JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.02 Beta now available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I think nearly all UEI executors are 0173:1. A couple of Kameleon HCS08 remotes (URC-8204 and 8206, I think) are 0173:2.

I'm a bit confused about the naming:
In the original protocols.ini there is only one entry with "PID=01 73" and this one doesn't have a "VariantName" line.
You are talking about 0173:1 / 0173:2 and mr_d_p_gumby about variant 1/variant 2.
Is the one without "VariantName" actually 0173:2 or do we actually have 3 variants: 0173, 0173:1, 0173:2?

3FG wrote:
if RMIR doesn't recognize the variant of an executor, it tries to use one which is listed. So I experimented using my 1056B03 (a MAXQ processor) and RMIR didn't display Nokia32 in the protocols list. I added the Code.MAXQ610=35 6f.... line you've supplied to the existing Nokia32 0173 entry, and RMIR now displays Nokia32. So I think we only need to add the one line rather than adding an entire entry for variant 1.

In this case, RMIR thinks that the remote doesn't have protocol 0173 and upload the supplied code from Code.MAXQ610=35 6f... to the remote instead of using the builtin variant.

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Variant 1 has an option to send a final frame with bit 7 of the 4th fixed byte toggled (or set in some versions). Variant 2 does not have this function.

Does this have something to do with "X,High X-bit:Constant|Toggle|Release" of the following line:
Code:

DevParms=Device,Sub Device,X,High X-bit:Constant|Toggle|Release

Which of the two protocol entries has to be adjusted in which way?

Michael
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
I'll speculate that 0173 with no variant is a non-official version of the Nokia32 protocol executor. Variants 1 and 2 are official executors. It appears that we need to add protocols.ini entries for variants 1 and 2.
Jim W

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Cox URC-8820BC1 Macros with RMIR v2.02 Beta 1.5v Reply with quote

When I had my Cox DVRs upgraded to a Cox Whole Home DVR Network, my 7820 remotes were replaced with URC-8820BC1 remotes. Shown here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13773 is the remote. Scroll down to view its innards. Manual can be viewed here http://www.urcsupport.com/images/uploaded_images/Cox_8820_Manual.pdf and videos here http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=761 .

One of my DVRs was connected to a computer monitor with an HDMI input and a small audio system that does not have IR control. I could not configure the DVR to allow audio volume control across power off of the DVR. Reported the problem to Cox http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/4/t/514.aspx and I also found a circumvention that involved toggling the Variable Audio Level setting after each DVR power on, which I posted to the above thread.

I wanted to save the settings for all my remotes and possibly create a macro for the volume bug circumvention. Bought Tommy's new JP1.2-4 Flash Interface Cable and 5-Pin Adapter http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405. After some problems of my own making with RMIR v2.02 Beta 1.5v, I started trying to create the macro that I wanted. The Cox supplied 8820 remote does not support Key Macros but it does support Device Specific Macros. However, since DSM Macro entry is terminated with the Select button the entered Macro may not contain the Select button. The macro that I wanted was:
Code:
Settings;Down;Down;Down;Down;Right;Right;Right;Down;Select;Up;Select;Exit;

The sequence for entering a Device Specific Macro on a URC-8820BC1 is:
Code:
1) Tap Device Mode button
2) PRESS and HOLD the SELECT and MUTE buttons until the device button flashes twice, then RELEASE
3) TAP 9-7-8 (2 blinks of device button)
4) TAP the key that you want the Macro to be on. Not Device nor SELECT button.
5) TAP the sequence of keys you want the remote to do.
   Sequence may not include a Device nor SELECT button.
6) TAP SELECT button to end programming Macro.

I have created a Google+ album at www.tinyurl.com/Cox8820RemoteMacros of before and after RMIR and JP2Sniffer snapshots. To view the album, click on the first snapshot then use the < > on the right and left sides to move between snapshots or select Slideshow. After dummy DSM Macros were created with the remote, this album shows snapshots of the DSM Macro assigned to PIP CH- modified with RMIR v2.02 Beta 1.5v to toggle the Variable Audio Level setting on a CISCO Explorer 8642HDC that is part of a Cox Whole Home DVR Network. The PIP button was used because the Cox WHDN does not support PIP at this time. The three extra dummy DSM Macros are for future use.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT wrote:
Is the one without "VariantName" actually 0173:2 or do we actually have 3 variants: 0173, 0173:1, 0173:2?
By JP1 convention, 0173 without a variant number will be assumed to be variant 1 by default (0173:1). Until we actually identify more than one variant, most PIDs omit the variant number. So, there are only two variants of this executor, and both are official UEI executors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: