JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for IR codes for Huawei EC2118S
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelix wrote:
its using the custom remote (seems locally stored now on my computer [cached i guess] as the url seemed to be from the previous day.. i had a few issues so there were quite a few "guids" but this was the last one listed with a URL i could extract the xl from.. i guess its the last and correct one? (if the log is in chronological order)
The dropbox isn't necessary by the way. It is actually better if I download the file hosted from Sling. I use Firefox to connect to the respective URL and then use "File > Save Page As...". This allows me to open the downloaded file in RMIR and see your results in the "Learn Signals" tab.

I noticed that all but two of your learns were untested. It is unfortunate because a lot of your learns came up as unresolved. Out of the fourty-four total learns, fourteen were good, and three conflicted with the Huawei RC2108 RMDU that I posted earlier.

Can you please go back and teach and test the learns. If you can ensure that they actually work, then the tools we use should be able to create appropriate bin files.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we know the IR Protocol and device, wouldn't it be sensible if he just concentrated on learning the missing/incorrect buttons ? Colours...

Just my 2 cents worth Very Happy
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
As we know the IR Protocol and device, wouldn't it be sensible if he just concentrated on learning the missing/incorrect buttons ? Colours... Just my 2 cents worth Very Happy

That definitely would be the most effective use of everyone's time. However, I'm not sure kelix knows which commands are not working. He did reply, "ill send a list soon of what seems to be mapped differently to the suer expectation!", but hasn't gotten back to us in that regards. It is possible he got side tracked while teaching the IR signals to the Slingbox.

Either way, it doesn't matter if its a differential list or the entire set. The JP1 tools do all the work, so it doesn't take any more or less effort. The only thing which is important is if the IR signals are recorded properly. Testing the commands after teaching is the only way to ensure they will work accordingly.
kelix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas!

ok done, verified and here 'tis!

https://secure.sling.com/irservices/rest/v1/learntremote/be89e6aa-3e87-44bc-8467-90001d4ee534.xml

all buttons are working

grey1= settings
grey2=VoD
grey3=audio/subtitles
grey4=account
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelix wrote:
Merry Christmas!

ok done, verified and here 'tis!

https://secure.sling.com/irservices/rest/v1/learntremote/be89e6aa-3e87-44bc-8467-90001d4ee534.xml

Recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
BIN file Instructions.
Customization instructions:
Definitely test Fast Forward and Audio/Subtitles commands. Grey3 (Audio/Subtitles) came up as untested but decoded nicely. I assigned this command to "SAP/subtitle".

Even though you tested the Fast Forward command, it still was decoded as "Gap-600-1710-22?". I don't quite understand how to read gap codes. So, I made an educated guess that the command is using OBC 214 since Rewind uses 218 and is common to the Huawei EC2108. Hopefully, one of our more seasoned enthusiasts can help verify or decode it for us.

Merry Christmas to you and Happy Holidays!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBC 214 is the correct decode.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
OBC 214 is the correct decode.

Thank you very much, sir. And Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you.
kelix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks to all who worked on this.. loaded the .bin file this morning..

everything works perfectly. (fixed the IR blast speeds too)

i just need to work out why the mac websling player isnt importing the custom remote skin form the cloud when the PC one is...

thanks for everything again and hope that others who reeive this STB will fine the work you produced very useful!
kelix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, im asusming there is no way to associate the L9999 remote (from the remotes.slingbox.com slite to this .bin?

is there another skin i could use with it that isnt the default one (which is very basic and missing the "grey" buttons"
kelix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, on the mapping for the .bin under the remote skin menu i get presented with "misc"

withtin misc are 2 options:

Grey 2 "Video on Deman" appears as "Favourite V"
Grey 1 "Settings" appears as "External"

Under the remote skin "menu" option there is a button labeled "Day up" which is related to Grey 3 "Audio/Subtitles"
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelix wrote:
i just need to work out why the mac websling player isnt importing the custom remote skin form the cloud when the PC one is...

Unfortunately each client has limited access to certain skins. However the IR signals will be persistent because those are actually stored in the Slingbox. They just might have different command names depending on the skin used.

kelix wrote:
Hi guys, on the mapping for the .bin under the remote skin menu i get presented with "misc"

withtin misc are 2 options:

Grey 2 "Video on Deman" appears as "Favourite V"
Grey 1 "Settings" appears as "External"

Under the remote skin "menu" option there is a button labeled "Day up" which is related to Grey 3 "Audio/Subtitles"

Yep, the logical "name to command" mappings is something you have to deal with each individual skin. Favorite and External were intended as those were ones that I thought were the similar matches according to our tools. As for "Day Up" that was unintended, our tools had that listed as "SAP/subtitles". If you would like to customize the remote you're more than welcome the RMDU is posted above and Remote Master is available in the tool section. And there are instructions written by Alan Richey in my post above.

kelix wrote:
is there another skin i could use with it that isnt the default one (which is very basic and missing the "grey" buttons"

You can try using Alan's custom skin which is posted as a sticky thread in this forum category. Or you can be experimental and customize the RMDU setup codes to match accordingly with the one of the listed skins at http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Skin.toc

kelix wrote:
Hi guys, im asusming there is no way to associate the L9999 remote (from the remotes.slingbox.com slite to this .bin?

Unfortunately, no L9999 is outside the range of acceptable setup codes for the bin files created by our tools.
kelix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi team,

finally revisiting this thread since purchasing a new slingbox 350.

ive tried to upload the PL file from the .bin folder for this remote but it doesnt seem to be working. does anyone have any other ideas? is it hardware or the website that may be causing the problem?

is anyone seeing issues with the new 350's and custom remotes?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you tell us EXACTLY what the problem is it is impossible to comment. Could be a multitude of things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: