JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for IR codes for Huawei EC2118S
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Looking for IR codes for Huawei EC2118S Reply with quote

Hi guys, this IPTV STB is the new one for QTel's fibre plans.. any ideas how i can get the IR codes for it?

Ive seen one for a EC2108S on the boards here but certain buttons don't work. (green key etc isn't mapped)

any ideas if someone can put them up? If not, what details do i need to get to be able to map them myself?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for IR codes for Huawei EC2118S Reply with quote

kelix wrote:
Hi guys, this IPTV STB is the new one for QTel's fibre plans.. any ideas how i can get the IR codes for it?

Ive seen one for a EC2108S on the boards here but certain buttons don't work. (green key etc isn't mapped)

any ideas if someone can put them up? If not, what details do i need to get to be able to map them myself?

Does all the color button not work? I downloaded Alan's RMDU file and checked it out in Remote Master to see how he configured this remote. It looks like green and yellow are supposed to be present; however, red and blue are missing. Can you tell me exactly all the buttons which aren't working as expected? There is no presence of the Huawei EC2118S in the Logitech Harmony Database, so there's no way to get an exact profile without having the original remote. The best we can do is make sure that this profile is fixed so that it is working as expected with compatible devices. Otherwise, you'll have to buy yourself an IR widget to learn the codes for the original remote. Of course, there's a way you can teach the IR codes using the "http://remotes.slingbox.com/" then send us the XML links as explained in this guide (http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_Betaremotes_website.)
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for IR codes for Huawei EC2118S Reply with quote

Okay, you took to long to answer. So, I created the following files using the JP1 tools. I hope it helps. Please give us feedback if you use it.
BIN file Instructions.
Customization instructions:
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it as well, over at http://answers.slingbox.com/message/58632#58632

Also haven't heard back yet.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
I've done it as well, over at http://answers.slingbox.com/message/58632#58632

Also haven't heard back yet.

LOL. Gotta love Slingbox users, "Use 'em and leave 'em." I feel so used, and didn't even get taxi money. The water just can't get hot enough to wash off the shame.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mine didn't work. Wink Maybe he will have more success with yours !!
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Well mine didn't work. Wink Maybe he will have more success with yours !!

Lol. I doubt it will be any different, since the source for the IR signals is probably the same. Did you use the Huawei EC2108 device profile from Logitech?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Yes

Well, at least the options have been described to him how he can get the missing IR codes to us. It is just a matter of feedback at this point, I suppose.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
LOL. Gotta love Slingbox users, "Use 'em and leave 'em." I feel so used, and didn't even get taxi money. The water just can't get hot enough to wash off the shame.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That pretty much sums of the majority of the slingbox users that I've come in contact with. I'm so glad that you and alan don't fall into that category!!
kelix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! shot to the heart!!!

I've been away the last few days..

greatly appreciate the efforts guys. really Smile

ill have some time today to test and let you know which keys aren't working..

some are sending IR sigs (but aren't correct instructions for the box) others are mapped to different functions in the box.

ill send a list soon of what seems to be mapped differently to the suer expectation!

thanks so much again.
kelix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for IR codes for Huawei EC2118S Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
[Of course, there's a way you can teach the IR codes using the "http://remotes.slingbox.com/" then send us the XML links as explained in this guide (http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_Betaremotes_website.)

Ill give this a shot now Smile
kelix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.. so I've created a new and working lrz.. only downside is i can't find the .txt file to get you the guid...

:/

I'm running windows 7 on my mac via "parallels" but wouldn't have though that would have any impact...

any ideas if its moved locations? a google search yielded nothing.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelix wrote:
ok.. so I've created a new and working lrz.. only downside is i can't find the .txt file to get you the guid... :/ I'm running windows 7 on my mac via "parallels" but wouldn't have though that would have any impact... any ideas if its moved locations? a google search yielded nothing.

The logfile is called, "WebSlingPlayer.txt" and on Vista it can be found in, "C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Sling Media\WebSlingPlayer\". Unfortunately, I do not have Windows 7 but would assume it would be the same directory location. The AppData folder is a hidden system directory. Try manually typing the path or unhiding your system folders.
kelix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip eferz!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlii0x7w8oquj67/06ec949d-862f-4c59-9be1-70acf5c6e662.xml

here 'tis Smile

its using the custom remote (seems locally stored now on my computer [cached i guess] as the url seemed to be from the previous day.. i had a few issues so there were quite a few "guids" but this was the last one listed with a URL i could extract the xl from.. i guess its the last and correct one? (if the log is in chronological order)

everything seems to be mapped perfectly (except "0") ill need to get back to it soon to fix unless you can replace with your key press command for 0 which worked.

the "grey" buttons are as follows (custom row below the coloured buttons in the learning remote tool):

grey1=settings
grey2=VoD
grey3=Audio/subtitles
grey4=Account

once its a .bin (THANKS) i should be able to change the blaster timing??.. currently its pressing the button to slowly.. even though i selected "fast" in set up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: