JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A little help needed with Samsung Blueray upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
huestifer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: A little help needed with Samsung Blueray upgrade Reply with quote

This is my first upgrade and I'm having a little trouble getting the right output from my remote.

I captured the OEM remote's signals using IRscope and then I exported them into RM and assigned my functions to the buttons on my JP1 remote. Everything looked good and after uploading my upgrade to my JP1 remote it still wouldn't control the Blueray player.

So, I tried comparing the signal from my upgrade and the signal from the OEM remote in IRscope and there is a slight difference in the output but I'm not sure what to change in my upgrade in order to correct this issue.

Here is the difference in the outputs:
Here is the IRP Form from IR Scope.
OEM:
{37.7k,504,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(9,-9,A:16,1,-9,B:20,1,-57.7m)+{A=0b0000010000000000,B=0b11101011110001000011}; Alt leadout form: ^121m

JP1 Upgrade:
{38.0k,495,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(9,-9,A:16,1,-9,B:20,1,-61.2m)+{A=0b0000010000000000,B=0b00001011110001000011}; Alt leadout form: ^120m

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that I assigned my own 4 digit set-up code to the upgrade. Would that affect the remote's output if I used the OBC as the info for the functions?

Just in case:
--------------------------
1. Device: Model= BD-D5250C/ZA
2. Type of device:Blue-Ray Player
3. Year:Manufacture date- March 2011
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas DVR 1055 Time Warner Cable Remote -non Learning (uses JP1.3)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes 1.2/1.3
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? I just bought an IR Widget. My remote is not a learner.
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? yes
--------------------------

Let me know if there is any other info you need.
Thank you.
-Huey
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To see what went wrong, we need to see the ICT files produced from the captures and the RM file that you created from it.

It looks like you might be missing a parameter, but without seeing what you are working with its hard to tell. Typically Samsung Blue Ray Players use Samsung36 protocol. I believe the missing parameter is the E parameter. If this is a Samsun36, the first 4 bits of the part B would represent the E parameter. If this is lsb, which most signals are, then the value for E=7.

If we had your files we could give you a clearer answer.

Zip your files together and post them in the diagnosis section, and then post a link to that file here so we can have a look-see.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always easiest to start with an existing upgrade. Any of our samsung blu-ray files should get you at least 90% of the codes. My guess is you didn't load the protocol into your remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave he's got the protocol loaded. You can see it from the raw IRP that Huey posted from IRScope.

I assume we called it Samsung36, because part A has 16 bits and part B has 20 bits, yielding 36 data bits. The Samsung20 has 20 data bits after all.

Samsung36
{38.0k,495,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(9,-9,D:8,S:8,1,-9,E:4,F:8,F:8,1,-61.2m)

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
huestifer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Hooray! Reply with quote

You were right Vicky!

I had left the "E Protocol" field Blank.
I wasn't sure what went in there at first. So I figured I'd leave it blank Razz

But now I see it written right in IR Scope under the Misc. column "E=7" Duh! Laughing

Thank you so much Vicky my new upgrade now works flawlessly.
Also I'd like to contribute it to the forum if it would be of use.
is there a link you could give me explaining how I would go about that.

Thank you very much for the pointer it was exactly what I needed.

Thank you Dave for the suggestion about using a similar upgrade as a starting point. I'll try that on my next one!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hooray! Reply with quote

huestifer wrote:
But now I see it written right in IR Scope under the Misc. column "E=7" Duh! Laughing

Yeah it would have been easier to spot if we had your ICT files RDMU files.

Quote:

Thank you so much Vicky my new upgrade now works flawlessly.
Also I'd like to contribute it to the forum if it would be of use.
is there a link you could give me explaining how I would go about that.

its really easy. Just navigate your way to the file section/DVD (bluray) folder and click the upload button. You might want to read this
creating a better upgrade

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Huey, I don't see your upgrade in the file section yet, do you need any further assistance with loading it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: