JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.02 Beta now available!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: RM/RMIR v2.02 Beta now available! Reply with quote

I've built and released RM/RMIR v2.02 Beta

RemoteMaster (RM) is the device upgrade editor we're all familiar with, and is the Java equivalent of KM.
RMIR is the new Java equivalent of IR with RM fully integrated.

There is a lot of really cool new stuff here (especially if you haven't kept up with the Alphas).

Graham did the lion's share of the coding. Thanks Graham!

Please visit the RM and RMIR Wiki for information about how to use RMIR.

Changes for v2.02

• Alpha

• Fix bug that prevented fixed data being tested on download (Graham)
    • Prevent ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when loading a .rmir file containing a device upgrade with missing protocol code (Graham)
    • Fix bug that has prevented raw download from working since highlighting was added (Graham)
    • Show upload/download message in status bar during uploads, normal and raw downloads, and initializations to 00 or FF (Graham)

• Alpha 2

• Change format of timing displays in Learned Signal Advanced Details to allow pasting as a timing list into IRScope (Graham)
    • In decoding a learned signal, if a burst index is out of range, treat as zero duration but put error message in Misc column (Graham)
    • Fix bug in recognising keycode key moves when AdvCodeFormat = EFC (Graham)

• Alpha 3

• Enhancements to upload/download/memory initializations status
    • Upgrade to jp1usb.dll v0.031
    • Fix incorrect inclusion of protocol code in exported binary files

• Alpha 4

• Save changes to General Notes

• Alpha 5

• When Highlighting is active, show as text in the Color column the number of bytes used by that item (Graham)

• Alpha 6

• Implemented disassembler in Manual Settings dialog (Graham)

• Alpha 7

• Made code of built-in protocols visible in Manual Settings dialog, so that all protocols can be disassembled. (Graham)
    • Minor refinements to disassembler to handle certain error situations (Graham)
    • Corrected an error in protocols.ini, in that HCS08 code for NEC1 (pid 005A) had final byte E8 missing. (Graham)

• Alpha 8

• Incorporate those predefined constants given in Protocol Builder read-me into the disassembler, using them in place of addresses where applicable (Graham)
    • Add comment column to disassembler and in it show some info about protocol data bytes (Graham)

• Alpha 9

• Add interpretation of data bytes, in style of Protocol Builder, to disassembler in Manual Settings (Graham)
    • Add additional predefined constants, based on data from Mike England (Graham)
    • Fix bug in Hex indexOf routine, it was failing to check last position in file (Graham)

• Alpha 10

• Add checkboxes to disassembler to select whether or not to use predefined constants (Graham)
    • Add radio buttons to disassembler to select display format for S3C80 working registers (Graham)
    • Save states of checkboxes and radio buttons in properties file between invocations (Graham)
    • Add button to hide/show upper left panel of Manual Settings, to make more space available for protocol data panel (Graham)
    • Add register addresses to pf and pd annotations in disassembly comments column (Graham)
    • Add a third tab, "PF Details", in Manual Settings to show interpretation of PF bytes bit by bit, for S3C80 and HCS08 only (Graham)
    • In the device upgrade editor:

• Rename the Load button to Open, changed the mouse-over text to "Open a (RM or KM) device upgrade file." (Greg)
      • Rename the Import button to Paste, changed the mouse-over help to "Paste a (RM, KM or IR) device upgrade from the clipboard.", enhanced to accept IR-formatted upgrades containing Device Upgrade and Protocol Upgrade text (Greg)
      • Rename the Save button to "Save as..." (Greg)

• Alpha 10a

• Change the Paste to simply pop up the Import Raw Upgrade dialog. so change the text to "Import Raw" (Greg)
    • The Import Raw Upgrade dialog will prefill its fields if it finds an IR formatted upgrade in the clipboard. Pasting an IR formatted upgrade into either the device or protocol code fields will parse the upgrade and update the appropriate fields in the dialog. (Greg)

• Alpha 11

• Add a fourth tab, "PD Details", in Manual Settings to show normal usage of PD bytes, for S3C80 and HCS08 only (Graham)
    • Add a fifth tab, "Functions", in Manual Settings to provide descriptions of register and function addresses specified as predefined constants (Graham)
    • Fix bug in RM (only) preventing Cancel button in Prompt to Save from working correctly (Graham)

• Alpha 12

• Change the button texts "Hide Upper" and "Show Upper" to "Expand" and "Collapse" (Graham)
    • Block the ability to select a protocol when the remote has a different variant of the same protocol built in and there is no Alternate PID (Graham)
    • Change the display of PFn Details to use drop-down boxes instead of plain text (Graham)
    • When editing a protocol, enter Manual Settings with the code for processor of current remote selected (Graham)
    • Restructure the disassembler code (Graham)
    • Add code for the main body of the assembler, though not yet linked to user interface (Graham)
    • Remove Primacy advanced menu item, move to Setup panel of Device Upgrade Editor (Greg)
    • In a device upgrade, you can now delete a function that is assigned to a button; all those assignments are removed as well (Greg)
    • Change Help -> Tutorial to point to JP Wiki page "JP1
    • Just How Easy Is It?
    • RM-IR Version" (Greg)
    • Upgrade to DecodeIR 2.43 (Greg)

• Added NibbleSumChk translator class
      • Incorporated protocols.ini updates

• Fix loading KM upgrades with Manual Protocols for remotes that use 2-byte pids. (Greg)
    • Show a dialog for entering PB-/KM-/IR
    • formatted protocol upgrades when the "Import Protocol Upgrade" button is pressed, instead of reading directly from the clipboard. (Greg)
    • Add assembler and protocol builder facilities (Graham)

• Alpha 12a

• Fix two bugs preventing some protocols from loading or disassembling (Graham)
    • Enable an assembler line to be commented out by putting a semicolon at start of label field (Graham)

• Beta

• Minor corrections to assembler/disassembler syntax for S3C80 and HCS08 (Graham)
    • Create separate displays for disassembly and assembly, switchable with radio buttons (Graham)
    • Add additional editing buttons for assembler (Graham)
    • Preserve the assembler copy/cut clipboard during changes of protocol and/or remote (Graham)
    • Add "Allow Preserve Control" to Options menu, that shows/hide the drop-down that controls whether OBC or EFC/Hex are preserved when changing protocols (Greg)
    • Updates to the About panels to give Graham more credit for the work he has done (Greg)
    • Create facility for user to specify an Alternate PID when there would otherwise be a conflict (Graham)
    • Maintain in Properties file a history of such Alternate PIDs used in uploads, or in copying protocol from output tab (Graham)
    • Use the Alternate PID history to help recognise protocols in downloads from remote or in importing .ir files (Graham)
    • Add item to Advanced menu of RMIR to clear Alternate PID history, which in its dialog also reports the number of entries in this history (Graham)
    • When RMIR minimized while Device Editor is open, automatically minimize Device Editor as well; also restore RMIR if Device Editor restored (Graham)
    • Correct bug introduced in Alpha 11 that caused RMIR to close if an RM opened from it by File/New/Device Upgrade was closed (Graham)
    • If more than about six entries in Protocol Parameters panel of Device Editor screen, make them scroll to limit maximum height of editor (Graham)
    • Fix permissions for DecodeIR.html and DecodeIR_ChangeLog.txt (Greg)
    • Make JP1 Parallel the last available interface (Greg)
    • Update Digit Maps through 520 (Greg)

Available downloads are:

Links:
The RemoteMaster project home page, now accepting donations.
RemoteMaster.v2.02 Beta.zip
RemoteMaster.v2.02 Beta.exe - See note below.
RM/RMIR Wiki
Change Log (also included in the downloadable files)
Readme.html (also included in the downloadable files)
Tutorial (also included in the downloadable files)

Notes:
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)

Last edited by gfb107 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had done some parallel downloads with the URC-6131 for tests for Graham, but I've only been upgrading the JAR for ages. I just did a total download and updated everything. Seeing someone was having trouble with Linux the other day, and seeing the parallel code was moved, I thought I would give it a test run.

I can't download from my parallel interface anymore. JP1.2/3 serial works just fine. Even if I specify Parallel instead of autodetect, its RDF ooooo not found, where ooooo are really squares. Parallel works with IR, so its not a communications problem with the battery configurations....

I'm working with Windows 2k.

Sorry for the bad news.
Sad

EDIT1:
OOOOPPPPS, it was me. Apparently if you have 2 instances of RMIR open it can't download from the parallel, works just fine with only one instance.
Rolling Eyes Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

EDIT2:
Well its not the two instance thing either. That works just fine too, BUT it was set to Parallel when it started.

EDIT3:
When set to autodect on start will not work it finds the serial even if the serial is not attached.
rmerror.err

EDIT4:
I can't get my initial test to replicate where I had two instances open. The first time, when it wouldn't download, I went in and changed the interface to be LPT 378 and it still wouldn't download, now it finds it just fine if parallel is selected, even if I select parallel autodetect.

EDIT5:
Autodetect can't find my JP1 USB cable either. This used to work, but I haven't done this in RMIR in a long time. Seems to me Graham did a lot of work on this at one point to keep these things from throwing me out or RMIR on download, and that there had to be a certain order for things to work right with all my interfaces. I don't have a modern JP1.2/3 cable anymore, as I seem to destroy them with my frequent downloads.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug: when exiting the program, either from File->Exit or by invoking close button, if writing of the properties files fail, program does not quit. There is no way to terminate the program, except externally killing.

Analysis: Function RemoteMaster.windowClosing: if properties.save() throws an exception, this is being caught, and the dispose() is not executed, the function terminates and the program continues.

Proposed fix:

Code:
Index: RemoteMaster.java
===================================================================
--- RemoteMaster.java   (revision 1077)
+++ RemoteMaster.java   (working copy)
@@ -956,12 +956,15 @@
           {
             devicePanel.getDeviceUpgradeEditor().dispose();
           }
-          dispose();
         }
         catch ( Exception exc )
         {
           exc.printStackTrace( System.err );
         }
+        finally
+        {
+          dispose();
+        }
       }
     } );

JD4x4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Linux Shell Script (wrapper) info Reply with quote

Barf- thanks for the replies to my other issues in the other threads. I'm posting this here since it applies to v2.02, although it also applies to v2.01.

I don't know if it was intentional (I don't think so) but the Linux shell script 'rmaster.sh' does not include '-rm' at the very end of the command line. This was why I could only get RM IR with either script. Now that I understand a bit more about the operation of both RemoteMaster.jar and Linux shell scripts, I'm up & running. Thanks again.

Since rmir.sh includes '-ir' in the path I'm guessing you should add '-rm' to rmaster.sh in subsequent releases, for novices like me. Smile

One last note though, neither RM IR or Remote Master (under Ubuntu 11.04 Linux at least) can 'see' beyond the root dir for file operations. As an ex Windows user, I'm mounting & using some of my old windows hard disk partitions and have some older remote files there that would be nice to access straight from either prog (without copying them to my Linux partition).

Thanks to all for their hard work and programming on these great programs, regardless!
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JD4x4: Nice that I was able to help. Razz

The rmaster.sh was simply not updated for changed default. But the wrapper from a previous post makes up a more sound wrapper than rmaster.sh anyhow.

Quote:
neither RM IR or Remote Master (under Ubuntu 11.04 Linux at least) can 'see' beyond the root dir for file operations. As an ex Windows user, I'm mounting & using some of my old windows hard disk partitions and have some older remote files there that would be nice to access straight from either prog (without copying them to my Linux partition).

I am not sure what "'see' beyond the root dir" means.
Under Unix-oid operating systems, like Linux, you mount foreign file systems, making them to appear within the (one and only) root file system, like /net/other-machine. The whole theme is quite complex, and, here, offtopic, so I suggest that your consult your system's documentation, and/or a Linux forum.
JD4x4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
I am not sure what "'see' beyond the root dir" means.
Under Unix-oid operating systems, like Linux, you mount foreign file systems, making them to appear within the (one and only) root file system, like /net/other-machine. The whole theme is quite complex, and, here, offtopic, so I suggest that your consult your system's documentation, and/or a Linux forum.

Possibly off-topic, but relevant to any app running under Linux, I think. Especially for those users like me that have jumped from Windows now that Linux distros are "less-geeky" to get up and running. Here's my logic ..

It seems that (to simplify for the user?) the gui file display has changed to a format more like Windows, in that file menus have distinct entries for Home folder, File System (root), and 'Computer' where everything including mounted devices and network shares are shown by name and/or icon. I've noticed that most for-Ubuntu software somehow knows about and displays this windows-like file structure in file dialogs, but some others do not. That's why I brought it up.. in case there is some (hopefully easy) way to make use of it in the RM IR and RM dialogs.

Your mention of the (I'm going to call it) 'old' Linux file system display (yes, I guess it's the REAL file system) got me looking looking under the 'geeky' structure, and I have indeed also found my mounted devices in the media folder.

So, I have an easier way now rather than copying files, but I think this new file display method should be a 'heads-up' in case more people jump off the M$ ship with no Linux familiarity at all, which is very possible these days as the distros get more user-friendly.

Oh yeah.. and thanks for your patience with me and yet again another fix.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD4x4, I am not going to swallow your bait on starting a GUI/File Manager discussion. Wink Let me just comment upon Remotemaster:

Remotemaster uses "Java", not just implementation language, but as user interface, and to some extent as a philosophy. Thus it can say Desktop.browse(readmefile) that will open the readmefile using "the system's default browser", on every supported system. Of course, as proponents of particular operating system will not matter argue, this means not taking advantage of every possibility the underlying operating system offers. I am not all sure that a KDE-Remotemaster or Gnome-Remotemaster (or a Windows-Remotemaster) would be a good idea.

BTW, my latest baby, IrMaster, uses the same philosophy and technology.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, Graham, let us not forget this thread, where it was suggested to change "Clean upper memory" to something less "hygienic sounding".
JD4x4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
JD4x4, I am not going to swallow your bait on starting a GUI/File Manager discussion. Wink ..

Question I guess the interface has been a sore subject in the past?

Anyway, it wasn't 'bait', it was a comment that new & novice Linux users might have difficulty under at least Ubuntu. I'm not a java nor Linux programmer so I have no idea what's involved in getting java to display files in the Ubuntu structure. I just know that now that Linux (at least Ubuntu) displays the file system in a format that's simpler and similar to other OS's, it has prompted me to switch to it and would probably do the same with others in the future.

I dusted off my geek hat and resolved my issue by finding a 'normal' way to open my other drives, albeit by looking in another folder (bizarre if you ask me).

Was just a 'heads-up' comment for future reference in case you aren't running Ubuntu.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A minor bug was reported in this thread.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13691

It's more or less cosmetic. There is a refresh problem when using the Edit Device button on the General Screen. If you edit the device and then open and save device upgrade that has more function information, and then go back and Edit the Device again, the new functions are not listed. However if you look at the device in the device tabs all the new information is there, and if you navigate back to the general screen the new functions will show if you use the Edit device button again.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Bug: when exiting the program, either from File->Exit or by invoking close button, if writing of the properties files fail, program does not quit. There is no way to terminate the program, except externally killing.

Proposed fix:

Since no-one had any complaint, I have checked in the fix as revisiom 1080p, sorry 1080. Wink

Quote:
I guess the interface has been a sore subject in the past?

Actually, no.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following appears to be a long-standing issue and I am not sure where the fault lies, but it has come to light in exchanges between me and Vicky in connection with v2.02 Beta so I am raising it here.

protocols.ini has two versions of the MCE protocol, pid 012A. That with no variant name has code for the S3C80 and 740 processors, that with variant name "2" has code for the HCS08 processor. Some, at least, of the RDFs for S3C80 remotes that support this protocol list 012A:2 in their [Protocols] section; see for example the Atlas URC-11055 remotes with signature 30333033. This is not unique but I haven't checked all such remotes. Since 012A:2 has no S3C80 code in protocols.ini, attempting to edit the MCE protocol for these remotes causes RMIR to crash.

Either the RDFs are in error and the supported variant is simply 012A or else there exists S3C80 code for the 012A:2 variant that is not in protocols.ini. Either way, there is an inconsistency that needs to be resolved.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Either the RDFs are in error and the supported variant is simply 012A or else there exists S3C80 code for the 012A:2 variant that is not in protocols.ini. Either way, there is an inconsistency that needs to be resolved.
Thr RDF files are correct; there certainly does exist an S3C80 version of the 012A:2 variant:
Code:
Code.S3C80=47 93 81 8B 09 00 05 37 01 A4 00 DE 00 CE 08 00 58 04 37 50 06 37 00 03 B6 04 F0 37 52 \
           06 37 00 03 B6 09 C0 2C 08 38 0B CF 10 0C 10 0B DF 10 0C 10 0B 90 C3 FB 03 B6 0C 03 2A \
           ED 1C 12 F6 01 4C 77 71 38 03 F6 FF 6B 38 04 F6 FF 67 B0 C6 87 36 05 F6 FF 6B 6E 37 66 \
           F6 77 70 C6 F8 87 FF F6 01 58 F6 01 0A 7B D5 AF 4C 04 8B 02 4C 08 90 C3 7B 09 77 70 1C \
           18 F6 01 6D 8B 07 1C 16 F6 01 64 77 71 4A EA AF

Dilligaf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the process of installing an extender on an Atlas 1055 3033 remote and ran into problems when testing it out. I found that the macros I set for device keys in RMIR didnt work. I saved the file as an IR file and opened in IR and the macros read completely different. I reset them to what I wanted in IR and saved, I then opened the saved IR file in RMIR and the macros read incorrectly. I uploaded to the remote without changing them again and now the remote works. I'm using v213 of the atlas extender. Here is the file http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=10128

Mike

PS. I merged the extender in RMIR and the default macros looked weird so I reset them, after fixing in IR the macros look like they did originally
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When trying to assign keymoves from a newly generated upgrade that uses an executor which isn't built into the remote, the keymove isn't displayed. This is also true in RMIR 2.00.

1) Start RMIR
2) New remote image (RCA RCRP05B in my case)
3) Enter valid setup codes (just in case)
4) Devices tab, New, select Denon Combo (PID 0047)
5) Set device mode and setup code (e.g. 1234)
6) Press OK, or first assign functions and buttons--the behavior is the same.
7) On Keymoves tab, click New
8) Enter in a keymove using the 1234 setup code
9) Click OK, and the new keymove isn't shown in the table.

Click on another tab, and click again on the Keymove tab. The Keymove tab is not displayed. Minimize RMIR, maximize, and the Keymove tab is displayed, including the recently entered keymove. However, the icons near the top of RMIR aren't seen until the mouse cursor moves over them. Click away from and back to the Keymove tab-- it isn't displayed.

The keymove data is shown in the Raw Data, so I believe that the actual entry of the keymove did occur.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: