JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR with URC7562-B01 Extender v1.01 - Beta?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: RMIR with URC7562-B01 Extender v1.01 - Beta? Reply with quote

Hi

I am awaiting a JP1.3 to JP1 cable converter from diygadget and would then like to try the URC7562-B01 Extender v1.01-Beta with URC7562's -BO1 and -R00 http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=152

With the Atlas URC 1056 Extender I was able to merge a hex file with the extender within RMIR which was easy to do, [edited:] as advised in the following thread http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14132

- but I find the installation readme for URC7562 Extender, IR, and edited batch text files etc. quite complicated and difficult to understand, so reckon I am bound to go wrong.

Can I do an installation for the 7562 extender with RMIR, as with the 1056 Extender, and should the HEX file of 7562 be used in the same way, or how else, please?

Regards
Chris
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, if there is a .hex file included with the extender, that means that it can be merged into an existing ir file.

Some of the older stuff was developed prior to John Fine's Extinstall didn't include the .hex file. John's extinstall was developed prior to the jP1.2 extenders, so uncleMiltie revised extinstall to handle JP1, JP1.2 and JP1.3 extenders. Graham built that functionality directly into RMIR. I've tried RMIR on JP1, JP1.2 and JP1.3 extenders, and they seem to work just fine too.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: