JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox Code for Technomate TM 7100HD required
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riscatto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: TM7100 HD Reply with quote

Hello eferz,
Looks to me as though it's getting complicated now, had a look at the Betaremote- create custom remote site, but the skin there is the same one I have now? I need the skin for TM6900 then I could try teaching it from original remote.

That is the way I tried to go before contacting you, I cannot see any point in that route as I will end up (if it works) with exactly what you have kindly sent me ie: S2013_ PL & PV Bin files.

Kind Regards & thanks again
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TM7100 HD Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
Looks to me as though it's getting complicated now, had a look at the Betaremote- create custom remote site, but the skin there is the same one I have now? I need the skin for TM6900 then I could try teaching it from original remote.

That is the way I tried to go before contacting you, I cannot see any point in that route as I will end up (if it works) with exactly what you have kindly sent me ie: S2013_ PL & PV Bin files.

I wonder if you even read my response at all. You can use it as an alternative to the bin files but that wasn't my intention. The idea of teaching the commands through the betaremote website is to allow me to extract the learned data for the missing commands from Sling's Cloud services.

As for using the SlingRemote skin for the TM6900, like I said you can do that yourself or try and get Alan Richey to assist you. All that I can do is provide you with an RMDU and bin file with all the available commands.
riscatto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: tm 7100 hd Reply with quote

Hello eferz,
Yes I do read your replies and I am greatful for you sending them, but there is great deal of difference between reading them and understanding them.
I really appreciate your help as I would not be able to activate the TM7100HD without your support.

As I said I have original remote also Logic Harmony 1000 which has every command and if either of these could be extracted to benefit others I would be delighted, but it seems I am the only person with a TM 7100 HD and slingbox.

I shall be up early tomorrow morning again reading your reply and trying to find the way forward in peace whilst no one else wants to watch Sat or TV.

Thanks again
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to follow this thread, and at the risk of causing chaos Rolling Eyes Why do you want the TM 7100 'skin' ? I know it will look nice and pretty on the PC screen, but it offers no extra functionality to the default 'skin' you are getting with eferz's BIN files.
riscatto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alan,
For a while I thought eferz were alone on one of those Costa Cruise Ships,

The reason for wanting a different skin (TM 6900) is that it is identical to the original TM 7100 HD remote.
With the buttons for the extra commands I need ie: File, Sat & Fav's

I was quite stupidly thinking that if I had the right skin that the commands for all the buttons would be on the bin files eferz kindly found me.

On the skin I'm using at the moment there are none of the above buttons
so I didn't understand how to add commands if ther were no buttons to allocate them to?

I hope this makes some sense as I've already been told off by eferz

Thanks for joining in
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let me try and explain. Both eferz and I use the same technique to create the BIN files. We go to the Logitech database and install the device on our Harmony. Now, when we install the TM 7100 device, the list of functions does NOT include File, Sat & Favs. So there is nothing we can do.

So all I can assume is that when you installed it you added those buttons to the device in just your profile ? Or did you install a different device to get those functions ?

What you need to do is login to my Harmony profile. The username is slingboxes and the password is password. I have installed the TM 7100 device on there. Now use the 'IR teach' to create the extra buttons you need. (Don't worry if it asks you to change the remote, that is OK)

Let me know when that is done.

Eferz: Hope you don't mind me butting in, feel free to access that account afterwards to update your files.
riscatto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Again Alan,
Thank you very much for helping, when I updated my Harmany 1000 from Logitech site the self same commands were missing
I tried to teach them to the Harmany 1000 by the learn method but for some reason it wouldn't learn so I got intouch with Logitech and they added the three commands for me and all I had to do was update again and now everything is fine.
I don't think I'm qualified enough yet to access Logitech under your username and password.
I can suffer in silence as eferz has got me up and running all I'll have to do is make sure Sat is on right channel before I leave home,
I can change channel through slingbox but it is quirky to find the channel as with the TM 7100 if you put a channel into FAVS then it removes that channel from the whole listings which mean you can only access FAV channels through that button.
Hope this make sense

If you can access my Logitech file you are welcome to the updated TM7100 files that Logitech set up for me

Regards & Thanks again
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Eferz: Hope you don't mind me butting in, feel free to access that account afterwards to update your files.

No, Alan. I actually thank you for saving me. I was ready to pull my hair out, scream, and jump off of a building it wasn't for you. Apparently, I am unable to compose messages which this guy can understand. Unfortunately, I do not have the tools necessary to use your Logitech Harmony account. My Harmony 300 still does not have access to the same software as you or him.

That is why I wanted him to teach the commands through the betaremote website. As you know, we can extract the learned data for the missing commands from Sling's Cloud services. Which apparently he is refusing to cooperate. Maybe you can explain it so that he understands.

riscatto wrote:
so I didn't understand how to add commands if ther were no buttons to allocate them to?

There are a total of 82 functions on the generic SlingRemote skin which can be assigned commands. However, they do not show up unless it has an IR signal attached to them. The reason why you do not see the other ones is because they are missing the commands. The Slingplayer software will only show you the available functions which has commands attached to them.

You can download the tools which we use to create the bin files. The software is called Remote Master (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1339). You will also need the RDF (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6160) and MAP files (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5338). This will allow you to open the RMDU file which I created for this device. Then you can see all the hidden commands which are available to us. Again, here are the customization instructions (http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_create_custom_remote_upgrade)
riscatto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Efrez, please don't do anything silly on account of me, keep all of your hair whilst you can.

You know what might seem simple to you others may take a while to comprehend, you yourself say in your last post you do not have the resources that Alan might have so how far behind you two am I?
What I have is a fully working TM 7100 HD remote on my Logitech Harmony 1000 and on my Logitech profile if these could be accessed by you or Alan then they could be available to others through this site

Knowledge is a wonderful thing if you have it and I have yet to obtain it in this field, all I would hope is that if there is a way forward then it is available through you and Alan for others to share.

Knowledge is Devine

Patience a Virtue
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
You know what might seem simple to you others may take a while to comprehend, you yourself say in your last post you do not have the resources that Alan might have so how far behind you two am I?

The Harmony Link, 200, 300, 300i and some versions of the 600, 650, and 700 remotes uses the http://myharmony.com web software. All the rest seem to use a local copy of the Logitech Harmony Remote software with support of the http://members.harmonyremote.com web site. Since your Harmony 1000 and Alan's Harmony 659 & 610 utilizes the same resources, you two may share profiles with one another. I cannot because my Harmony 300 uses different resources.

riscatto wrote:
What I have is a fully working TM 7100 HD remote on my Logitech Harmony 1000 and on my Logitech profile if these could be accessed by you or Alan then they could be available to others through this site

Alternatively, instead of sharing your Harmony profile, you can teach the missing commands to betaremotes.slingbox.com website so that I can have access to them.
riscatto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do my best

Thanks again eferz
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
I'll do my best. Thanks again eferz

Also, make you sure you test each command to make sure they are good learns. Afterwards, check the following web page for instructions on how to share the "learntremote guid" so I can pull it down. http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_Betaremotes_website.#Sharing_Remote_Profiles
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
.,..Harmany 1000 by the learn method but for some reason it wouldn't learn so I got intouch with Logitech and they added the three commands for me and all I had to do was update again and now everything is fine.e
If you can access my Logitech file you are welcome to the updated TM7100 files that Logitech set up for me
If I did that it might trash all your settings, that is why I keep that extra account for testing/exchanging. So your options are:

1. Do as eferz suggest and use remotes.slingbox.com to learn those buttons.

2. Get Logitech to do the same trick on my account.

3. Get Logitech to 'clone' your account under another name so I can access that and it doesn't matter if it is trashed.
riscatto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update,
Tried to copy commands through Betaremotes it seemed to copy okay but when I accessed remote, the new commands were not there I copied them to the Grey buttons under the Coloured ones when opening the remote only one grey button showed.

I also tried to edit the remote I am using now, to learn the new commands but I could not retreive it in Betaremotes waited for some while, I thought it might be as I did not have Slingplayer on my desktop with the bin files in the SVAB folder, so I installed Slingplayer on desktop but could not login to my account, got the message that the site was unavable due to maintenance, or that I was not connected to the internet.

but I will keep trying, I have also emailed Logitech to ask if they would copy my account to another name?

Regards
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just a couple of thoughts:

1. The learning site is well out of BETA now so you can use http://remotes.slingbox.com instead. It is still very flaky but might be slightly better.

2. Those 2 sites have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Slingplayer/BIN files/SBAV folder. These are 2 different methods of producing a 'learned' remote and have no connection.

3. Can't think why you shouldn't have been able to login to your account using the standalone Slingplayer if http://watch.slingbox.com is working. They use the same connection methods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: