JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't seem to find this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Can't seem to find this Reply with quote

I saw a basket full of the OneForAll remotes that looks like the RCA RCP05B (or whatever it is) on clearance. I think that one wasn't readable via the JP1 connector, but for the life of me, can't remember what the details are on this remote.

I checked the Remote Chart PDF version and couldn't find it their, so does that mean its not JP1.3, or does that just mean my eyes checked?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't seem to find this Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I saw a basket full of the OneForAll remotes that looks like the RCA RCP05B (or whatever it is) on clearance. I think that one wasn't readable via the JP1 connector, but for the life of me, can't remember what the details are on this remote.

I checked the Remote Chart PDF version and couldn't find it their, so does that mean its not JP1.3, or does that just mean my eyes checked?

Are you juxtaposing the relationship between the RCA RCRP05B and the OneForAll OARP05S?

Question about the OFA OARP05S vs RCA RCRP05B
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Earl, that's exactly what I was looking for. I thought the OARP05S might have had a non-JP1.3 connector, so I was afraid to pick up these bargain priced remotes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Thanks Earl, that's exactly what I was looking for. I thought the OARP05S might have had a non-JP1.3 connector, so I was afraid to pick up these bargain priced remotes.

You're welcome. Always glad to help.
Anthony_Patrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using an OFA OARP05S for several months now. I've used RM and IR for programming and loading the extender. I use Tommy's USB remote programming cable and that seems to work fine with this remote. I use the setups for the RCRP05B and everything works great - it seems that these remotes are identical internally. I simply created copies of the RCRP05B RDF configuration files and modified the title headers to say "OARP05S" (for my own sanity). Remember to turn off all of the "locks" and "punch through" setups before loading an extender, otherwise the remote behaves very strangely.

Great remote, lots of functionality, lots of buttons - however the buttons are really small (the remote is physically small and has what I think are too many buttons for its small size).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: