JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM-IR v2.02 beta and atlas 2.13 extender issue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: RM-IR v2.02 beta and atlas 2.13 extender issue? Reply with quote

Hi,
I've installed the latest RM-IR v2.02 beta. I'm trying to install the latest atlas 2.13 extender into an atlas 1056 remote, 1056B01.
* I started with a default atlas setup, 981 rest on the remote.
* extinstall'd in RM-IR with no issue.

I've run into the following issue:
1. I load the upgrade for my cable box, comcast DCT-6412 created in KM 9.14, and am prompted to choose the correct remote. I choose atlas 1056, extender version 2.13. when I look at what's reported as the remote it says atlas 1055 UCR-1055 JP1.3 extender. this is not what I chose. I think it does matter.

2. I tried to load a different upgrade, an RM one for the plasma in the bedroom, and get the same report as to the remote being used.

The 1055 has a different button layout for the guide, menu, etc. set. 1056 has 5 buttons (guide, info, exit, menu, and one I can't read) while the 1055 has three.

I looked back at the unextended remote I setup in the back bedroom the other day using RM-IR and that setup has the same issue. It's says it's atlas 1055, not atlas 1056.

so it's not an extender issue, but probably something else. How do I force RM-IR to use a different rdf? the remote drop down menu only shows 1055. In the device editor, how to I change to the 1056 atlas so that I can layout the buttons correct?

Here's the panasonic ST30 RM upgrade. Note that RM loads this correctly and has all the remotes in the drop down. I loaded the RM upgrade by double clicking the icon. RM pops up and in the about part of help, it shows v2.02Beta. so it's running the device editor from RM-IR but without the IR part.

LINK to RM ST30 upgrade

Best,
jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on which version of the 1055 you're using....

UEI, in their infinite wisdom, created the URC-1055 with signature 30303030 and the URC-1055 & URC-1056 with signature 30333033

So the tools can't tell the difference between the three variants of the remotes so you have to tell it at one point. I do think there are some key differences on the OCAP's (1056) versus the regular Atlas (1055 3033 variant) but inside they are the same. So as long as you don't assign anything to the buttons that aren't there, you will have no issues.

I don't know how the tools remember which one you picked when you set it up the first time, so perhaps someone else can chime in here on that one.
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've found a bug here.

Once I install the extender for the 1056 into a vanilla 981 reset downloaded into RM-IR. it "forgets" about all the other remotes and you're stuck only with the 1055 layout.

Loading a vanilla RM upgrade gives access to all the remote types whether opened by RM by double clicking on the RM upgrade or by opening the upgrade in RM-IR.

So maybe I have to retrack my comment that it's not an extender issue, but some weird interaction with these extender remotes.

Might the rdf's be incomplete from RM-IR's point of view and need some more info in them?

Best,
jeff
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: let me summarize Reply with quote

Hi,

* I do not have an atlas 1055. I have atlas 1056, black learners.
* I cannot set up an extender, from scratch, for these remotes because of RM-IR not allowing me to select the correct rdf.

* furthermore I cannot open my current IR files with the current RM-IR. this is probably not too surprising since lots has changed. I put the atlas extender v2.04 rdf in the current rdf distribution. v2.04 is what's needed for the existing IR files.

* just tested that the latest version of IR 8.03 with the latest rdf's 1.32 as well as the 1.31 release. I can put the atlas extender rdf version 2.04 into the rdf folder and using IR 8.03, open any of my existing setups and upload and download to the remote. the setups look correct and seem to behave normally.

Best,
jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: