JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
I'm not sure if new members are allowed to post link to sale sites. There is an german web shop selling the package that includes the urc7960 with the PS3 adapter for 25 euros. I will post the link if I get confirmation it is ok to do so.

Sure, go ahead and post the link. We only delete obvious spam links.

madmalkav wrote:
PS: perhaps we should move this talking to another topic?

Agreed, already done.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: seems like the link actually breaks the URL tag of the forum, so the store is conrad dot com and you will see it looking for smart control PS3, first result.

I actually never bought something in this site, so if anyone have some feedback, it will be nice to read.

Last edited by madmalkav on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
I'm not sure if new members are allowed to post link to sale sites. There is an german web shop selling the package that includes the urc7960 with the PS3 adapter for 25 euros. I will post the link if I get confirmation it is ok to do so.

PS: perhaps we should move this talking to another topic?

Doesn't sound like much of a "sale" since 25 euros is about 35.0975 USD, although I suppose someone might need a PS3 bluetooth adapater for the extra coin.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those PS3 IR to Bluetooth adapters are expensive, dude. And you can't figure how hard it can get someone to ship remotes from US to Europe. I have a really tremedous time to get an Xsight Touch from US to Spain to benefit from that price drop that haven't showed here.

Anyway, the option is there for people to consider. Me needing the PS3 adapter and being in Europe consider it quite interesting.

PS: actually, it seems like I use the word "sale" incorrectly, it have a meaning of special offer that I didn't try to imply, I just wanted to refer to a place selling stuff. Please don't be so hard on my exact phrasing, I have no formal training in english language and probably write the stuff in a somewhat weird way.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
Those PS3 IR to Bluetooth adapters are expensive, dude. And you can't figure how hard it can get someone to ship remotes from US to Europe. I have a really tremedous time to get an Xsight Touch from US to Spain to benefit from that price drop that haven't showed here.

Anyway, the option is there for people to consider. Me needing the PS3 adapter and being in Europe consider it quite interesting.

PS: actually, it seems like I use the word "sale" incorrectly, it have a meaning of special offer that I didn't try to imply, I just wanted to refer to a place selling stuff. Please don't be so hard on my exact phrasing, I have no formal training in english language and probably write the stuff in a somewhat weird way.

Oh no worries, I apologize for criticizing your choice of words. To make up for it, here's the link you wanted. This one shows the deal more prominently since it appears for the same price, you can get the remote with the PS3 adapter or not.

http://search.conrad.com/Conrad/FACTFinder.ff?query=ONE+FOR+ALL+SMART+CONTROL+%2B+PS3+ADAPTER&filterbrand=OneForAll
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here's a direct link to the listing that madmalkav was trying to link to:

http://www.conrad.com/ONE-FOR-ALL-SMART-CONTROL-%2b-PS3-ADAPTER.htm?websale7=conrad-int&pi=943120
madmalkav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine. Hope this week I will have some time to assemble the JP1 serial interface.
fabriw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: any news on software support for the URC 7960 ? Reply with quote

any news on software support for the URC 7960 ?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabriw wrote:

As I understand the OARI06G and the URC-7960 are the same remote. It uses a JP1.4 or JP2 interface which the fellas are hammering out support as listed earlier in this thread.

mdavej wrote:
Yep, any JP1.4/JP2 with a 6-pin connector, but not JP2 with only a JTAG connector (8-10 pads but no pins). Just bought one myself from Amazon in anticipation of this historic development. A lot of people have been working very hard behind the scenes to make this happen with our current JP1.3 cables and an update to our current software.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out there are some internal differences after all, but good progress is being made on both. There are major differences between these and previous JP1 remotes, so there are a lot of changes to be made in the software. Getting very close, but it's not ready for prime time just yet.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Turns out there are some internal differences after all, but good progress is being made on both. There are major differences between these and previous JP1 remotes, so there are a lot of changes to be made in the software. Getting very close, but it's not ready for prime time just yet.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if these will be the first UEI remotes that will garnish Vicky's "These Remotes Are Not Ugly" award.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: any news on software support for the URC 7960 ? Reply with quote

fabriw wrote:

I hope to have a beta version of RMIR with full support for the URC7960 and OARI06G publicly available before the end of the month. I have both remotes so will ensure that it can handle properly the differences between them.
fabriw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can help with development or testing, please let me now.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabriw wrote:
If I can help with development or testing, please let me know.

You've said the magic word, "testing" Very Happy . I would be most grateful for some testing of the URC 7960 support in RMIR, so I have posted the latest development version of RMIR here. To try it you need to do the following:

* If you don't yet have it, download and install RMIR v2.02 Beta.

* Download and unpack the zip file of the development version.

* Replace the RemoteMaster.jar file in the installation folder of v2.02 Beta with that in the zip package and replace the jp12serial.dll in the Windows subfolder of the installation folder with that in the zip package.

* Copy the RDFs for the URC7960 and OARI06G from the zip package to the folder containing your other RDFs.

Depending on what Windows version you are running, you might need one further step. This is nothing to do with JP1.4/JP2 support but instead is a change that Greg has made concerning the location of the RemoteMaster.properties file, described in this post. If you are running Windows Vista or later, that properties file is currently in the folder C:Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RemoteMaster. If RMIR says that it can't find your maps and rdfs then you need to copy the properties file to the RemoteMaster installation folder.

To check that it is properly installed, open RMIR and look at Help/About. It should show RemoteMaster v2.02 Beta 1.5m and give, under Interfaces, the JP1.X Serial version as 0.18f_JP2. There are two .rmir test files in the zip package that you can open as a final check, one for the URC7960 and the other for the OARI06G. You are then ready to roll Smile .

I believe that everything in RMIR should now work for the URC7960 and OARI06G. Other JP1.4/JP2 remotes have only partial support. They are still being worked on, so this development version is still in a state of flux. Please try it with your URC7960 and report back here. I need to know your findings, whether they are good or bad or are bug reports, so that it can be polished further before a more public release.
reinhold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Linux? Reply with quote

I would love to help (I have a OFA URC 7960), but I cannot get that development version to work under Linux. I assume it's because the updated JP12 serial library is just for Windows and not for linux. Is there any chance to get the updated Linux-amd64/libjp12serial.so, too?

When I try to download from the remote in RM, it tells me "No remotes found", and the blue circle on the remote flashes twice...
Thanks,
Reinhold
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: