JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UEI Titan atlas OCAP / URC-2056BC0-R
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony_Patrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: UEI Titan atlas OCAP / URC-2056BC0-R Reply with quote

After searching the searching the URC support site for the UEI Titan remote, I finally found the manual:
http://www.urcsupport.com/images/uploaded_images/Titan_OCAP_Remote_Control.pdf
Since the battery compartment picture showed what looked like a JP1.x "slot", I ordered one of these remotes.

See my prior post: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13643 which describes the remote.

BTW: If you prefer the older style URC Support WEB front end, use this link: http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?page_id=1 Looks like they have lots of nice new remotes in the pipe.

The remote I received is the Titan 2056-I (silver) with the Phone, WWW, Media, ... keys. Very nice!

The good news: The Titan looks like a great remote - great key placement, lots of device keys, lots of buttons to control what I need to control, back lighting (maybe), and it does have the 6-pin JP1.x interface although the type of JP1.x silkscreen label isn't visible without opening the case. This remote has a really nice look and feel.

The bad news: When trying to download the remote using Tommy Tyler's USB cable, I get two flashes on the remote and the IR program complains that it can't open the JP 1.x interface. Then I opened the case and found the dreaded JP1.4 label silk-screened onto the circuit board. Nuts!

BTW: Also silk-screened onto the circuit board: "UEI Titan atlas OCAP / URC-2056BC0-R" with a date of May.08 Rev:01. I am guessing the circuit board is the same one they use for the Titan 2056-C (which has the PIP control keys rather than the media control keys) because the circuit board has the silk-screened labels for the PIP keys.

As to the back-lighting, the LEDs are all mounted, but the "972" backlight control code doesn't seem to do anything although the remote blinks to indicate the code was accepted. I did note that there were three components not installed onto the circuit board. I haven't traced the circuit yet, but I suspect if I install the missing components the back-lighting will work. The plastic plate holding the keys is of the type that transmits light.

I would love to be able to program this remote. Is there any hope for JP1.4 support at this time?

Last edited by Anthony_Patrick on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: UEI Titan atlas OCAP / URC-2056BC0-R Reply with quote

Anthony_Patrick wrote:
I would love to be able to program this remote. Is there any hope for JP1.4 support at this time?

Yes, but the guys have a little ways to go before publicly supporting the JP1.4 and 2.x remotes.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least the URC-7960 JP1.4 is in some level of public testing. You can help get the process started for your remote by downloading the latest Beta version of RMIR. Look here, and also check the last post in that thread for version 1.5o jar file that you should copy over the main installation.

Then do a Raw download. We'll be able to get a starter RDF going pretty quickly. One other thing, please do a 983 command to get the signature of the remote.

We'll probably want you to create a number of macros manually, keeping track of which buttons are in each macro, and then download from the remote. The idea is to get every button into a macro so that we can inspect the download to find the button number for each button.
Anthony_Patrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up on JP1.4 status. I'd be happy to help with the testing of the latest Beta version of RMIR. I'll also help with the RDF for this remote.

I did the 983 command to readout the signature of the remote. I get "3119" for the result.

BTW: While I was tracing the circuit board for the back-light issue, I found a small solder bridge near one of the back lighting LEDs and cleared it away. The back-lighting works just fine now. Command code "972" is used to toggle the back-light mode. When "on", any key press turns on the back lighting for about 5 seconds. It is a warm pink color and very low level - great for a dark room.

I'll setup the newest version of RMIR as per your instructions and download the remote. I'll post the file when I am done. Thanks. Smile Smile Smile
Anthony_Patrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I have installed the Beta version of RM and the 1.5o RemoteMaster.jar file. The RemoteMaster "help" window shows: RemoteMaster v2.02 Beta 1.5o

It looks like I can download the remote with this newest version of RM.

When doing a normal download, RM complained that it couldn't find a remote RDF file with signature "3119" - so RM is reading the remote and RM saw the same signature that I saw when I used code 983. So far so good.

Next I did a raw download. The remote blinked twice and everything seemed to work - the raw download window filled with hex. The problem was that the hex was all "00". I then did a full factory reset using both codes 980 and 981 and repeated the download. Same result - all zeros.

I posted the resulting file (3119.ir) in the diagnosis area:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10527

The remote is still working. It sends valid IR signals (verified with Tommy Tyler's IR Widget). Next steps?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your file has the extension .ir, which makes me wonder if you did the Raw download in IR.exe rather than RMIR. Just so it is clear, IR.exe has no support at all for JP1.4 or JP2 remotes.

In RMIR, click on the menu item Remote, and select Raw Download. A new small window titled Download Raw Appears. Click the Download button. If you have Tommy's interface, the green LED should stay on for 2 or 3 seconds. Then save the result to e.g. 3119.raw.

Also, I failed to mention that a JP1.4/2 remote will report 5 digits in the signature. Please look for a 5 digit signature via 983.
Anthony_Patrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again.

Remote signature first: After doing the code 983, I went through all the 10 number buttons. This is what I got: "3119111111"
When buttons 1 thru 4 were pressed, the remote seemed to pause before if flashed back the corresponding signature digit. Buttons 5 thru 0 responded very quickly. In addition Tommy's IR Widget (the infrared signal decoder / recorder) was "silent" while I was pressing buttons 1 thru 4. It lit up when I pressed button 5 and onwards. So I am guessing this remote has a four digit signature...

Second: I did use the new RMIR as per you instructions. I do have Tommy's USB JP1.2/3 interface cable. I just again repeated the process to be sure. When I selected the "Raw download" menu drop-down, I did get the "Download Raw" window. I then clicked "Download". The green LED flashed for two or three seconds. When the flashing was done, the remote blinked twice. The "Download Raw" window filled with hex "00". When I clicked "Save" to save the file, the default filename that I get is 3119.ir It looks like it contains addresses followed by zeroes.

I do have IR installed on my computer. (I normally use IR to load extenders and to insure that my DSM's precede the "normal" macros. My remote programming depends on finding the DSM for a key before it finds the "normal"macro and I can't figure out how to get RM to force the order of this. However I do use RM to setup the keys and codes for my individual devices.) I do swear that I didn't go anywhere near IR.exe when I did this testing. I hope there isn't some kind of cross-link under the covers...
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Your file has the extension .ir, which makes me wonder if you did the Raw download in IR.exe rather than RMIR.

Yes, you did use RMIR for the raw download! The file it saves has the extension .ir and the name is the 1st 4 digits of the signature, so 3119.ir is exactly what I would expect. (Some old remotes only had a 4-digit signature, so using more characters than 4 is not safe for all remotes. On remotes prior to JP1.4 the raw download file could be opened in IR.exe as well as in RMIR, hence the .ir extension.)

I've just done a raw download of my URC7960 to make sure that it is still working as I expect. It is, so it suggests that your remote has some quirk that we don't yet know about. I am puzzled by the signature, too. I've just done a blink-out on the 7960. RMIR reports it as 322403 but blink-out gives only 5 digits, 32243. I looked at the widget as I was doing it, and on mine, digits 1-5 were silent (for the 5-digit signature) and 6 onwards blinked once and flashed the widget. So your theory seems correct, that you have a 4-digit signature.

Perhaps 3FG can suggest what you should try next. At present I am at a loss to know what is happening.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent Patrick Anthony a private message. That way, some of my less inspired suggestions won't see the light of day. Very Happy

I think you'll see that the Atlas 1056B03 also reports 5 digits via 983, even though the actual signature is 6 digits in length. It also doesn't send IR signals until the 6th digit.

There is some possibility that his remote is really a JP1.3 which we're just having trouble reading.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
There is some possibility that his remote is really a JP1.3 which we're just having trouble reading.

That may well be the case. Having just read this post of yours, I tried a raw download of my JP1.3 URC7950 and got all 00's. But I can't reproduce it. A second try worked correctly and I then tried closing and re-opening RMIR, and downloading (normal and raw) my Atlas 1056B03 before doing the URC7950 and everything worked correcty. So there is something in a raw download that can fail under certain circumstances but it will be difficult to diagnose.
davidbooker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have just ordered a "tester" URC 7140 Essence, with a view eventually to replace my venerable "fleet" of URC 7562 B01/R00's.

I believe the 7140 is JP1.4, which is not currently supported in ir.exe. I have both types of USB to JP1.x cable.

Will this situation change in the near future, or is there a beta in the pipeline.

Many thanks for your help.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1.4 and JP2 remotes are supported by RMIR rather than IR.exe. Download the prototype version of RMIR, and also the base download. Then do a raw download of your new remote, using the flash (JP1.3) interface cable, and post it here. Please also do a 983 signature blink back and post the signature here.
davidbooker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Anthony_Patrick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I neglected to update this thread after the nice folks at Hi-Fi Remote helped me get my URC Titan 2056-I JP1.4 remote working with the newest version of RMIR. The RMIR support for this JP1.4 remote works and is very complete. The RDF, MAP, and image files are posted for this remote. I have been successfully programming it since March with the various prototype versions of RMIR. My hat is off to "3FG" and "mathdon" who really took the time to help me through what needed to be done to get this JP1.4 remote supported.

I really miss not having an extender available for the JP1.4 / JP2 remotes available (yet?). I know there have been discussions regarding an extender however it would appear that the "CPU" chip and underlying data structures are of a significant enough change in the newer remotes to make writing a extender for them a non-trivial project. Hopefully this is somewhere in the pipeline???
Seion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a UEI Titan Atlas OCAP URC-2056BCO-R remote.

Im using this cable to connect to the remote
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5958

I downloaded the latest version of RMIR 2.02 Beta 1.5v issue 2

When I connect it up and do a raw download I get all 0's ??

and says cant find remote if I do a download of a the remote.

The cable works cause I used it on a jp1.3 remote and I have two of the URC-2056 and both say same thing.

any suggestions or am I doing something wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: