JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete Codes for Sharp LCD TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCWineMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Discrete Codes for Sharp LCD TV Reply with quote

Hi, I have been struggling to find discrete on/off and input codes for my Sharp TV (details in template below). The standard functions work fine, but macros are useless with only the toggle buttons for on/off and inputs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Device: Sharp LCD TV - LC-52D64U
2. Type of device: LCD TV
3. Year: 2008
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast URC-1068
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Just ordered one; on the way
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes - tried multiple files in Remote Master and manually entered EFCs into the remote, but no success.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes, and found several hex codes, but no success in converting to EFCs. Tried pasting raw hex examples into IR Tool, but I couldn't get them to convert. I am probably doing something wrong. This thread seems applicable, but I can't figure out how to convert these hex codes to EFCs: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-touch/thread.cgi?keywords=3012&highlight=sharp%7Caquos
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, the normal functions work -- my struggle is with finding discrete codes for on/off and inputs 3-6
10. Learning remote question? N/A - no learning remote
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes. I can find several codes that work for the basic functions.

Thanks!
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7070 says that it has discrete power and inputs 1-9 for a Sharp AQUOS TV. Have you tried this file?
SCWineMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that file and I would like to try it, but I'm not sure how to use that file since it's formatted for 15-2116. Is there a tool that will read it or a way to pull the information out of it manually and map to EFCs? Thanks!
SCWineMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind -- I got it to read into RM. Will try those codes and report back. Thanks!
SCWineMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried just about every Sharp TV file I can find that I can load into Remote Master and had a small amount of luck. I've found that if I choose the Sharp protocol (not Sharp Combo) , it yields the right codes for Input 1 (00047), 2 (00049), 3 (00045), and 4 (00151). That's with TV setup code 1093. I have tried many options for the other inputs as well as the discrete on/off, but none seem to work. I'm trying to keep myself from spending an evening sending all 1,000 3-digit codes from the remote manually, mainly because of the warnings I've seen about the service modes.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the help!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky for you, the codes repeat after 256, so you only need to try that many. I've done it many times. Takes about 15 minutes. Service mode is a possibility though.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Sharp TVs use Sharp (Denon) IR protocol device 17, OBC 74 for discrete On, and 75 for discrete Off. I've checked that for a LC-65D64U which almost certainly uses the same signals as yours.

However, the Comcast 1068 has no simple Denon or Sharp setup codes that can send device 17, and searching the 256 possible EFCs won't be fruitful. Furthermore I don't believe that TV 1093 exists, but Cable 1093 is 1. Perhaps you were using that, or maybe you hadn't really assigned a TV setup code.

You need to use a Sharp or Denon Combo executor to send these discretes. If you're doing this manually, it would make sense to temporarily assign one of the above setup codes to AUX, and after entering in the keymoves, revert to TV 0093, so that the ordinary functions work.

For the 1068, I believe your choices are AUX 1104, 1360, and 0807. When I plug the above device and OBCs into RM, it provides
On is 43368
Off is 43496
Input 3 59862
Input 4 59785
Input 5 43272
Input 6 43312
SCWineMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! I mistyped the setup code in my original note -- it is 0093, or actually 10093, since the URC-1068 remote requires the "1" appended for TV. In any case, I'm glad to hear I was on the wrong track with that setup code.

I'm assuming I would append the AUX codes with a "3" to convert to 5 digits. I'll try the codes you suggested tonight.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, we have probably have some naming confusion. The URC-1068 was made in the early 2000s,and is a JP1.1 remote. I'm guessing that you have what we term a URC-1067BX3 (red OK/Select button). So far as I know, it and the internally identical URC-1167 are the only Comcast remotes that uses 5 digit setup codes. You can check using the 983 signature blink back command (See the Wiki above for a description of manual programming) The 1067BX3 has signature 3039.

If so, then probably 11602 would work better than the codes I listed above, but those are 31104, 31360, and 20807.
SCWineMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's right. It's the silver Comcast remote with the red OK/Select button. I got the information that it was a URC-1068 from here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote which appears to be incorrect. I'll verify with the 983 command, but it looks like your assumption is correct.

So, if I use the 11602 code, would the EFCs for On/Off and inputs you mentioned above still be valid?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Sharp/Denon Combo executor can send any Sharp IR protocol signal, and the executor is the same among all the setup codes I listed.
SCWineMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG -- It worked!!! Thank you so much. That is a huge help. The tutorial you gave will come in useful for future exercises as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: