JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xfinity (grey) JP1.3 remote won't command Moto-DCT6200 STB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Bullock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Xfinity (grey) JP1.3 remote won't command Moto-DCT6200 STB Reply with quote

I just bought 2 Xfinity (grey) JP1.3 remotes and I cannot get either to command the Moto-DCT6200 STB. I have downloaded the programming/code sheet but cannot get find the code for the STB.

I have tried the Comcast code 01982 as well as Motorola 01376, 00476, 00810, 00276, 01187, 01254. None of these work with my STB.

I have a Samsung TV and code 10060 works fist try. Once entering code it flashed twice.

It only flashes once after entering the cable code. could this be the problem, the codes are not right for this remote?

I would be grateful to know if this remote is compatible with my STB?

Thanks,
Dave
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default, Comcast remotes don't permit changing the Cable setup code. Use the 982 Command to unlock the remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3fg beat me to it.

Quote:
I have tried the Comcast code 01982 as well as Motorola 01376, 00476, 00810, 00276, 01187, 01254. None of these work with my STB.

It only flashes once after entering the cable code. could this be the problem, the codes are not right for this remote?

By default the cable code is locked. You need to unlock the cable button before you can assign a new code.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
David Bullock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I am now able to set the Motorola codes and seems all buttons work except the PIP/swap to switch between tuners. Any insight to this?

P.S. I found the function moved has to the PIP/CH- button. I good now thanks again.
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you BUY remotes? Just ask Comcast, and they would probably just give you them for free!

BTW, the RCA RCR05B comes pre-programmed for the Motorola's, and even has an OnDemand key! Plus, it's true universal remote, unlike the Comcast one, which is mainly designed for cable use.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyross wrote:
Why did you BUY remotes? Just ask Comcast, and they would probably just give you them for free!

I guess it depends on where you live, they had a monthly fee for me.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it is worth, I have a RCRP05B, and like it. However, in our house we use 3 Comcast remotes, and I use the RCRP05B for testing and fooling around.

The Comcasts fit in the hand well and have nicely sized buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: