JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TCL L32HDM11 Remote Code
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. The upgrade in the link earlier is not a combo protocol, it's just the RCA protocol modified for a different carrier frequency. Where did the combo protocol in the RMIR file come from?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a file in the TV section that used a 38KHz Combo. It was submitted by you last year. Broken link It still shows up in jp1-master-1.08.

It has more functions listed than the 9115 file that you linked to earlier in this thread. The file is on my computer, and I guess in jkarell's also, since it showed up in his RMIR file. It doesn't seem to have the device info filled into the byte2 column, but does have it in the notes section.

I think we should recast the missing file with a Combo 38KHz executor that is included in protocols.ini. I'll work on it-- once I figure out why we have a RCA combo with durations, and why we don't use all the features of the Official Combo executor.
jkarell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other question, I tried to learn the signal from the tcl remote using a radioshack 15-100. Every time learning failed, any idea why?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkarell wrote:
One other question, I tried to learn the signal from the tcl remote using a radioshack 15-100. Every time learning failed, any idea why?

It can be an array of things; distance, IR interference, frequency limitations, over-complex signaling, the color of your socks. Stars might not be in alignment, the moon might be in the seventh house and Jupiter and Mars are aligned.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the combo version, and as expected, while it imports properly into KM, the device codes get dropped when it's imported into RM.

I have re-loaded the KM version here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9876

And an RM version here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9877

I had to paste the hex into RM as it wasn't generating the right hex when I tried entering the device codes in the byte2 column. (I should be able to fix this by editing the protocol details, but I don't know how to do that).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: