JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't get both OBC and EFC entered in KM or RM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you're trying to use the Widget, right?
As cauer29 mentioned, the Widget probably can't decode Barco, because it counts the number of rising edges during a short time interval. This method assumes that the IR is turning on and off at some frequency (like 38KHz) during the "on" periods. But Barco just turns the beam on DC. I think you'll need to use a remote to capture Barco.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
As cauer29 mentioned, the Widget probably can't decode Barco, because it counts the number of rising edges during a short time interval. This method assumes that the IR is turning on and off at some frequency (like 38KHz) during the "on" periods. But Barco just turns the beam on DC. I think you'll need to use a remote to capture Barco.

Yes, I'm using a widget. I'd rather have a root-canal than do head to head learns.

So perhaps the TV/0178 is sending a barco, when it uses the built in 002a but I can guarantee you the 002a code from the prototcols ini doesn't send anything similar to the barco.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

The widget counts pulses in 100us windows and it assumes that at some point in the stream, there will be 2 (3?) consecutive windows with pulses that occurred contiguously. It needs that in order to calculate the frequency. In the case of this unmodulated protocol, the widget, or more properly IR Scope gets confused. The original 2A protocol turns the IR LED on for some 18 us and the widget will dutifully count that as "1". Some 280us later it turns the LED on a gain for 18us and that also gets counted as "1". So, the first 100us sample window got a 1 and the 3rd 100us sampling window got a 1. Then there is 180us of nothing followed by another 18us of LED on. So far, the widget/IR Scope may just be able to follow along. Where it gets difficult is that in this protocol, zeros are sent as 18us on followed by 80us off. Two zeros in a row could get counted as 2 pulses in a 100us sampling period. IR Scope would present this as if the pulses happened right next to each other and that is absolutely not right, even if it didn't get tripped up trying to figure out the frequency.

As for learning the x02A protocol, my 8910 seemed to be ok with it, but my 15-100 throws an error in IR when I try to download. Something to the effect that the learned cmd contains more than 3 burst lists. I should probably look into that further.

A.A.
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you're still waiting on the answer as to the behavior of devflip, but I tried it both with and without devflip.

Upgrade was setup with device 18 and OBC 14.

Without devflip checked, the remote sends device 12 obc 14 once and then sends device 18 obc 14 as long as the button is held.

With devflip checked, the remote sends device 18 obc 14 repeatedly as long as the button is held.

A.A.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I'm really interested in the behavior of the equipment, and whether the reponse is different. It may help us to understand the meaning of this toggle.
Boet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier - been a busy week for me and kept fooling around with the remote to get it working properly. The forum also hasn't sent me any email notifications about new messages from the 14th on.
It seems whenever I program more than a few buttons, it messes up the data or something (e.g. the remote its MENU button becomes the POWER button).
Because of this, I haven't tried the device / devflip options yet, sorry for that!

Vicky, I both edit the configuration and program the remote using RM. I just enter the OBC / EFC and assign the function to a button on the remote - that's all.

I'm still using an URC-3940 with an URC-3920 file for RM.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boet wrote:

It seems whenever I program more than a few buttons, it messes up the data or something (e.g. the remote its MENU button becomes the POWER button).

I'm still using an URC-3940 with an URC-3920 file for RM.

I don't have the RDF for the URC-3920 so it must be pretty new. If the RDF isn't mature, then there could be a setting which scrambles upgrades if the file was started with a file NEW instead of a download from the remote.

Did you start from a download?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Boet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I programmed a few buttons (power, adjust, enter, exit and the arrow keys), which worked fine.
After that I downloaded the configuration from the remote, saved it as a backup, added a few commands, assigned them to buttons and uploaded the new configuration to the remote.
I did this a number of times, and it just seems that the problem occurs above a certain number of programmed buttons.

I also noticed, when I added certain key assignments, uploaded them to the remote (which resulted in messed up keys) and downloaded the configuration back from the remote, a number of other keys showed up in the list which I hadn't assigned. Those were all set up with the same (default?) OBC/EFC.

Does it matter which 'memory block' the projectors commands are programmed into? From left to right in RM I see TV - SAT - 1808.

I got the RDF somewhere from this forum... don't remember exactly where I found it. I'll see if I can relocate it...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to see all the files together to diagnose the problem.

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This are the best RDF/map/image files we have.

If you'll upload RM and IR/RMIR files from a good and failed upgrade, maybe we can figure out where things go awry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: