JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR External Functions - What am I missing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: RMIR External Functions - What am I missing? Reply with quote

You can find the RMIR file I am talking about HERE.

Usually it's something obvious and probably is this time as well. I have defined 3 External Functions in the DVD 2013 device - 2 ToadTogs to define an ON and OFF function and a Delay (pause) that is needed between the Play and Stop commands. I made this delay 3 Seconds, just so it was obvious for my initial testing.

If I defined the 2 ToadTogs as Special Functions in the master RMIR file and the Delay in the External Functions of the DVD 2013 device then it worked correctly. Therefore, I believe that I proved that a pause can be defined in the External Functions of the device.

If I then remove the 2 ToadTogs from the Special Functions of the master RMIR file and define them in the External Functions of the DVD 2013 device (as you will see in the indicated file) then the ToadTogs do execute correctly - the Play-Stop commands are sent, or the Power command is conditionally sent as would be expected, but the delay does not happen.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I expecting something to work that isn't supposed to work, or is something wrong?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I've never tried to do anything like that with external functions. I don't think it's supposed to work.

I'd do all that stuff on the Special Functions tab rather than try to make it part of your device.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is what I have always done in the past. I thought I would try this, just to keep everything about that device together in one place. It came so close to working, I thought maybe it should. I have already reverted to the way I have always done it before, just to keep things moving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: