JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

strange problem with ATlas 1056 remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rduchynski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: strange problem with ATlas 1056 remote Reply with quote

I have been using 6131 jp1 remotes for long time but the buttons started to wear out so I ordered a rca rcrp05b remote and an atlas 1056 remote. I got a new 1.2/1.3 usb cable and no problem programming the rca remote but cannot get the atlas to work. I can enter setup codes on remote then download to IR and it shows they loaded and buttons work. however when I try entering even those same setup codes in IR and upload to remote none of the buttons work at all. I can download to IR and it shows it correctly uploaded all the codes but the remote does nothing when you press a button. It seems like the remote can only be programmed by manually entering the setup codes by the remote and not with IR. I know the cable setup is working since it works fine for the rca remote. I also have a second atlas remote same models and same problem. Any ideas??

Robert
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that the non-working uploads were created from File\New. The existing RDF file isn't adequate to allow this. I have an Atlas 1056B01, and have tested this new RDF . If your Atlas is a 1056 (30333033), then use this one instead of the standard distribution. It sets byte $61C to $0F instead of $FF. If you have a different Atlas, we may have to search for the correct byte, but you could try simply adding the line
Code:
Byte1C=$01C.3.4.$0F.0
at the end of the [Settings] section in your remote's RDF file.

Or, you can do what many folks here do-- they always download from their remote first, and modify that image. It is mean, nasty, and ugly to do it that way-- but it works, provided you have the target remote in hand.
rduchynski

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: still not working Reply with quote

tried loading the new rdf and it did not work but I was able to download from remote and build from there. kind of a pain though. was hoping for a better fix. thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model Atlas is it? If you'll do a download of your remote (after a 981 reset is best), and upload it here, I'll make an attempt to find the issue.
rduchynski

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I haven't had much time lately to respond. I have an atlas 1056b01 remote not sure what to upload and how to upload a file[/img]
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rduchynski wrote:
sorry I haven't had much time lately to respond. I have an atlas 1056b01 remote not sure what to upload and how to upload a file[/img]

I am assuming that they would want you to upload the relative IR or RMIR file that you are using with your remote. Uploading the file is easy. There's a file section above that you can use to upload. Or, you can click this link http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35
rduchynski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: atlas problem Reply with quote

I uploaded the IR file I have been having trouble with to diagnosis area of files section
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file mentioned in the previous post.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, your IR file doesn't work in my 1056B01 either. But as I explained earlier, the memory location $61C must have a value of $0F rather than $FF. You can repair this IR file by clicking on the Raw Data Tab, editing $61C from FF to 0F, clicking apply (2 bytes of checksum will also change) and then uploading to the remote.

The RDF I posted will set this byte correctly when you begin a new IR file using the menu commands File\New or a new RMIR file via File\New\Remote Image.
rduchynski

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks I will try it when I get home later. also, I tried updating the rdf with the one you suggested and then did refresh rdf in IR would that have done the same thing as using the file/new command?

thanks
robert
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if you have an existing remote image, either downloaded from the remote or loaded from a file, replacing the RDF won't force a new value into $61C. We know that a value of $0F will work while $FF doesn't but there may be other values which do something useful. So the RDF won't blindly overwrite the value-- a user may have discovered other values that result in some desired behavior, and it would be really irritating if IR insisted upon "correcting" the value. Undoubtedly $61C has some utility but at present we don't know what it is.

So for your existing IR file, just manually fix it. Any subsequent File\New image will work without modification if you use the newer RDF file.
rduchynski

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the raw data fix and it worked, thanks for the fix and all your help

robert
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I have a new 1056B01 remote that I need to program with my custom settings.

Before doing anything else,I want to save the cable box functions because I have a new cable box and want to use its settings. (I didn't find SA 4250HDC in the library). So I planned to merge them into my existing .ir file.

To read the new remote, (using IR 2.00) I select "Download from Remote". I get the prompt "Ambiguous Remote - please pick the best match: Atlas 5 day URC-1055 JP1.3 3033, Atlas 5 day URC-11055 JP1.3 3033, Atlas OCAP URC1056 JP1.3 JP1.3 (Black), Atlas OCAP URC1056 JP1.3 JP1.3 (Silver)

Since the remote is labeled "1056B01" on the back, and it is black, I pick the 3rd choice.

Then I get "Remote Load Error - C:\Program Files\RemoteMaster\maps\URC-60260.map". I looked in that folder and there is no file by that name.

I have used IR previously with a remote that looks identical, but I have not seen this error on the map file before. After clicking OK to the error, it appears to load data. I looked at the Raw data, and location $61C is $0F. On that same page, the signature is listed as 30333033.

Is there a problem? Can anyone explain the meaning of the missing map file? Can I download it if it is needed?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably you mean RMIR 2.00 rather than IR 2.00. Anyway, RMIR asks the user to pick a remote, and uses that information to select the correct RDF file to use. When I follow the same sequence that you did, choosing the 3rd remote on the list, everything works fine.

Once RMIR loads the rdf file, it needs to load the map file specified in the rdf file. URC-60260.map corresponds to the Access-HD 30393039 remote, and it isn't clear how or why that map file would be specified in the 30333033 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver)).rdf file. So I suspect that contents of the rdf file have become corrupted. The entry in the RDF should be
Code:
ImageMap=Atlas OCAP Black.map,Atlas OCAP Silver.map

You may need to download the rdf again. There's a link in the second post in this thread.
timg11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm using RMIR 2.00. I updated my installation with new files: RemoteMaster.v2.02 Beta.zip, Maps and Images required for RM-IR - Version 1.32.zip, and RDFs required for RM-IR and IR - Version 1.32.zip.

I ran RMIR again, following the same procedure, and now there is no error. So I'm good to go.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: