JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Windows Mobile interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEC1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Windows Mobile interface Reply with quote

Are there any plans to develop remote control capture software which the IrDA port on a Windows Mobile handheld?
If the IrDA part is too hard to work with, could IR Widget software for Windows Mobile be possible with Bluetooth (adding a Bluetooth-RS232 transceiver to the IR Widget and remembering to disconnect the USB-RS232 transceiver)?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already available NoviiRemote Deluxe that will turn a Windows Mobile handheld with an IrDA port into a learning remote control. I used it when I had such a handheld and was very impressed by it. You have complete control of the layout of the "buttons" on the touchscreen. But I thought mobile devices with IR ports stopped being made years ago, as Bluetooth took over. The Novii website doesn't seem to have been updated since 2008. So I think it is unlikely that there will be any further development based on an IrDA port.

As for other Windows Mobile development for an IR Widget, I don't expect that either. Windows Mobile seems to be losing out heavily to Android. Now if you asked whether it might be possible to connect an IR Widget to an Android handheld, that is indeed an interesting question. There is an FTDI driver for Android, so the possibility is there. Don't hold your breath, though. It may happen but it is a long way off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: