JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with Atlas OCAP 1056 remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugsly75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Need help with Atlas OCAP 1056 remote Reply with quote

I need a little help, I know that I should be able to do this but I have loaded several upgrades for my DMP-BD60 panasonic Blu-Ray player with no help. The problem is that I cannot get a Blu-Ray disk to play from the top menu by pressing Play button. On the Panasonic remote you have to press the OK/Select button but when I do that with the Atlas OCAP (DVD device and OK/Select) it is using the CBL Device. Is there a way to change it so that the OK/Select button can work with the DVD device button? Thanks for any help that is given. I do have the JP1 Cable and using the RMIR program.

Pugsly75@aol.com
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with Atlas OCAP 1056 remote Reply with quote

pugsly75 wrote:
I need a little help, I know that I should be able to do this but I have loaded several upgrades for my DMP-BD60 panasonic Blu-Ray player with no help. The problem is that I cannot get a Blu-Ray disk to play from the top menu by pressing Play button. On the Panasonic remote you have to press the OK/Select button but when I do that with the Atlas OCAP (DVD device and OK/Select) it is using the CBL Device. Is there a way to change it so that the OK/Select button can work with the DVD device button? Thanks for any help that is given. I do have the JP1 Cable and using the RMIR program.

Found a match on for the Panasonic DMP-BD60 on the Logitech Harmony Databased. Recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files. However, to be honest it sounds like you have inadvertently set your Cable's Select/Ok button to punch through all the other profiles. So, I don't think the above files will actually help. You may want to upload your IR or RMIR work files in to the Diagnostics Area (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35) for the senior staff to take a look why this is happening.
pugsly75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that got it.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugsly75 wrote:
Thanks that got it.

You're welcome. I hope it works out for you.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey eferz, would you mind adding the discrete on/off commands (176.0, OBC 62 and 63 respectively) from THIS upgrade to yours and moving your file from the DVD folder to the Bluray folder? I think you'll find that my upgrade and yours are pretty much identical since all panny BD players use the same codes. You may want to use the protocol I did as well because Panasonic Mix is overkill in this case and takes more memory in remotes that have to load it.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Hey eferz, would you mind adding the discrete on/off commands (176.0, OBC 62 and 63 respectively) from THIS upgrade to yours and moving your file from the DVD folder to the Bluray folder? I think you'll find that my upgrade and yours are pretty much identical since all panny BD players use the same codes. You may want to use the protocol I did as well because Panasonic Mix is overkill in this case and takes more memory in remotes that have to load it.

Okay. Done. Most of it anyways. I decided not to change the protocol, only because of the information which was referenced in IR Scope. I wanted to keep as close to that as possible. I figured there's nothing with wrong with protocol variety. However I did add your comment under the the actual download.
pugsly75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem that I have is that when I hit stop then hit play it will not resume where it was. It takes you all the way back to the beginning of the disk. Is there a way that I can go in and change this. Sorry I am still new at this and do pretty good installing the updates. I just have not figured out how to modify an update and reinstall it. Thanks for the help. Also why is it that people want to have discrete on off codes. Then you would have to tie them to two different buttons on the remote. I understand how older people seem to get the order of the devices messed up (my father-in-law) and have TV on and cable box off. My problem with that is there is no off button on the remote. Maybe I answered my own question LOL Thanks for the help
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of blu-ray. Some discs resume, some don't, and there's nothing you can do about it. Sorry.

Discretes make bullet proof macros, not convenient power toggles. If you make a macro to turn on your tv, stereo and cable box and set all the proper inputs, you want discretes because no matter how many times you run that macro, all those devices will always turn on. With toggles, some devices could get out of sync, tv turns on, cable box turns off, resulting in a big mess. Then you make a master off macro that turns everything off every time no matter what. That's what makes discretes so nice.

Bottom line, we typically use toggles on the power button but discretes in macros. One thing you may not be aware of is you can also put functions on shifted buttons. So if you wanted, you could put discrete on on the power button and discrete off on the shifted power button.

The way to modify an update and install it is to simply pick your remote model from the drop down on the first tab then verify all the buttons have the functions you want. Then on the last tab, copy and paste the Output into the devices tab of IR or RMIR. Lastly, assign the setup code from RM to the desired device on the first tab of IR or RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: