JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UEI Atlas 1056B03 JP2 !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalgaryBen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: UEI Atlas 1056B03 JP2 ! Reply with quote

I was tempted to post this under the non-JP1 forum, but since this particular remote actually has the same header as the JP1.3 Atlas 1056B01 that I have, it's essentially a close sibling.

So, as the subject says, I have some 1056B03 remotes -- one with no JP designation, and another one with JP2 silkscreened by the header. See pictures below.

Have any of you encountered these, and are you able to use a JP1.x cable to read from or write to it? My attempts to do so have failed. Same cables (diygadget serial cable, and another USB), which work on the 1056B01 JP1.3 remote, don't work with the 1056B03 remotes. IR.exe reports "Failed to open JP1.x interface" with these. Manufacture date on these is Dec '10 and Apr '11 for the unlabeled and the JP2 labeled remotes, respectively.

I haven't got a Tommy Tyler cable to test with at this moment (but looking to get one to try out -- but curious to see if anyone else has tried yet).

Any thoughts?

Ben
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had no success communicating with JP2 femotes
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
jetstar52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:

Maybe we should enlist the aid of a fembot.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetstar52 wrote:
gfb107 wrote:
Maybe we should enlist the aid of a fembot.
I knew they had changed the communications protocol, but I didn't know they also changed the gender! Surprised

CalgaryBen wrote:
I haven't got a Tommy Tyler cable to test with at this moment (but looking to get one to try out -- but curious to see if anyone else has tried yet).
None of our cables will work. Too bad, as these are nice remotes. The ones I have are all backlit too.
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the JP1.4 was the last remote we had been stonewalled on, and I was not aware there was a model designated JP2. When did it show up? Do we know anything about what's in it? Is there a thread somewhere that talks about "having no success communicating with JP2 remotes"?
CalgaryBen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler wrote:
Is there a thread somewhere that talks about "having no success communicating with JP2 remotes"?

Related topic (could be merged with this thread) -- 1056B03 Failed to open JP1.x interface, although that poster seems to have a remote with no JP designation silkscreened on the PCB (like the left picture at the top of this thread). All of Shaw Cable's backlit Atlas remotes currently shipping are of the "JP2" variety. These came on the scene early this year.

Ben
DocLove

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Any Progress? Reply with quote

I just got 6 of these to run my whole house, also purchased a jp1.2/3 programmer from tommy. I really like the look of the remotes and was looking forward to programming them. but they will not talk to the computer.

I found this thread and I hope the problem has been solved.

Any help would be appreciated
The Doc
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem has not been solved yet, but we are working on it as hard as we can. For now you'll just have to hang in there and keep your fingers crossed.

I am curious about one thing. Since the Atlas 1056B01 (a JP1.3 remote supported by our present software) and the Atlas 1056B03 (a JP2 remote NOT yet supported) are virtually identical in function and appearance, what influenced you to choose the latter?

Tommy
DocLove

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Remotes Reply with quote

The reason I bought the reomtes is that the vendor on ebay said that they were JP1.3 remotes so I thought they would program. I guess I sholuld have only bought one to try. I am going to try to return them, but I don't have much hope.

anyway, everyone beware this remote from ebay will not work.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190539879235

The Doc
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good price for a good remote. If you'll just hold on to them I'm very confident we will soon be able to program them.

Tommy
mrplow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traded in a couple broken atlas learning 30333033 remotes to shaw and they gave me two new 1056B03 JP2 remotes, the silk screening is a little different from your pics.
I have a JP 1.x usb cable from diygadget, if I could be of any help dumping or debugging just let me know.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzrP5DWIlpplOTg2YWEwZDQtMzIxNi00ODZlLWFjN2MtY2VlNDg3YjE5YzE5
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzrP5DWIlpplMWFmY2MyZjctY2FkZC00MWNiLTg1YTQtN2M1ZmM1NmZjMDAx
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzrP5DWIlpplNTU2YjI0NjUtZGU2ZC00ZGU2LTk4OTYtM2MzZDVhMWNkYjBk
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzrP5DWIlpplODY2OWQzNTEtMDRkNC00ZWUzLWE1ODUtMTJjN2I3MzMwZmZi
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've come a long way in the last few months. If you want to try the latest development version, see this post which gives a link and explains how to install it. I have today updated the RMIR version in that link to RMIR v2.02 Beta 1.5o and have added an RDF for the Atlas 1056B03. There is still a lot we don't yet understand about JP2 so please play with this and report your findings, good or bad. BTW note that, on mine at any rate, the JP2 connector is what I consider to be upside down. Pin 1 is top right rather than bottom left.
mrplow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn I'll have to wait for a linux .so.
Thanks for all the dev time
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrplow wrote:
Darn I'll have to wait for a linux .so.
Thanks for all the dev time

You're the second would-be tester to need a Linux .so. I can't compile it myself but I'll try to arrange for it to be done asap. I need all the testers I can get Very Happy .
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RMIR development version linked to in this post now includes Linux support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: