roku have used over the years, accept it has preprogrammed tv power, Volume up & down, and Mute keys that matches the efc's I found above. I bought both models to find this out.

The newer Ultra Wifi Roku remote has two progammable keys marked 1 & 2, they hold a voice search prompt. You press the voice search key, and speak. If you like the results you press and hold 1 or 2 key to memorize that search. So after my Roku, the soundbar, got 9.3 I did a EFC search, I came up with efc's 00038, 00040, 00042, 00046, 00048, and 00050. The first three match 1 & 2 keys and a third programmable I guess you call 3, the last three efc are duplicates of the first three. So if you have a voice roku remote, use it to do search, then pressing the 1,2,3 programmed into the UEI remote, it will memorize them. So you can have a IR remote with YouTube Tv key. And two others.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just upgraded my Ultra to 9.3 this morning. Dug out the original remote to give this new "saved voice command" feature a try. And yay, no more arrow-navigation macros to launch YouTube TV! That's certainly an improvement.

The one odd/mildly annoying thing about this approach, however, is using one of these saved commands when you're already inside an app. First, the Roku insists on speaking back the command: "Launching YouTube TV." And second, a 7 second counter pops up on screen giving you the chance to change your mind and cancel the action. You need to left arrow + ok to skip the countdown.

So still not as nice as a direct channel navigation function, but better than a home screen navigation macro. I'll take it.

[EDIT] I found a workaround for the above irritation -- programming a DSM for each of the "saved voice command" buttons. The macro simply sends the Home command first and then (using shift-cloaking) sends the 1/2/3 command. No prompts, no countdowns. Just does exactly what I want it to do. Sweet!
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked. So my TCL Roku tv using uei tv code 14398 was upgraded to 9.3, and the efc's are the same, 1-00038, 2-00040, and 3-00042.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did encounter one other surprising bit of strangeness. After programming my Ultra, I decided to take my voice remote down to the basement, pair it with my old Roku 2, and repeat the procedure there so I could have the same shortcuts on both devices.

But once I'd done this, I discovered that the Ultra seemed to have forgotten the saved searches. And when I re-paired the voice remote with the Ultra, it started working again but now the 2 had forgotten them. So it almost looks like the learned voice commands are stored on the remote and not on the Roku device itself?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the searches are definitely saved on the roku itself, I found this out 6 months ago when I first got the ultra remote bought it used on ebay and paired it with my tcl roku tv, memorized two searches, moved the remote to other roku's to test, when ever I re-paired to the Tcl tv it still remembered the two searches.

And yesterday all my rokus got 9.3, and the three efc codes I mapped for the 1,2,& 3 keys on the Inteset remote worked on my tcl tv, Roku Premiere+ and Premiere. Each has a different three channels programmed in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: