JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Did I break my RCRP05B?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike.s

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Did I break my RCRP05B? Reply with quote

Old one was wearing out, got a new one and uploaded the rmir I've been using. I screwed up and didn't install the extender first, but did bypass the warning, and now the remote is non-functional. Trying to download or upload from Remote Master fails with "remote not found." The CBL/SAT light does blink twice after the attempt, though.

edit: it's not an issue with RM or the interface. I've got a couple other of these remotes, and can download from them just fine.

If I pull a battery and press a key to discharge it, when I put the battery back in, CBL/SAT blinks twice. After that, different things can happen (each of these starts with a power reset):

1)If I hold Setup to try and start a factory reset, CBL/SAT blinks once, and then nothing. At that point, pressing any key does nothing.

2)Press 9, CBL/SAT blinks twice. If I then press 8, DVR and DVD blink together once, then CBL/SAT blinks once. Then it's dead.

But that's all pretty inconsistent. After more playing with it, it now blinks CBL/SAT twice when I press any key. So, something changed such that a power cycle doesn't put it back were it was before (yep, I'm pressing a key when the battery is out to discharge any caps).

Is there hope? It's only a $20 remote, no biggie, just asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: