JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Disassembly of 8810w OFA Remote for Increased Signal Output

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cearnsdorff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Disassembly of 8810w OFA Remote for Increased Signal Output Reply with quote

I recently reviewed some of the information and postings on sending a stronger signal with my 8810w and thought I would take a stab at it.

First to open the case I used a 4" putty knife to open the case. This was an ideal way to go. I tried a few other suggestions but I wasn't having much luck. With the putty knife I put the blade in the crack (after removing the two battery compartment screws) and pushed in. This opened up one side. I repeated on the other and in under 15 seconds I had the case open!!

Next I pushed the LED out as indicated in a previous posting and re-assembled. This worked very well. While it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing it does the job for me. I would suggest to anyone looking for a new remote to go with the 15-2116 at RS. This only costs $10 more than the 8810w, has less electrical/programming issues and sends a much stronger signal by way of the window at the front of the remote.

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: