JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any Hope for this Remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
01sporty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Have you read http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help ?

I started to then found the Wiki of the same title and assumed they were the same document. http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version

Quote:
IR.exe is the main program that we use to communicate with our remotes. RMIR is being developed as a replacement but it's not all the way there yet (as you can see from the posts above, some things are a lot harder to do in RMIR)

The Wiki document seemed to be the more current of the two. I didn't see anything about RMIR being under development. Unintended beta testing.

Quote:
But regardless, did you try the RMIR file that I posted for you?

I did. See Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am post. Apparently we were typing at the same time.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, RM/RMIR v2.02 Alpha 10 includes, among other things,
the ability to import IR-formatted device upgrades from the clipboard, using the Paste button (renamed from Import). It will auto-detect the type of upgrade based on the first line of text. The first line of IR-formatted upgrades must start with (ignoring case) "Upgrade Code". When this pattern is matched, RMIR will parse the clipboard data (looking for both a device upgrade and optional protocol upgrade) and pre-fill the Import Raw Upgrade dialog with the parsed results. If it looks good, press OK and the device upgrade

I tested only using the sample for this thread, so I had the following in the clipboard:
Code:
Upgrade Code 0 = 0F D0 (Cable/2000) keymap-master Device Upgrade (KM v9.20)
FF 00 21 7F BF
End

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) Unknown Device (PB v4.02)
43 8C 01 8B 0E 84 41 08 07 09 D8 03 4F 03 48 09
DF D6 AA 8D 01 46
End

The entire process is:

1. Select and copy the text into the clipboard
  2. Open a saved .rmir file (or download from your remote)
  3. Click to the Devices tab
  4. Click the New button
  5. Click the Paste button
  6. Click the OK button to accept the parsed data
  7. Enter a desciption for the upgrade, and click OK to close the Device Upgrade Editor
  8. Pick the device button your want to assign the device upgrade, and click OK.
  9. Upload to your remote and save to a file.

Once there's been more testing and we are satisfied with the logic, we can take out the intermediate Import Raw Upgrade dialog (or make it optional)
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01sporty wrote:
The Robman wrote:
Have you read http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help ?

I started to then found the Wiki of the same title and assumed they were the same document. http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version

You found the wiki version of the RM-IR doc, right below it was the wiki version of the doc that I posted:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_KM_Version

01sporty wrote:
The Robman wrote:
But regardless, did you try the RMIR file that I posted for you?

I did. See Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am post. Apparently we were typing at the same time.

You're right, I missed it. Glad that it works. Do you have any identifying information about the switch so that when I load the upgrade for it I can give it some sort of label?
01sporty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You're right, I missed it. Glad that it works. Do you have any identifying information about the switch so that when I load the upgrade for it I can give it some sort of label?

I got it at OSH. Next time I'm there I'll see if they still carry it. The remote has no ID at all.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does OSH mean "Orchard Supply Hardware"? If so, they have a site at http://www.osh.com/ The site isn't loading at the moment, but maybe you could try it later to see if you can find your switch on it.
01sporty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Does OSH mean "Orchard Supply Hardware"? If so, they have a site at http://www.osh.com/ The site isn't loading at the moment, but maybe you could try it later to see if you can find your switch on it.

No luck on finding the switch. I suspect it's obsolete.

In the meantime, I finished a file for my security system. It might actually prove to be useful to someone. I put it in the diagnosis area and was hoping someone could look at it, clean it up, and post it in the proper area.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9848
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you take a photo of the device itself and the remote control? And if there's a label of any sort on the back with a model number, serial number, etc take a pic of that too. That might help us try to track it down.

As for the upgrade, you haven't assigned the functions to any buttons, so this upgrade won't work "as is". I assume that you have a more recent version on your PC which does have the buttons assigned, if so, could you load that version for us please. Also, does your security system have a brand or model number.
01sporty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360386919523

The seller calls it a Viewmaste-800. I called it generic because that name doesn't actually appear anywhere on the unit. There is also no name given to the unit in the user manual which is also available on that page. I think it is likely sold under a number of names and probably even packaged in a number of different cases. Once you get past the gobbledygook, all the specs of the various units are suspiciously identical.

As far as the keys go, I figured if anyone made use of the file, they would want to assign the keys to their liking. The only keys I use are the number keys and the quad key. Anything beyond that and it's much easier to go to the computer and control it.

Or is this another ir.exe vs rmir issue? I still haven't got a chance to look at ir. If it needs keys assigned in order to work just let me know.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually looking for info on the switch that you bought at OSH.

As for upgrade files, even though the next user certainly has the option of re-arranging the buttons to their liking, we generally like to see at least the normal functions assigned to buttons, so the next user has the option of just loading the upgrade without thinking about it.

If we were to post an upgrade with no buttons programmed, I can guarantee you that sooner or later someone would post that it doesn't work.
01sporty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Here's a picture of the light switch remote:

I'm afraid that's not going to be much help. The switches themselves are buried inside electrical boxes under 18 inches of insulation in the attic. Just the sensors peek out thru a hole in the ceiling. The reason I used the remote switches in the first place is I didn't want to wire wall switches.

I replaced the CCTV file with one that has the keys assigned:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9848
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: