JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 46pfl7505d "discrete on" kludge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bevhoward

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Philips 46pfl7505d "discrete on" kludge Reply with quote

I have a Philips 46pfl7505d LCD TV that I have been unable to find a discrete on command, valuable on this TV since it takes almost half a minute for the TV to power on.

I have created a "kludge" for anyone who needs to program a theater start macro for this or similar devices.

If this TV is on and "power" is pressed, there is a long (30 second) delay before the TV is actually powered off.

As a result, it is possible to create a discrete ON command by issuing "power" <delay> "power"

If the TV is OFF, it will power up.

If the TV is ON, the screen will blank, but reappear when the second "power" command is issued... a 1-2 second delay works.

Hope that this information is of value.
Beverly Howard
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bev,

FWIW, my Philips 37PFL9603 reacts to RC5, 0, 63 as (discrete) power on, and RC5, 0, 61 as power off. Have you tried those?
bevhoward

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> Have you tried those? <<

Yes, I tried all of the RC5 codes contained in
the "Philips 47PFL7422D LCD All Functions" update [url]http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8024 [/url] and none of the RC5 codes contained in that update worked including the discrete power codes which I had been very hopeful about.

Thanks for the response,
Beverly Howard
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: